Guys this mushroom medley totally tastes like meat, mmm, you don't know what you're missing meatfags

>Guys this mushroom medley totally tastes like meat, mmm, you don't know what you're missing meatfags

Vegans actually believe this

>Guys this mushroom medley totally tastes like meat
I'd totally be alright with trying some of that mushroom medley if it wasn't being pitched to me as a meat substitute
why can't food just be valued by if it's good on its own merits in isolation from whether it's meat or not

Aren't grapes poisonous to foxes?

This desu. Meat is overrated.

Fried zucchini, sauteed mushrooms, sauteed green beans, broccoli medley, collard greens, etc are all way more flavourful to me than meat ever could be.

I still eat it, mind you. I just have it in my diet for variety sake rather than some weird necessity.

because picky eaters need to justify their actions to themselves

>Fried zucchini, sauteed mushrooms, sauteed green beans, broccoli medley, collard greens, etc are all way more flavourful to me than meat ever could be.
Once you season the fuck out of them, yeah. Meat is good on its own.

>collard greens
>no meat
you're what? how the fuck do you make collard greens without bacon or a ham hock?

I've never had collard greens with any type of pork, but I sometimes have it with steak or eggs. Compliments them nicely. Also fine just having it like spinach as a base for a veggie bowl.

>Meat is good on its own.
That's not a universal rule by a long shot.

they're sour anyway

>I've never had collard greens with any type of pork
bruh if you haven't been boiling them with a hambone you been eating shitty collard greens

I can make mushrooms that taste just like meat. Cuz I cook them with mofuggin meat, and eat it on top of a steak with some bacon

This. There are some meats that are excellent without any effort. Beef, duck, venison, some types of fish, and eggs (if you count eggs as meat) are all enjoyable without too much effort. Things like pork, cod, tuna and chicken on the other hand are absolutely bland on their own.

It is the same with vegetables. Some are great raw and on their own, others are disgusting without being cooked or seasoned.

Fruit is universally great on its own, though.

I'll try it, but I am quite content with how I currently use them.

Fried potatoes with onion, garlic and mushrooms is god tier.

I don't think mushrooms taste like meat, but they're pretty good.
>Vegans
Who gives a shit?

>I'll try it, but I am quite content with how I currently use them.
for real, do try it, it's a game changer and you won't be content with how you currently do it once you've tried it

>Fruit is universally great on its own, though.
Not universally as long as dragonfruit exists.
>vibrant and attractive to look at
>insubstantial and bland under the surface
It's the cheerleader of fruit.

I remember enjoying dragonfruit the couple times I have had it. I used it for juice.

its a glorified Kiwi, you turkey

I refuse to trust the opinion of a man who doesn't use ham hock in his collard greens

I just eat mine plain. Everything tastes good when I'm hungry :D

Most meat is anything but good on its own. That's why recipes call for dumping a lot of seasoning on it and/or drench it in some kind of sauce.

the point of meat is the texture. Nothing really fights back at the molecular level like meat does. Its the thrill of the hunt as gustography.

I just eat meat so the animal is always with me and I’m never alone. Knowing that all of these cows, chickens, pigs are always around me in my everyday life because I consumed them makes me happy. It’s like I always have company even when I’m alone

>gustography
the illustration of enjoyment?