Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PxWzsrj8bZE
youtube.com/watch?v=IM9JtNravm0
youtube.com/watch?v=vfblUSCaAQk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=PxWzsrj8bZE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I dont understand, why is this joke 5 years late

When my wife was 19, she was in a very serious car accident. Along with a broken hip and series of fractures, she had significant nerve damage. Thankfully, she wasn't paralyzed in any way, but she does have nerve issues on the left half of her body, not unlike a stroke victim. Being so young, she was able to adapt very well, and you can’t tell anything’s wrong by looking at her. However, along with a litany of lifelong medication, she was told she could never bear a child. Now, this happened before I met her, so I was aware and accepting of the fact when we got married. In 2008, after three years of marriage, we were shocked when some routine blood work came back showing that she was pregnant. Her periods were always very irregular due to her health issues, but she was already three months along. The doctors were very careful not to be optimistic, and prepared us for the worst, but my wife carried to term and we had a healthy baby boy, who we named Donald. Donald's physical development was ahead of schedule, but mentally, he seemed to develop slowly, and he spoke his first word much later than most. By age three, Donald was diagnosed with autism. I won't sugar coat anything: it was very difficult and frustrating to raise a child with autism. Donald never spoke more than a few words a day, and would often seem to be in his own bubble apart from our universe. One thing Donald loved was frogs. He stared at pictures of frogs all day, played with frog toys, and filled notebooks with drawings of frog after frog. We eventually got a glass aquarium with a few different frogs for his room. Donald loved his frogs and played with them very well. Donald became "The Frog Whisperer" in our home and I know every parent makes outlandish claims about their children, but Don really could issue a few single-word commands to his pets. When I first showed Don a picture of Pepe on my iPad, he immediately began jumping up and down. He ran to the dining room table, and with a pencil and pad, drew a Pepe freehand. He only looked at Pepe for a second on the screen, but the recreation was eerily perfect, in that way that only autistics can sometimes seem to perform superhuman feats.

I showed Donald a few more pictures of Pepe over the next couples months, but I needn't had, because he was taking it upon himself to draw rare Pepes every day. Last year, Little Don changed again. When Donald Trump would come on the TV, Little Don would focus all his attention on the man, even if he were in the middle of doodling. This had happened before, usually with people that had very commanding voices, but Donny seemed to hear Trump in a way that he couldn't hear anybody else. When I would stream Trump rallies, Little Don would come into the den and watch with me in silence, leaving when the rally finished. As I said before, Donny never spoke much. He'd occasionally get a slogan or catchphase in his head, telling my wife and me for weeks on end that everyone loved McDonald's. So it was amusing, but not out of the ordinary, when he shouted "Make America Great Again!" when Trump came on the news. His infatuation with Trump was more extreme than any of his previous episodes, as he started rattling other phrases like "Build the Wall," "Mexico is going to pay," and "China is ripping us off in trade." In six months, he'd spoken more than he had in his entire life. We sat down with his special education teacher to talk about it. While Mrs. Tyson was telling us that anything that got him to come out of his shell should be encouraged, he approached us and said that we will no longer surrender our country to the false song of globalism. From that day, Donny began progressing dramatically. We watched every Donald Trump video, and my son would always ask me follow-up questions, showing that he was actually comprehending the content. He still drew Pepes incessantly, but the other symptoms of his autism shrunk away. When Trump accepted the GOP nomination at the convention in July, Donny seemed completely normal. His teachers had never seen anything like it, and after much debate, we decided to enroll Donald in a regular class this year. It's only been two weeks, but he is doing wonderfully. And despite our biggest concern, Donald is socializing and interacting with the other children very well. My wife actually burst into tears when Donald told us he made a friend at school. So, Mr. Trump, I don't know what you did, but I know I owe you so much more than my vote in November. You've given my son a chance at a normal childhood, and you've given me a sense of control in my life once again. And I while he can't vote, I know Donny supports you with all his heart. Thanks for listening, everybody. Make America Great Again!

youtube.com/watch?v=IM9JtNravm0

I wanna say something funny to contribute but this sums it up really

/thread

Why would we be joking about 2011 in 2011? Its an offshoot of the Vietnam/Some folks joke, would you saying that joke is 50 years too late?

Yes

Thank you for party rocking

Well memed

Unironically, isn't the music video for that song sort of like Infinite Jest?

This. I don't get it.

You like DFW or something, you frogposter?

imagine having a grown son who

The fact that it's five years late is what makes it funny to me

This would have been funnier five years ago

The worst part of this meme is having that stupid song stuck in my head every goddamned day.

toasting in an ebin house tonight

It actually is.

Continue.

makes such a video

>Reading a book
>Theres a church scene
>Hallelujah chorus starts playing

I just cant handel it

Memes are shit. I think we can all agree on that. They were acceptable, like, 5-or-so years ago. Essentially they were slightly amusing inside jokes on the internet. Of course, at the height of their popularity (around 2010 - 2012), they started appearing everywhere; not just on the internet but occasionally on TV or in video games and movies. Your friends, coworkers and classmates would laugh at memes now. And they weren't funny anymore. This site is testament to that fact.

So who's to blame?

Well, mainly sites like Reddit, Memebase, 9gag, etc. And I'm not just saying that because it's cool to hate on those sites; they all spread shitty memes like a cancerous growth in a survivor of the Chernobyl disaster. These websites are where memes went to die, in a way.

But you can't blame them entirely, really. It's human nature to want to fit in with everyone else, and if everyone else likes memes, then you should probably check 'em out, too! And you did, and you laughed for a while, or at least pretended to. And then, when people finally bored of memes, which was inevitable, people started to dislike them. And then hate them.

So here we are, in 2016, and it is now a social norm (at least on the internet) to mock and hate memes because they're so mainstream. The ultimate irony is that hating memes is now mainstream. And yes, while I do personally think memes are shitty and should die a horrible death, and Reddit, 9gag and Memebase are all terrible, I feel the same way about the stupid people who think they're being cool and funny by making faux-channels called shit like "le epic reddit mememaster" with an avatar of a fedora neckbeard guy, spamming comments like "redditors unite!" in an "ironic" sense.

Is that pasta
I agree making fun about certain behaviour and mimiking others has become popular like you said

Only time will tell what happens and the younger generation controls that

Memes have never really been funny. It's just "humour" that stems from recognition. The thing that used to make it acceptable was that it was kind of an inside joke. But now no one is left on the outside anymore and all that remains is the recognition part.

EVERYBODY'S GONNA HAVE A GOOD TIME

If you had to choose ONE song for a Veeky Forums party what would it be?

youtube.com/watch?v=vfblUSCaAQk

DAAAAAVID FOSTER WALL-ASS

>cancerfags pontificating as if they know anything

You're knocking an unavoidable phenomenon born out of accelerated socialization of the Internet because of some of the cringy side-effects that have popped up as we've become cognizant of the whole thing. Also "hating memes" is actually ironic and a meme in itself because nobody actually hates memes as a concept in general, they just think like you do. Bottom line: memes are unavoidable and you probably don't actually hate them.

Absolutely wrong

GOOD GOOD AMERICAN WRITER