ITT: authentic Australian cuisine

bloomin' onion

Well, actually, "bloomin' onion" is the inauthentic Americanized name invented by the Bloomin' Foods restaurant group, owners of the Outback Steakhouse franchise.

In Australia it's called an "onion cunt".

Triggered.

:^)

You can get authentic Australian food at pic related

the piss no one drinks locally so we send overseas and they all think it's great

This thread made me realize that I cannot think of a single dish Australia is famous for. Vegemite doesn't really count because that's just a disgusting spread. What do they even eat? Grilled kangaroo dick and emu meatballs?

I've never seen anyone drink fosters more than once. It's not cheap enough to replace bud light and doesn't taste good enough to be bought over anything else.

No one drinks it anywhere. I'm boggled by their business plan.

I imagine they're eating rabbits. There's 1300 of them per square mile

Sauce.

pie floater from south australia is unique

You must be retarded if you think that is brewed in Australia and shipped to north America

My polish friend drinks it. I think he just likes the giant wide can

shrimp on the barbie

Oh shit. Hell yeah I love to eat down under.

Plum would be nice.

>I cannot think of a single dish Australia is famous for

People travel from all over the world to eat a snag in Bunning's parking lot.

I'm guessing that you have to be pretty drunk.

Pie and Peas has been a thing in Northern England for more than a century my friend

yeah mushy peas on the side and not with ketchup nice try nigel

US did it better

/thread

The US does everything better

a little heavy on the relish and onions there

>a little heavy on the relish and onions there

that's what happens when the food photographer doesn't truly appreciate junk food and gets carried away with symmetry

Placing a pie in mushy peas is not distinct, also Mint Sauce is best sauce for peas

I am glad you have adopted meat pies as a cultural thing though, just Britain and Aus/NZ apparently

Fucking patrician pic

There's 10 billion rabbits I'm aus. Google it, then do the math

That's a hotdog you fuckwit

Well we invented meat pies, sausage rolls, beer. That's good enough i say

I'm quite certain all of those existed before the 1780s

Doubt it

when chili's had it theirs was like 2500 calories

that's more like it. we deserve our money's worth.

ive been seeing this pic on Veeky Forums for over a decade and just now realised its a fucking bald dude kissing a baby, not a photoshopped double ass.
wow.

I wonder if that's the appeal. I never clicked on it because I've seen enough assholes on Veeky Forums already.

more happy nigel

Oh shit I see it now

do they put fennel in this? Because that's what it tastes like to me

I hear the feathery locals really like to eat this

ONION BURSTS ARE MADE OUT OF PEOPLE!

F

what beer is actually popular in Australia?

and they're fucking delicious
cowaBOONGA

>slice of bread instead of a bun

hey that's pretty retarded

That looks fuckin great

Qld: XXXX Gold
Nsw: Tooheys new
Vic: Carlton Draught
I'm not sure about the other states. My fav has got to be fat yak.

>op pic related

Also I forgot VB and Coopers

>anglos in charge of food

This is the only thing I know about straya food
It looks disgusting

pretty much this. Anglos have ruined the standards for cuisine across the board. When I was watching Papillon the meals they had actually looked somewhat enviable but I think the food in the American prison system is more egregious than the rape.

I still thought it was an ass until I read your post. And even when I knew what it was I could still barely make it out instead of an ass.

Don't know why this made me laugh so hard.

carpetbag steak

emus-
Oh, wait.

>ketchup on hotdog

I dunno about that, I haven't seen Tooheys or Carlton all that much in either state. Victoria seems to be moving to Furphy and NSW just seems like a random lottery of generic beers now days.

Huffing gas.

Obama plz

>strayan food
Anzac Biscuits
Damper
Tim Tams
Cherry Ripe
Chiko roll

XXXX if you live in Queensland, VB if you're a dirty southerner, Coopers if you live in South Australia, I forget what they drink in West Australia. They're all pretty shit though. Toohey's Extra Dry, Cartlon Mids or Great Northern is where it's at.

Fat yak is a good one.

underrated post

>literally an adult's daily calorie intake

Maybe if you don't LIFT

Let's be honest, m8s
The only smart colonists are the ones that import a fuckton of cows and then enjoy the fruits of millions of cows grazing in millions of hectares of lands without a predator big enough to fuck with the cows, ecology be arsed

Nobody drinks VB you poof.

Do you like macadamia nuts? If not then you're gonna fucking learn to.

I might be wrong but I think chicken parmigiana actually started in Australia, it's not from Italy.

Maybe I'm just a fatass but when I think of authentic aussie food my brain goes to Tim Tams

We usually have a sesh and go down there with the munchies

Corona extra, s'noice

And then sign an arseload of free trade agreements, resulting in 70% of our beef being exported

i love these types of images. i wonder if there are any more.

Yeah, I like them too. Part of the charm is that they almost always happen by accident rather than being staged.

I have been on Veeky Forums for quite a few years now and strangely enough this is the first time I have seen this pic. I also thought it was a shot of the assholes of twins conjoined at the hip or something

Lots of lamb, as I recall. Is damper something you can buy at a bakery, or do you have to be a jolly swagman camped by a billabong?

It's also done to make it look like more food.

>people shit-talking fairy bread and bunnings snags
FUCK OFF

You've clearly never had prison food before.

Tried it once. Way too fucking salty. Spat it back out. Vile.

Best thing in Australia, coming through.

The apartments the company put me up in while contracting in roofuckerland had a Harry's a block away. It was dinner most nights.

is that a fork?

Yeah. it can be a bit messy to eat. So they give you a fork. That pic is just from their website. They make some amazing meat pies and sausage rolls as well.

this post make a me raff out roud

>welfare dogs

yea, get fucked cunt

l always thought it was a dude about to poop on a baby

a bloomin onion is shared, not consumed by an individual