Can we talk stand mixers? Just bought a Kitchenaid Professional 500 (model KV25G0XOB) stand mixer for $200

Can we talk stand mixers? Just bought a Kitchenaid Professional 500 (model KV25G0XOB) stand mixer for $200

Just wondering why it's the only one not sold out. Is it not as great a mixer or not a great a deal as I thought it was? $200 is a lot of money to me.

Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Original-Beater-KitchenAid-5-Quart-KA-5LR/dp/B002KAPN9G
trendy-kitchen.com/kitchenaid-artisan-vs-professional-mixer-comparison/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why the fuck would you buy any stand mixer if $200 is a lot of money to you?

Because I want one, they're always expensive, and been waiting a long time for them to be on sale, finally saw it today so.... i finally pulled the trigger

I'm not aware of any KitchenAid stand mixer model having model-specific problems.

Professional 500 is one of the main series of KitchenAid mixer (the other being smaller Artisan), and they work fine.

That's the one I have
Pretty damn good

Good purchase OP, I bought a Professional 600 2 years ago for $300 (it's down to $280 right now) and it's awesome. Making double batches of batter for layers cakes and triple batches of cookie dough is really convenient for the holidays.

One thing I HIGHLY recommend is to buy an aftermarket double-sided scraper paddle attachment to pair with it. For the 500 Pro this (and the KA-5L) are compatible models:
amazon.com/Original-Beater-KitchenAid-5-Quart-KA-5LR/dp/B002KAPN9G
It's vastly superior to KA's included beater by constantly scraping down the sides of the bowl as it mixes so the only thing you ever have to worry about is the bottom. I bought mine at the outset to go with my mixer and it's still works great now.

I'm glad OP got one of the Pro-line models since they still have all-steel gearing plus burnished steel attachments (and the better S-hook for doughs). Also the bowl lift mechanism is more secure than the tilt-head on the Artisans (though it does make adding ingredients as you mix and bowl scraping more tedious).
trendy-kitchen.com/kitchenaid-artisan-vs-professional-mixer-comparison/

300w vs Viking at 800w or 1000w
Viking seems to be discontinued now, but they still seem available here & there for close to $500+
comments about either brand are welcomed.
i’ve been considering buy s stand mixer

This is a blatant shill thread and I love it for some reason. It is so transparent and refreshing.

Just bought this same shit. I hope this model isn't a lemon. Seems like low color options, no glass bowl, no tilt head are why this model doesn't sell as well. Got mine in the mail though. Seems like a good deal. Bigger motor and all metal gears.

if heard that the bowl lifting models are no good. stick with the 5 qt models where the head tilts up.

>Just wondering why it's the only one not sold out
it's probably because it doesn't tilt. I got the one you pictured for christmas one year and felt superior every time I used the lever to lift the top, knowing I had a better model than what you see on TV a lot of times.
I liked the mixer and you will too

My bf almost beat me when I bought one

Can anyone elaborate on this a bit more? I am in the market for a mixer and am leaning towards a Pro 500 but really want to do all the research I can.

i bought a used broken hobart n50 and fixed it to basically new for about 200bux

if you need to use a stand mixer more than twice a year then you may as well get a hobart

sounds abusive

Can you explain a bit more about how? I'm pretty interested in doing this.

My girlfriend has an older model kitchenaid mixer, that thing has lasted her for six years with no issues and she's using it all the time for baking.

They're tanks, don't worry you made a solid purchase that'll last you years if you don't go full retard with it.

Tbh he was right to be mad I don't use it much

literally $20-40 at any thrift store in america.

How much do these things cost normally?

They're solid. My parent's one is 15 years and works like new.

What thrift stores do you go to?

Bake more. The best way to make him forgive you is through his stomach.

Anywhere from $350-500 depending on what color you want, retailer, and whether it's a bowl-lift or tilt model.