How does it make you feel knowing that he's smarter and more well read than 99.9% of you?

How does it make you feel knowing that he's smarter and more well read than 99.9% of you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=udLsGJbw4Hs
fdrliberated.com/stefan-molyneux-promise-failure-upb-inside-story-part-1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

True, but neither of those things means he's right about things he says.

not an argument xdxd

>but neither of those things means he's right about things he says.
It means he's more likely to be right. Therefore his opinion should be trusted.

And it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Having been burnt out on him, I haven't listened to him for the last few months.

Also, he's an incredibly gifted rhetorician but also reliably dishonest. He'll belabor at every little turn the meretriciousness of those employing sophistry, while his other face makes liberal use of it.

He actually is pretty amazing of a philosopher, he has managed to fuse free market capitalism with nationalism in a way that most philosophers are too scared to explore. Typical libertarian thought of "open borders" sounds elementary compared to Molyneux's more nuanced worldview.

I believe that he's more well read than I am, but considering a lot of the stuff he believes, he seems to have poor critical thinking skills. He is still probably "smarter" than I am, but only in certain ways, and not some that really count.

ok, so what heuristic am I to rely on when there countless others whose views both countervail Stefan's and meet your conditionals?

>but considering a lot of the stuff he believes, he seems to have poor critical thinking skills.

Like what?

He's an ancap. That disqualifies him from any sort of respectable position in my eyes.

Dare we use the word "brilliant"?

>philosophy

youtube.com/watch?v=udLsGJbw4Hs

I would hardly describe him as an ancap anymore, he believes that countries have the right to protect their borders, limit immigration, and make trade deals that benefit them. He is not entirely anti-statist.

Althought I suppose you could argue that "ancap" implies total private property, which implies the right to exclusion. But I still wouldn't describe him as full ancap, moreso a minarchist capitalist who believes in a minimal government domestically but can protect itself from international threats. This distinguishing between how a government operates within the nation (hopefully minimally), and how it protects those values, is a pretty neat idea that isn't explored enough.

He looks more and more JUST every time I see him
is he ok?

Agreed.When you accept proxies like how much more "well read" and "smarter" a person, in determining the message-bringer's fidelity to truth or rightfulness, you've commissioned a state-of-mind that is ripe to be corrupted by silver-tongued charlatans. Experts at cogency sure, but that is to say nothing of whether they facilitate truth.

It makes me regret not spewing bullshit on youtube for money.

I watch his shows where he has an interesting guest on, but that's about it. The way he conducts himself is more tolerable. Some of his "what pisses me off..." rants are just an extension of theater classes from his youth, though I do believe he's genuinely passionate about what he preaches.

Still cant wrap his head around a concept as simple as AGW though.

Serious question, can someone show me an example of this guy saying "not an argument"? People meme hard about this but I've never been able to find it.

I watched some of his videos once, he literally just makes up shit, intelligence is irrelevant in the face of that. He straight up lies or commits copious amounts of logical fallacies to make something fit a predetermined agenda or conclusion. Most of these sorts of figures just orientate their videos towards a demographic that affords them some popularity though. It's not like they're really human beings.

Maybe but after all you shouldn't judge his views by how many books he reads. If anything you should judge his views by how much his audience reads since they're a larger sample size and they're the ones who are the most likely to be genuine about it and it would surprise me if they've collectively read more than 4 books.

You don't think that far ahead you just become an autistic /pol/ poster

How does it make you feel knowing that he likes to pretend to be a girl and post positive comments under his own videos and was dumb enough to forget to switch to his alt account to do it?

I don't know about that, but his skill levels in sophistry and rhetoric far, far surpass mine.

Reminder that Stefan Molyneux solved ethics

fdrliberated.com/stefan-molyneux-promise-failure-upb-inside-story-part-1/

Don't pretend like you know who wrote that comment.

>Sophist
Sophist? Sophist? What a bunch of vile drivel. I would like to hear your definition of sophist, and how it applies to Molyneoux, user. Please enlighten us all, Mr. Philosopher king.

I tried watching a video by him on Ayn Rand and he opened it by saying "you can tell Rand is good because evil people don't like her". Turned that shit off right away.

youtubers are for johnny-no-friends type people.

stop pretending you have friends

it's fine because you can tell he was bullied hard as a child, so it's fairly safe to say his head has been in more toilets than mine

...*pregnant pause* ...lol

appeal to authority now go fuck off.

Alarmed.

You can yourself enlightened, once embrace the product im selling: reason, rationality and the free market of ideas - now the volcano worshipping primitives, they lack the reason and rationality of a Western civilization: The Volcano God demands sacrifice. Now these savages, having not the need of rationality, find the free market of volcanoes to their liking, and embracing the Western tradition.

Serious question, why the fuck do people even like this guy in the first place? His videos are like a fucking hour long and just him repeating the same dumb shit.
I initially thought he appealed to conservative retards but those idiots like short, digestible propaganda, is Molyneux's audience supposed to be "intellectuals"?

Neither of those things are true, but he's right about everything he says.

>you can tell Rand is good because evil people don't like her

But that's actually flawless logic.

He's a really cool guy so I'm ok with that.

You're joking right?

You know his MA thesis or whatever is actually a running joke in philosophical circles, right.