Why help other people?

Why help other people?

Because I see myself in them

>tfw caring about other people will always be Narcissistic

Gotta love post-Catholic society

I'm nice to other people ironically

because if every ant went off on their own, anthills wouldn't be nearly as complex

People are consciously and unconsciously biased to like those who are kind and against those who are self-centered. So, helping others will benefit yourself, if that's your concern.

Because you will want help yourself at one point or another.

One hand washes the other.

because if they like you, they'll help you later.

Because I delight in doing so

They are supposed to return the favour later.

God's law, don't question why just do it

He who possess less is all the more less possessed.

I don't help other people so I dont know. Some people are just born suckers I guess.

ah, well, god pre-established some harmony here between:

1) social investment practice; gift exchange
2) egoistic magnanimity; pleasure seeking
3) shared identity construction; 'narcissistic' mirroring processes

also you're unfortunately a shitty specimen if your life is so deprived of excess that you can't engage in giving - you're already dying if it really seems best to hold onto everything you get

It feels good and it's rewarding in various ways.

why worry?

Why indeed.

Why not?

Because it's in your rational self-interest to do so.

Because the borders between yourself and other people aren't really there.

Whatever you do to other people changes yourself as much as it changes the person you do something to.

Assumes people act according to rational self-interest.
Which, on a macro scale, they do appear to. But on a micro scale, people just act according to what makes them feel,good themselves, and we are fortunate enough to be possessed of a Skinner brain that more often rewards cohabitational behavior. That people's self-interest is itself rational is merely an emergent property.

fucking hippie

I'm not, but ok.

Because it's virtuous to do so, and being virtuous is part of striving to be perfect human.
Also cooperation with other people is social work that I consider the meaning of life

I don't.

god I wish someone would shoot me in the head

It's not in a narcissistic way. It's in a "my heart beating is one continuous motion as the sun shining above". And in realizing it is you who pumps your blood, you see that you are too shining the sun.

Why not?

Because it's our sanātana-dharma

duty

Not the guy who you're talking to bur fucking hippie

Think of helping people as helping them advance to their inevitable destruction. There. Problem solved.

Why should you ever help someone that would not repay the favour? I feel like most social circumstances in life are transactions. Giving without receiving is destructive and allows those to thrive without actively contributing.

There's no reason not to. Why needlessly increase the already needless suffering of another for the sake of your own superficial and fleeting enjoyment or advantage?

There is no reason to expect anything in return. If they return the favor, then be gracious that the returner has tried to make life better; if they do not, then they deserve pity, not contempt.