How do I learn to cook?

How do I learn to cook?

any video guides I can watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R1awrN9NOEY
youtube.com/watch?v=mAPBm_0ftAY
imgur.com/a/RKQoA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The way I've learned is mostly through videos like Chef John's. Just make the recipe and in the video he gives like one or two reasons WHY he'll do things a certain way, then overtime you build a repertoire and familiarity with flavor and texture combinations and then start experimenting around with different recipes & methods.

chef john is has actually helped me a lot. I was already pretty good but he actually really knows his shit and I feel i'm better for watching his stuff. I'm planning on going to the store latter and seeing about making the buttermilk panna cotta

youtube.com/watch?v=R1awrN9NOEY
youtube.com/watch?v=mAPBm_0ftAY
you're welcome

Seconding Chef John and Food Wishes.
Also, if you're very inexperienced, try and look up videos about even very simple stuff. Life chopping an onion. I feel like a lot of people do that wrong because it never occurred to them to look for instructions on it.
French onion soup is a good dish for a newbie, incidentally; teaches you to use a knife because you have to cut all those onions, is extremely cheap, is delicious.

MOOOOOOOOOMIE

you gotta cook a lot

I watch Diner's, Drive-ins, and Dives a lot.

>it's another "beta male virgin posts a pic of some random base bitch to find other beta male virgins to fawn over her with on Veeky Forums" episode

What are you, 13? Try to keep it at college level, at least, junior.

>I will pretend that an attractive female is unattractive in order to LARP as a sexually successful straight male human
Please give me advice successfully reproducing human male. What attitudes ought I to hold so as to have a mating history as prolific as yours

kys

posting a pic of a random hot chick to bait folks into reading the thread topic is pretty common place Veeky Forums shit

As Nike says, Just Do It.

>81kb 500x500

too much make up why is she holding the pencil like that weird bald spot she must be blind as a bat with glasses like that- not attractive/0

Mother, may I please breast feed now?

OP you flaming homo, you should have posted moar of her. It's taken me 20 minutes to track this down.

imgur.com/a/RKQoA

Anyway, for the basics, pick up some simple cookbooks and start following them. I grew up on Peg Bracken's "The I Hate To Cook Book", which has really REALLY simple recipes for a beginner. They aren't going to win any contests but they're solid.

After that you kind of have to decide what you want to pursue.

Baking? "Beard on Bread" has one of the best beginner's recipes, and "Tassajara Bread Book" is another friendly intro.

French cuisine? Get some of the classics and try to follow along. Julia Child, Larousse Gastronomique, that Cordon Bleu cookbook. "Taste of the Mountains Cooking School Cookbook" by Steve Raichlen (from before he started shilling bbq crap) is excellent if you can find it at a used bookstore.

Cookbooks will give you a lot more info than a 20-minute video.

>136kb 1080x1080

Man, one of those books is actually titled "Foodie"

want milky

damn john, your the only one that even noticed there was books in that pic

if you truly adapt a loving to cooking, thats all you need.

i recommend looking up your favorite food to make so it keeps you motivated through the thick and thin of cooking errors to make perfection.

MILKIE TITIES :)