What books are good for embracing suffering and struggle as a driving force to succed in life?

What books are good for embracing suffering and struggle as a driving force to succed in life?
I know people are gonna say camus nietzche stirner schophenh, stoicisim aur and shit but in what order?
Tired of being a weak pathetic victim of fate and want to forge my own path

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_the_Great
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you can't forge your own path
give up

This can't be. The universe isnt deterministic

People on the well trodden path will throw stones at you. But forging your own way can lead you to riches, both material and spiritual.

your mind is deterministic

Read Christian writings. Read the Passion stories in the Gospel, then read meditations about the sufferings of Jesus. Christianity is really big on the idea of embracing suffering as a path to final redemption. Look up Saint John of the Cross.

but he won't get anything from christian writings unless he's already religious and the halo effect predisposes him to find it insightful

but ''salvation'' in christianity is not the same kind of salvation i seek
How?
I tried reading will to power but it doesnt inspire me as much

I've never read Will to Power, so I don't know if that would help you. I would say forging your own path requires a form of common sense, you need to know how to world works- what can and can not be done. Once you figure that out, you'll realize there are some things that can be done but some people don't like (though its perfectly legal), and that there are things you CAN'T do (that are insanely illegal). Its finding these things that you can do that will help you find your way, even if people aren't doing the same, and as for the things you CAN'T do, its all about finding the people that decide to do them anyway, and sometimes, just sometimes, retribution can be profitable.

I was talking about things such as rising above your own circumstances, excelling at life and human enviroment in the 21st century

Well, I am too.

I just read this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_the_Great
Holy shit this is insane. How can some men be so great?

Try senecas letters to lucilius.

Christianity is for cucks. Read some Homer.

I had a similar feeling when I read Plutarch's biography of Alcibiades, I would go so far as to say that despite his ultimately being unsuccessful, he makes Alexander look like a four eyes nerd. I couldn't sleep after I read it because I could hardly believe a person could live a life like that.

His father laid the groundwork for him, all the work he did with making the army worth a damn, the tactics, and so on. That isn't to say that if he had gone against the Persians he would have fared better than Alexander, but Alexander definitely had an easy way in as a commander because of this.
I remember reading a good book going over the state of Mediterranean warfare at the time of Alexander, and his father, and how it was that his father's reforms and diplomatic work was what really enabled Alexander to crush as hard as he did. I don't remember if it was exclusively about ancient Greek warfare, Alexander, or if it was a longer book on war in general, but I think I must have it somewhere, can't find it in the obvious places right now.

Will try it now thanks

Gonna read that
Just as napoleon becoming emperor or hitler from painter to fuhrer
What makes some men like this and others bitter /r9k/

Robert "Nobel Prize Winner" Zimmerjew was 100% right, user. It may be the devil or it may be the Lord but you gotta get cucked by somebody...

This was the book:
>Alexander the Great: Lessons in Strategy, David Lonsdale

Good boy Alex started out with royal blood.

Vedic religion is pretty great who don't want a religion for the poor... and would make most western hippies curl up in a corner if they learned the terrible truth of ancient aryan virtue. Nietzsche liked the Laws of Manu. So even antireligious people can read on suffering, virtue and so on in the Mahabharata etc. Avoid teh abridged jewified versions. They omit the interesting parts.

Stoicism isn't going to help you for it's focusing on not giving a fuck about suffering.
I guess go for Nietzsche

Jung and the Individuation Process.

On this note, who are some historical figures that came up from nothing?

>This can't be. The universe isnt deterministic
If it isn't so, why have you done and do things you don't wish? How can you be unhappy otherwise? What is a desire to change but testament to the fact that we can't really act in our own interests, logically no-one would fail to act in their own interests, yet here you are. Honestly, if you can't apply even the slightest of scrutiny to your world view you deserve worse still than your coward's lot. Idiocy is the foremost sin.

Buddhism.

you can easily start with camus if you like, there's no required reading to The Myth of Sisyphus imo.

Tell me what you think.

This. Siddhartha is also a good read on this topic.

Btfo

That byzantine emperor who started out as a cabbage-farming bulgarian peasant

Interested in this too, anyone?

A man is necessary, a man is a piece of fatefulness, a man belongs to the whole, a man is in the whole; there is nothing that could judge, measure, compare, or sentence his being, for that would mean judging, measuring, comparing, or sentencing the whole. But there is nothing besides the whole. That nobody is held responsible any longer, that the mode of being may not be traced back to a primary cause, that the world does not form a unity either as a sensorium or as "spirit" — that alone is the great liberation. With that idea alone we absolve our becoming of any guilt. The concept of "God" was until now the greatest objection to existence. We deny God, we deny the responsibility that originates from God: and thereby we redeem the world.

wtp is an ideological forgery.