Gonna make carbonara today, anyone know how to incorporate the eggs without scrambling them?

Gonna make carbonara today, anyone know how to incorporate the eggs without scrambling them?

From what i can gather the eggs work as an emulsifier, but the issue stems from having to get the pan hot enough for the cheese to melt without having it be so hot that the eggs start curdling, but I'm not sure if i understood this correctly
Anyone know?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3AAdKl1UYZs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=K-PKO2FrdPY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sous vide

Have tried watching a video about how to avoid making scrambled eggs?

Not yet, but i found some arbitrary site who claimed that it happened around 65 degrees Celsius, but i haven't found any secondary source for that
Ex-Veeky Forums btw, sorry for stiff language

Have you seen Antonio Carluccio (RIP) make "the real" carbonara on youtube?
youtube.com/watch?v=3AAdKl1UYZs
It is simple - but very tasty.

They way I make it is to make the pasta and the fried guanciale, then put the pasta un the pan with the guanciale, stir it around with some pecorino and then put in a large bowl and pour the eggs mixed with cheese on top and mix for several minutes. The residual heat from the meat and pasta is usually enough to have nice flavour throughout

Don't let your eggs get too hot!

Best,
Michael-Allen

Pancetta/pecorini or go home

Reserve a small amount (about 1/4 a cup) of the boiling hot pasta water before you drain the pasta. Mix your cheese and eggs together.
Add the hot cooked pasta to the hot pan with the fried guanciale, and toss to evenly distribute. The next part goes quick. Have your tongs or spoons or forks or whatever right there, ready. Remove the pan from the heat and quickly add the cheese and eggs, and just a splash of the hot pasta water. Then toss like a maniac, but gently so you don't break your pasta.

After I mix the pasta and pancetta I take the pan off the heat and wait a couple minutes
It also helps if you vigorously stir the pasta as you add the sauce

cool the pan with some cream first

No.

F

Thats the only way to make the dish

It's still very easy to accidentally scramble the eggs with residual heat from the other ingredients, I would actually say it's easier to just use a completely cool, clean pan and very low heat, so low you can almost touch the pan. I also like to mix the shredded cheese and the egg immediately and let it soak together while I'm getting everything else ready, it seems to help. Increase the heat extremely slowly while you stir the egg and cheese, until it's just warm enough the cheese is melting into the egg and stir it constantly. If you do it perfectly you might see steam escaping, do not increase the heat any more if you see this. This method is time-consuming but if you're patient it's much less likely to lead to failure imo

Toss the pasta with the egg/cheese and meat in the serving dish, rather than in the pan. The residual heat in the pasta should be enough.

FUCKING MIKE IS BACK

Take pasta and meat off stove, wait, add eggs and cheese, mix well, add peas, add cream, wa la

Learn how to temper, cocksucker

Put the pasta in a bowl, while it's still hot, and mix in cheese first and then the eggs.

post butthole mike

>add cream
NO

OP here
Okay so i think i let the spaghetti cool down a bit too much before i added the eggs, but it ended up functional after i heated it on low temp for a like half a minute while mixing violently
The sauce ended up emulsifying but ended up a bit thin for my liking, taste was excellent, and no food poisoning

What is the gestation period of salmonella btw

Haha more like CROWbonara

here's my favorite recipe. Very simple, but a lot of it comes down to mastering the technique.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=K-PKO2FrdPY

honestly the best carbonara recipe you could ever make. So simple to make at home.
>I am a yelp elite member

It works best when your pan has just been removed from the heat. Pans cool down faster than people think, unless they're cast iron. Also, your pasta needs to be hot.
But, it sounds like you still did good, OP. The more you make the dish, the better you will get at it. I'm , btw.

based

Hubby and my son Jarell Damon Waynes Jr. loved it!

Lol cute birb

his sauce doesn't look very smooth, cheese probably didn't melt