Rate my shelf, Veeky Forums

Rate my shelf, Veeky Forums.

Also, general r8 thread.

2/10

I hate it, it's cheesy looking. I would spit in your face and leave if I saw this crap.

2/11

Barnes and Noble collectible editions...You might as well be hording "collectible" McDonald's toys.

1.3/10. That extra .3 is because you at least have Plato, even though it's cover is completely distasteful.

I think it's cool . Bet it lasts for generations

>9747932
You posted this in the last purchases thread, and no, you're not getting a (You) from me, nigger!

Get the fuck out of here you scum

This can't not be bait. It's like the reddit compendium.

Some look good, some stupid.
What really irks me though is the fucker had money for all those collectible editions but couldn't buy another fucking $30 library at ikea.

*meant bookcase

Bait

>all these summer fags not recognizing pasta

Feels like you picked those books only for their glittering covers.

do you ever read them/have read them all, or are they just decoration?

This was posted the other day in some shelf thread, guy said he gets those as gifts from friends who visit him.
Those editions are cringy as fuck, I own the Shakespeare one and regret buying it

It's bait guys.

Serious question: What would you do if your son was diagnosed autistic and just wanted to play video games all day instead of reading books?

I'd end myself

This picture taken 2016 and noone like. You posted yesterday and noone like. This picture post today and still noone like. This picture old dead meme.
Stop.

>top left
Are you specifically collecting Reddit's top 100 books?
At least you have Jim Goad

>chan filename
>still getting serious replies
so, Veeky Forums is retarded too

>read me a story mommy
1/10.

>cheap hardcover editions of classic books
>people lose their minds because they look tacky

Why is every copy of Infinite Jest posted on Veeky Forums in shitty condition?

Who else buys hardcovers and throws out the shitty artsy fartsy insert covers?

Solid color, plain text spines for patricians only.

>all those compilation books
Not a fan.

Because people throw them around and step on them. There are children here who think you have to ruin your books when you read them, so you have to destroy it to look smart.

I treat it as it deserves to be treated.

i've read it twice and its a paperback--idk what to say.

I like them. Maybe because I live in a shithole where nobody read (italy), where edictions are shit, translations are shit and they never reprint anything worthwhile, but I find them cool as shit.
The only thing is, all those books are brand new, read them Op.
Btw, there are better edictions around? I wanted some good edictions of my favorite readings and the fundation trilogy, dune, and norse mith seems cool as fuck. Also lovecraft, a good tip for the chutulu mythos?

Puerile materialism.

Pretty sure there's a sub group of lit posters that just jerk off to these threads all day.

Too shiny. You are more concerned in looking pretty and neat than actually having culture and taste
Obliviously there is stuff with value there like Edgar Allan Poe and Sherlock Holmes, but overall is poser as fuck
>Grey Anatomy
>Tarzan
fucking please

Also you only read fiction? what the hell?

If you have read all those books you will be better read than your average lit poster

Lovely/10 I bet youre a nice person.
I'm jelly of that GR, is it a legit first?

Looks similar to mine. Good taste. Get more Barth.

All shit versions

You can be autistic and read books all day, user. Home schooling your child is the way to go, and don't buy him any video games. Fuck socializing, mold him into something impressive.

>I pay 10X as much for public domain shit because muh shelf a e s t h e t i c s

wtg

I didn't really do any of it on purpose, an accumulation of three bookshelves over five or so years. Here is the first one.

>two copies of M E A T

My gf and I both had one (;

What're those two on the top left?

I don't throw them out, but I do take them off. Solid colors are appealing to me as well. It looks more old skool.

Shelf two. Sorry for the rotation I am phone posting. Shelf three is all my least favorites, not really worth posting.

M E A T?

I wish I had the thread where someone [you?] posted this and some guy ripped into that, saying how most bookshelves tell a lot about the person but buying all the tacky B&N versions of these didn't tell DICK about that person besides the fact that they wanted an AESTHETIC and how much they hated him/her

It saddens me that you're right

Either those are unread, or you take very good care of your books

Crop a little bit off either end before posting and it'll be oriented properly

All wrong and none have read the book. It's because of the end notes you fucking morons. Reading IJ involves flipping through pages at about ten times the rate of a normal book.

Thank you, user! I will take your advice next time.

>Star Wars Trilogy

Nigga what the fuck

>actually reading the end notes

>20170617_181110.jpg
And not one book by a woman. Saddens me but whatever, do you.

meme image/10

>all those hardcover books with shiny font
nice mang, did you select those on purpose?

Is The Instructions any good? I haven't read any fiction from the 21st century as of yet, so I'm looking for something good.

Some are unread, but i am analyzing as fuck when it comes to handling my books, so not as man as you'd think.

Yes sir it is. Best thing I own.

>fiction

fiction is a waste of time and brain power

Pretty nice, would hang out with

>Virginia Woolf

>long difficult books by old men

are you punishing yourself son

It's the only thing that excites me at this point in my life. I don't know what that says about me, but it's the truth.

Shit. *anal

I haven't gotten to that one yet, as it's a signed copy and I'm waiting to find a cheap paperback before I read it.

Nice everyman's. What are the loebs? You have the most I've ever seen on lit except for my own

How the hell did you upload such an enormous picture?

There's a Baseketball book?

Are these from the $5 table?

downscaling with irfanview

sweet

the magic johnson dvds? lol

it's been a weird ride

Ep*c. Simply Ep*c....

LOL!!!!! Kek oh my gosh how terrible... Oh no... Wow. MY EYES ARE BLEEDING. This is some gross stuff, and now I need to go watch some fuzzy cat videos to stabilize my wacky eyes going wild from the cringe. YUCK! :( makes me wanna kill myself

This makes as much sense as fat kids. You have complete control over kids for 90% of their day.

Be a parent and take away his video games.

Fuking epic bro!! xDDD

Also kids learn by example and can be "tricked" into having fun doing worthwhile things.

A professor of mine back at school homeschooled his (then 10 year old) son and would get the boy excited to do math and read books because the professor himself would be excited about those things. The boy obviously wasn't totally on par with my classmates, academically or socially, but had a remarkable education already, and grasped at least some things that even we struggled with as ~20 year olds.

Haha thanks bro! I was only memeing there :) . Be sure to subscribe!

Upvoted!

Can you clarify what you meant in your reply? You said "Fuking epic bro! Xd" (paraphrase); however, I'm having difficulties decifering what you're referring to when you're saying something is epic. I'm guessing you mistyped "fucking" and you're saying something is epic, as in huge, and you forgot the comma before "bro." Specifically, what I can't comprehend in your reply to me is in what you're regarding to as epic.

Holy cr*p! looool upvote reddit style! looool upvote reddit style! i luv cat videos. : 3 teh penguin of doom!

Some of them are good like Inferno and Paradise lost

>Tarzan

Why do you have a problem with this, but not the other early pulp?

What editions are these? Because if they are marketed as "collectible" like those horrible Barnes and Nobles editions then they deserve to be burnt like a packet of crisps.

Hello kind sir!
I mean that
1) you're comment was full of "epic win."
2.) it was huge but also cool
3.) it was very kewl
k... thx and stay upvoted! : ))))

Illusion of just too, do you want to study for five more questions or five more minutes?

Everyone likes thinking they have agency.

its a small collection, but its mine.

Do you really play Atari games still? They haven't aged well.

I mostly play berserk because its fun, but I've given up on video games recently

*browses r/the_Donald once*

Why is your Nortan Shakespeare green? I have the same edition of the same book but mine is red

But I am a puerile materialist, user, and in fact, I do find something arousing about these threads, although not sexual (yet). It's something I know I have to fight because it is so pathetic, but I can't help it. I bounce back. I go to libraries and bookstores and just look at all the shelves. I smell books and remember their smells. There are some books I used to have that I don't have anymore and I miss their smells.
I look through all the different covers of books and debate in my head which one looks best. I save pictures from these threads.

I recognize those garish, curtain-like patterns from Penguin Hardcover Classics. They're actually all right enough, binding and price-wise, just bizarrely designed.

I see you have the cheesey 80's editions of Tolkien. I'm disappointed I lost The Hobbit with comically fat Bilbo on the cover.

That cover of A Confederacy of Dunces makes me want to burn the whole collection.

Yeah

Power to you for making it past the second Dune book.

This
Notice how how each book from left to right gets less tatty. Chapterhouse is in absolute mint condition.
It's the same with the Ender's Game series. Don't people realize that if the sequel is terrible that the rest aren't suddenly going to get better.

super colorful and mainstream and you probably haven't read much of them but you say you have for nerd cred. your collection is like the world of warcraft of bookshelves.