I don't like nihilism anymore. It kills my desire to improve myself. What should I do Veeky Forums?

I don't like nihilism anymore. It kills my desire to improve myself. What should I do Veeky Forums?

Ride the Tiger

>I don't like nihilism anymore. It kills my desire to improve myself.

Read Nietzsche, the sentence you posted basically sums up his whole philosophy.

Accept Christ.

Why would you want to improve yourself in the first place?

That answer is easy if you're not nihilist

Get the Oxford classics 'Selected Writings' of Thomas Aquinas or read the Greeks again.

Was evola gay?

>That answer is easy if you're not nihilist
One may very well believe they don't need to improve (anymore) to serve their purpose in this world or whatever spook they choose to chase.
Self improvement is a means to an end, thus my question.

He was a rapist of women.

They call that overcompensating

>spook
Post disregarded

this

>Self improvement is a means to an end
Power?
>whatever spook
Ego? Stop stirnerposting if you don't understand it

Realize that self-improvement is a means to an end. If you're a nihilist, realize that also means since there's no meaning to life and no afterlife, all you have is this life so you should do what you enjoy while can. The path to hedonism begins with self improvement and ends with a stable financial situation so you can blow all the money you want on pleasure.

>ends in financial stability ʳᵉˢᵘᶫᵗˢ ᵐᵃʸ ᵛᵃʳʸ

But if pleasure is meaningful you should always strive to improve in ways that results in more pleasure

No one said the path isn't treacherous.

With financial independence comes more time to read, more time to party, more time to indulge in whatever pleases you. And over time, self-improvement can become a pleasure as well.

not treacherous wasnt my point, not viable for most was more my point

That's a defeatist attitude. The odds are stacked against all of us but it doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

Why would you be a nihilist? It fucking sucks, my dude. If nothing matters, why not choose some way to live that doesn't make you depressed as fuck?

#debunked

True but he completely failed to overcome nihilism.

I heard Jung wrote something about overcoming nihilism, and the value of spirituality in modern society.
I was thinking of reading "Modern man in search of a Soul", cause a friend of mine recommended it . Has anyone here red it?

this thread has left me with a lot to think about.

Why would I read Nietzsche if I wanted to improve myself, when there are six million better things I could be doing?

sounds like you need Nishitani Keiji

Nihilism didn't kill your lack of desire to improve yourself, being miserable did

"lack of", I fucked up here lads

this guy doesn't get it

Become a stoic

>How disheartening to those who uphold the myth of manhood based on muscles and metallic strength: this alone is the TRUE man, the ABSOLUTE man. He absorbs within himself the ambiguous virtue of the female. . . .’The Way that is the Way is not the ordinary way’ indeed. . . .
Evola, Introduction to Magic, "Serpentine Wisdom"

Read Kierkegaard.

Was enola gay?

Nihilism itself leads to being miserable.

It starts off well enough: oh man look at me I have rid myself of all the delusion of modern man and transcended the falsehood of what is surrounding me, until you realize the terror that actually is. Being wholly alone in your thoughts, in a world without meaning, with no-one to share that with. Even if you do come across a fellow nihilist, it's typically just a recipe for self-destructive drug benders, or you'll figure out that they're so self-absorbed in their own nihilistic worldview that they won't make a good friend anyhow.

Stop being a faggot. It's that simple

>Stop being a faggot by reading the biggest faggot of all time!

Don't listen to this faggot.

Kek
Tired of seeing this

Six million you say?

You should actually read Nietzsche since you don't know what nihilism is. You don't get to opt out of it--nihilism is the decisive event of modernity. All values must and will devalue themselves until they're dead.

So what are you to do? What did the Greek dithyrambs do, which would later become the chorus of Athenian tragedy? Sing and dance. We are all undergoing a tragedy, so what else is there to do?

this

Read 'beyond good and evil' by Nietzsche my man

Who here /hermit/?

I don't mean some basement dwelling autist jacking off to anime and playing video games all day but someone who has chosen to opt out of this hellish culture for spiritual reasons.

How do you spend your days? How much time do you spend with other people and what type of relation are they to you? Also what do you to develop yourself spiritually?

Wow, holocaust was a word that existed before 1945? Several news stories about the same Russian Jewish population refer to the number multiple times? Holy shit, the kikes mist be bamboozling us!

This OP. You mustn't understand nihilism in terms of a personal attunement toward the world but a fundamental way of being that is part of living in the west. Nihilism thus doesn't attune you to seeing the world according to your particular "empty" way of seeing things but rather the condition by which people see things as what they are in the first place.

Whether you "like" or dislike nihilism has nothing to do with whether or not you are being nihilistic. It simply is.

Why does the (supposedly) most sophisticated board on Veeky Forums continually fall for the most unsophisticated and poorly thought through philosophy on the planet?

You guys must be depressed. There's no way you guys actually become convinced of nihilism intellectually.

calm down, friend

Confirmed for brainlet who doesn't understand nihilism.

They are jealous.

t. Jew

nihilism is retrded go outside and grow pair

I know that you worship satan, but can you please accept truth even once in your life?

Maybe try some New Age.
Concerning nihilism, I use it to detach myself from the whole drama of life. Every time I start caring too much about some bullshit, it's like a bucket of cold water

this

and this

Get a gf