I want to learn a new thing every month, what activities/books does lit recommend?

I want to learn a new thing every month, what activities/books does lit recommend?

The Autodidact general

Bitch imma slap you

We both know those threads are circle jerking some shitty books

Go back to where you came from, summerfag.

History. Plain and simple. You can learn some crazy shit just by picking up something in the clearance pile at your bookstore. If you can find somewhere that sells "antique" books then all the better.

For instance, you ever heard of the USS Akron? Biggest airship disaster in history. And for a flying aircraft carrier, no less.

Both these answers are no different in usefulness.

you learn a new thing every day, even if you don't want it

What did you learn today friend?

Latin passive periphrastic use

A month isn't really enough time to get basic proficiency in anything.

>Basic proficiency

Nigga get the fuck out and stay out.

You read what interests you. I started with articles and popsci books on a few subjects, nowadays I read a more larger share of subjects and I read a bit heavier and more actual papers.
I suggest to take long walks and think about what you've read. It is also a good idea to keep a journal because human memory is messy.

>what books should I read if I want to learn something every month?
>oh yes the thread whose purpose is collecting good books and discussing their merits
>no not that thread
neck yourself faggot. why don't you make a contribution next time?

Opened the thread to ask a question asswipe

wikipedia

Some user keeps going on about their diary so I guess it's pretty good.

y u mad tho?

DOS for Dummies
C+ for Dummies
Guitar for Dummies
[etc.] for Dummies...

listen to the history of philosopy podcast

I haven't seen that meme in a while.

easy easy friends, I've got an interesting set of starter books that I'm about to recommend in a new /ag/, so settle down and hang in there.

Autodidact General is not interested in circlejerking books insofar as they're interested in providing solid introductions to such-and-such field and providing core material that will make you a stronger autodidact. A lot of us want to embrace the liberal arts education that we deserve but were never given, and others simply want to become more well-rounded and figure out how the world works. There's a lot of terrible books out there that'll do a beginner no good, especially without the resources of a university, so I thought there would be a good niche for those of us "in the know" who want to pass on the good favor. The dedicated few of us had quite a few good conversations and shared all sorts of interesting links from legal philosophy to physics.

Come on down to the next /ag/ sometime. I hope we can grow this into a small movement on Veeky Forums for those who want to cultivate the Renaissance Man inside of us.

The Columbia Encyclopedia

It has 3000+ pages with double columns and I think 9 pt font