Anybody have stories regarding people who drank this as a meal all the time?

Anybody have stories regarding people who drank this as a meal all the time?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5010627/
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/9783527684403.ch13/summary
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2587438/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4270274/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20378106
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/search/?term=soy
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3644519/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I did that. Now I'm a soyboy. Learn from my mistake, friends.

/pol/-tard lemming #1938282929

It's absolutely delicious to see how many people get triggered by the phrase "soy boy".

I did it for a week about a year ago with the powder stuff

the only weird thing was the social stuff, I wasn't going out to dinner with people or having lunch
meals lasted around 5-10 minutes max with about 15 minutes of prep(mixing/dividing) in the morning

I didn't have any gastrointestinal effects and didn't feel weird or anything physical

I'll drink one or two of those bottles every few weeks instead of skipping breakfast now, but I wouldn't consider switching completely over any time soon

bro, that's how lil peep died

The fact that this degenerate piece of fucking garbage is dead makes me almost as erect as soyboy-posting and watching the assmad flood in.

I'm so fucking tired of hearing about him I'm starting to wish he hadn't died.

I drink 5 a day. Life is pretty good

I tried Soylent, but I honestly felt no different than I did just eating whatever the hell I wanted regardless of how shitty.

Currently on a pseudo-pescatarian diet. I eat meats when I don't really have a choice, but when I am able to cook for myself I maintain it.

follow up

I guess the implication is this makes you gay or more feminine?
I still have sex with women, so, either I haven't crossed the homosexual threshold or it doesn't exist

I think if something made you more attracted to men, or if something granted you greater feminine features/attitude; wouldn't it be great to give this to women?

humanity figured out lots of drugs pretty quickly, why would this latent effect only be noticed now?

To be fair, aphrodisiacs already exist.

>I still have sex with women
We both know that's not true.

>It's absolutely delicious to see how many people get triggered by the phrase "soy boy".
>literally one person replied to it
Makes me think

>drink soylent
>piss out your anus
>enjoy?

Two, now.

the soyboy meme has zero basis in reality
it's stupid broscience and it doesn't even really apply to soylent because the only soy in it is soy lecithin as an emulsifier, it's 95% oats, whey protein, and maltodextrin.

I never understood the hype for soylent premade shakes shit like pic related has been around forever

Why the bloody hell would anyone want to drink meal replacement shakes out of their own volition?
Those things are disgusting after a while.

this.
it's like drinking infant formula for adults

drank it for ~75% of my meals for about a month and a half, i get blood tested every 2 weeks

had no significant effect on anything, but anyone who would completely replace food with it is blatantly ignoring all labels and warnings and precautions

the only real negative effect was
the pre-made bottled ones are pretty good if you don't mind somewhat bitter cake batter

It was made up by people desperate to fix their erectile dysfunction, receding hairlines, difficulty maintaining a fit body, low energy, and other signs of aging or poor genetics. They picked something that was present in most of their foods, because they watched an episode of The Dr's where they said food affected your body and they identified soy as the contributing factor for their waning masculinity.

It really all just comes down to a desperate grab for their fading youth.

there are two types of people who don't exercise or move: the fatties who eat everything in sight (who wouldn't want a meal replacement), and the spooky skeletons who never get hungry, at whom meal replacements are targeted. I used to be in the latter category but then I stopped spending all day in bed or in my chair at work and guess what, my appetite appeared for the first time since I was 14.

>t. soyboi

Marketing. They made Soylent seem like a cool thing for young trendy people. On the other hand if they are even aware of them they think Boost and Ensure and such are for old people who can't eat real food any more.

isn't this shit banned in canada now for not meeting sufficient requirements to be called a "meal replacement"?

At least I still have a fully functional body, grandpa.

I had literally never heard of this guy until he died

only because it's 400cal, and 3 doesn't add up to a full days worth of meals
there was also some shit with some weird meal bars they were marketing

have you ever got up late and needed to get to work immediately?
without a prepared breakfast you are left with nothing until lunch

for me, having some prepared breakfasts that don't go bad and are nutritionally complete is a better option than a poptart or 'energy bar'

it very well could be that you don't live a life that requires this
I bet many people don't, but consider those that do

I lived a life that required this as medication.
Fuck you you dumb sod for saying that it's a "Last resort" and "you don't have time". You are simply shitty at managing your time.

>You are simply shitty at managing your time
I am not arguing this
these drinks are simply an easy answer to the question of "what the fuck do I shove in my mouth this morning" that doesn't critically sacrifice health like previous solutions have (frozen breakfast shit or poptarts)

do you have a different solution?

it's literally advertised as 20% of your daily nutrition. Is leafland so dumb that they don't know you're supposed to get 100% of your daily nutrition?

it's advertised as a meal replacement, and you are supposed to get 3 square meals a day

Figure it out. Just a tiny bit of soy supresses testosterone levels so significantly that it'll completely ruin a doctor's test for low testosterone.
Then imagine what's happening if you're ingesting it all the time, every day. You think it won't have an impact? You are what you eat.

Now /pol/ likes to think that this infiltration of soy into every part of our food is some conspiracy to weaken and control the general populace. The actual truth is far worse and more insidious. Businesses are looking to make profit- selling soy product is profitable, and they don't give a fuck about you. These businesses would dilute down the water they were selling with poison if it made them more money and there wasn't a law against it. If their actions create entire generations of low sperm count, low sex drive, effeminate men- they say, who cares? It's not their problem, they just sold something, YOU bought it, YOU consumed it.

I'd rather get a meal replacement bar. They have good amounts of protein and fiber so actually feel full for more than 5 Minutes.

>Just a tiny bit of soy supresses testosterone levels so significantly
humanity has cultivated soy beans for consumption for thousands of years
why is it now an issue?

having had both, they are pretty similar in feeling of fullness

I never feel full on meal replacement shakes but if you can that's good for you.

Look at what Asian men look like compared to whiteys or niggers.

>humanity has cultivated soy beans for consumption for thousands of years

we literally haven't. soy became dominate in the west only after WWII as animal feed, and only after the spread of packaged meals did they find a way to chemically extract protiens from it and process it into food

europe adopted the soybean for consumption before 1900

henry ford (nazi) promoted the soybean and developed several several commercial food options for it

>Paying for overpriced soy protein

You could literally buy 5kg of whey protein and a bunch of vitamins and minerals to last you about 3 months for 50 eurodollars

even if you were to prove that soy was introduced into europe before 1900, you're now dealing with the following issues

(a) Development of soybean consumption beginning in the 1900's constitutes a history of "thousands of years"
(b) introduction of soy to the west is the same thing as "dominate in the west"
(c) that Henry Ford developing commercial food options for it isn't in fact exactly in the timeline of post-WWII adoption
(d) Soy consumption still destroys testosterone levels

>(c) that Henry Ford developing commercial food options for it isn't in fact exactly in the timeline of post-WWII adoption
he started experiments with soy in 1920

>you thuoght there was some secret conspiracy
>the truth is actually far more crafty
>there's no conspiracy at all, it's actually just exactly what you expected
I mean, it probably /is/ just that companies don't care, but how is that "far more insidious"?

>"Soy gives me tits because some anonbros on Veeky Forums told me."

>"Climate change? Obviously Neil Degrasse Tyson and the other thousands of scientists are just plain wrong!"

The doctor is right. The onus on society isn't to convince a bunch of adults one thing or another. It's to reform the educational system so when kids enter it and pop out the other side as adults they don't become wonderful people like these.

Personally I think Ensure tastes way worse. You get sick of the flavor eventually, Boost too. The neutrality of soylent is a big winner for me

I'll start trusting science as soon as that fucker admits that Kubrick faked the round earth

Who are you trying to argue against? You can go back to lebbit if you need to beat up strawmen

>black science man

Fruits and a big lunch, honestly. Apples are probably the go-to option for that.

Fairly sure beer has far more phytoestrogen than most things that do with soy, and I have yet to see you lot go on a crusade against that. It's only if you were consuming purified soy at borderline industrial rates that it's gonna change you in the way you think it is, effectively a mini-HRT. For crying out loud, if we ate cow meat we'd probably get more estrogen than from consuming soy related products.

>we need to brainwash the children before they have the time to form independent opinions, soon we'll have them reporting their parents for hate crimes, it'll be great.
Get up against the wall authoritarian scum.

Toast with eggs on top. Toast with aufschnitt etc.

I'm not really upset by it but I think the whole concept is dumb. It is sort of like Harambe where it was mildly funny the first time and then not at all.

>Fairly sure beer has far more phytoestrogen than most things that do with soy

and while you're "fairly sure" of yourself, you're scientifically wrong. There are many foods with varying levels of phytoestrogens and other things that effect hormone levels, Soy stands magnitudes apart from all of them.

Last I checked, hops outpaced soy by a fair bit and there's not many hopsless beers.

There is less than 1 gram of hops per gallon of beer unless you're drinking some meme IPA

you didn't check very well last time you checked. 1 gram of hops has about 1/10th of the phytoestrogens that 1 gram of soybeans has.

Okay, fully transitioned male to female here.

Back when I was starting out and couldn't get estrogen from anywhere, I heard that soy was a good source of phytoestrogens. Research ensued to figure out how much soy I would need to equal a standard two milligram oral dose of estradiol. Turns out that firm tofu has the highest levels of phytoestrogens (soy protein isolate powder and lecithin has almost none) and that I would need to consume twelve kilogrammes of tofu per day.

I know people who eat that much no problem.

I just pick up some fresh baked goods at any random bakery on my way to work and eat while I walk.

Is it worth it to go around acting like a retard just to see how sorry people feel for you?

Daily reminder SERMs/phytoestrogens boost testosterone and you are willingly crippling yourself because of memes /pol/ and Reddit fed you like a spoilt pig.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5010627/

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/9783527684403.ch13/summary

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2587438/

t. Soyboy

/pol/ boogeyman or /agribusiness/ boogeyman. which one is real? You decide. But it's probably the one that makes money.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4270274/
>the intake of phytoestrogens was reported to impact fertility, sexual development and behavior. Feminizing effects in humans

hairless and jawless Asian manlet detected

It is dumb, how many people do you know who eat soy on a regular basis? I know literally 0, and out of the tons of people at my college I've only seen like two order tofu and they were girls. A meme should relate to reality somehow or else it's just autistic blathering.

i only know one guy and he later transitioned, see

I drink it all the time

>26lbs of tofu per day
>remotely possible
>implying anyone even eats or drinks enough of any soy product to even come close to a quarter that per day

>how many people do you know who eat soy on a regular basis
Soybean oil and soy lecithin, dude.
It's in goddamn near everything you eat unless you're a raw foodie or a paleo fag or something.

Neither of those have any form of impact on the human body. That's 0.0000001% the strength of an estrogen tablet.

and yet the values being compared is what it takes to "fully transition genders". Even a portion of that will have an impact.

Yes, but to fully transition and maintain that transition, you'd need to constantly consume 26lbs daily without fail. The average consumer of tofu tends to have maybe a pound or two at most. The impact from that is negligible unless you have some weird condition.

>Neither of those have any form of impact on the human body. That's 0.0000001% the strength of an estrogen tablet.

That's not true, again. That's 100% made up numbers.

I always thought ensure was for old people

NOT negligible, in fact the science specifically reports that the feminization effects may be subtle, but stastically apparent.

It is ideal for the elderly because of the usual shitty diet they maintain. My grandmother ate candy and diet coke unless someone kept an eye on what she ate. Ensure is a good supplement for that.

Otherwise, it is a decent meal replacement.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20378106

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/search/?term=soy
Get to reading.

Daily reminder you still have male chromosomes and will literally never be a biological woman ever in your life.

This fact is what makes the existence of "feminine males" much more disgusting

Threadly reminder that the soyboy meme is pushed by cock craving faggots who blame their urges on soy

t. soyboy

same to you, fag
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3644519/

I care not a whit. My life is much improved now.

By the way, I'll be taken to dinner at the Nobu in Berkeley tonight by a very tall, extremely handsome fellow I met at an engineering conference a month ago. The only reason I am still on here is that I am sitting in a salon chair waiting for my stylist.

>I care not a whit.
he declares, as he justifies himself to others

I usually just take the leftovers from the last day and toss them inbetween two slices of bread.

This desu. I wonder how the poor guy is going to react to being accosted by a freak of nature.

It's a known fact that posting in /pol/ makes you into a certified soy boy, and gives you mantits.

There's already been accosting, so to speak. He digs it.

I don't drink Soylent, but I've been drinking Huel, an alternative to Soylent, for the past month.

I love the convenience of it and feel great. I generally swap out my breakfast and lunch with Monday - Friday, swap breakfast with it on the weekends, and only use it for all meals on work days where I know I'll be very very time crunched.

Also, no soy in the ingredients :^)

The chai one is gross

you're still disgusting and still creep people out. I've never seen a passing tranny in my life.

Someone post that image where a streamer only drank soylent for a year and became a tranny.

I'm agnostic on whether the effect of phytoestrogens on humans is positive or negative. I think that before you start believing whatever papers support your side of the evidence, you should first realize that (1) most journals will accept total crap, (2) many papers are bullshit, and (3) the "explanations" that papers give are often more fantasy than fact. That goes for "both sides" of this argument.

That being said, meat is verifiably worse for you than plants and soy as far as levels of advanced glycation end products are concerned.

You are lying. I live in Berkeley and there is no Nobu here. The closest is in Palo Alto, over an hour away.

I know a faggot that only ate once a day. After school he'd buy fresh baked bread and boil ramen. He ended up being an ugly scarecrow tranny. I never saw him crossdress he just said to call him a girl's name from now on. Carbs are fucking evil.