Any recommendations of good portland oregon restaurants? (pic unrelated)

Any recommendations of good portland oregon restaurants? (pic unrelated)
abuse welcome

Other urls found in this thread:

yelp.com/biz/dicks-kitchen-portland-7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Try eating at Dick's. I have a feeling you'd love Dick's, they'll fill you up.

. When I went there nothing was super impressive. The food trucks have some nice variety at a good price

Bollywood theater for Indian food.
Tilt for burgers.
The Peoples Pig for BBQ

Dunno about the rest I don't eat out much anymore man. You have to wait so god damn long.

>The Peoples Pig
I dropped acid then went to the people's pig once. I threatened to stab my friend at the table. Now I'm banned

Le Pigeon.
Little Bird.
Gabriel Rucker is the best chef in pdx, prove me wrong cunts.
Also Tabor food cart for schnitzel sandwich

There really isn't a good restaurant there. I lived in Portland for a few years, and am now living near coos bay.
Portland has slowly been catering to big businesses instead of good restaurants. Buffalo Wild Wings comes to mind.
You're better off hitting up the food trucks and snack shops like Voodoo Donuts.

This.
Portland is a sellout now.
Was good about 10 years ago

Any food cart is probably a good idea, there was a really good pod on stark that got shut down

There's a ramen place that has yuzu citrus and that's apparently Japanese as fuck

A lot of big places are popping up across the river but there's still good stuff on the right side

+1 for Dick's in NW. I live a few blocks from there. It seems all my favorites spots have been going out of business in the last year

>voodoo donuts
>good

Pick one.

Same, there was a really good ramen place and a ramshackle-ass taco place on Cesar Chavez that got shut down in the last month

Easy
>blue star

Look, if you want to impress tourists with a giant cock donut, take them to voodoo. If you want to enjoy a well made donut, go to blue star.

I really wish there was a good, cheap ramen place in NW, but I can only imagine a ramen shop, even a small shitty one, selling bowls of ramen for $12 or more. Gentrification is a bitch.

>Voodoo Donuts.
This is wrong, do not bother with this. They're tolerable enough and I'm glad they didn't raise prices ridiculously considering their fame but the donuts are nowhere near special and in no way worth the line. They are normal donuts with a bunch of stale cereal on top.

The food carts are a good idea. There is also a very good Lebanese restaurant somewhere downtown but I can't for the life of me remember its name.

It's in SW but if Aiko is anything like Hapa then it'll be a great bowl for under $10

Gentrification ruins local food and it's everywhere nowadays. PDX isn't nearly as bad as a lot of other places but it's still so fucked

My nigga

>Getting kicked out of NoPo without delicious smoked fried chicken

Really just go to Galleria or Cartlandia.

This guy knows what's up.
Get the creme brulee donut at blue star, the diabetes afterwards is worth it.

not a restaurant but the maple latte at good coffee is goat-tier

SIZZLE PIE
FIGHT ME YOU CUNTS

If you like dim sung, you gotta go to Wong's King, I mean you have no choice really, it's so fucking bomb. The food is great, the service is fun, and the prices are super low. Go to Wong's King you stupid fuckers

this. Some good cheap food truck food and there are whole places filled with food trucks.

Dicks is good.

yelp.com/biz/dicks-kitchen-portland-7
Is this what you're talking about? I had assumed that I was simply being told to eat a dick

the food trucks are a meme. Dont go there unless you want to be harassed by a street negro for money

Any recommended food trucks in particular? There are tons
And don't say potato champion, over the years their prices have raised and the portions have shrunk. Hey potato champion, suck my fucking dick! A medium poutine used to be $5 just a few years ago

charlies is probably the best sandwich zone in Portland
don't go to voodoo or blue star, go to pips
best Indian food here is bollywood
I've never had genuinely good Mexican here tho

lardos is pretty good for pork sandwiches
blue star has great donuts

>can’t handle bums asking you for handouts
I would recommend avoiding Portland altogether

lol too true

look at the popular list on amazon restaurants delivery, I just did it for the first time tonight and I don't think I'm ever cooking again

>sushi and thai

I got pho from the vietnamese place and it's pretty much the best pho I've ever eaten in my adult life

For me it's cocaine.
Portlandd best food

check happycow :-)

Fire on the mountain (pricey)
Cloud city ice cream (better and cheaper than salt and straw)
An xuyen (very cheap and small banh mi place and bakery, my favorite place in Portland)
Toji's for all you can eat Korean bbq in a 1.5 hr time limit
Blue star for donuts
Yoko's is my favorite sushi place but they don't have sea urchin
The Mexican food cart across the street from loprinzi's gym and super torta are the only decent Mexican places
Abyssinian kitchen for ethiopian
Le pigeon because well yeah
Pho hung for pho

But an xuyen is the only place I would make a point of taking (visiting) people to when I lived there.

Portland being a "foodie" city is a meme. Anywhere with an actual sizable amount of immigrants will have better food, only flyovers are impressed.

there's a tremendous cidery east of the river a little bit if you like cider. it's called Reverend Nat's Hard Cider it's just like in a garage but god is it good.

>An xuyen
Dude nice pick, love that shop. They always upsell me but I'm not complaining

Yes, we are talking about dining at Dick's.

>Voodoo Donuts.
Are you fucking kidding me?
For one, Voodoo sold out years ago, their products suck. I've never been to a place that seemingly has stale donuts that are fresh out of the oven. That takes skill to fuck it up that bad and make me wish I just went to fucking Safeway for donuts.
And two, go to Blue Star.
Portland has shit tons of good food, but if you're relying on the Willamette Weekly to tell you where to go, you're going to have a bad time.

>All this talk of Dick's, but not the true Dick's in Spokane Washington
You literally can order a bag of Dick's there (2 tubs of fries and 4 burgers)

Really just go anywhere where the name is formatted "_____ & _____" and you can't go wrong. That's where real food is sold.

Tasty & Jew

Why are the majority of popular Portland restaurants Jewish owned?
Le Pigeon, Kachka, Tusk, Ava Genes, Little Bird, + many more are owned or partially owned by Jews.
Also worst meal I've ever had in my life was at Kachka, I git drunk and called the manager a kike before leaving.

Also forgot Tasty and sons, and tasty and alder are also Jewish.

Also most bars and tap rooms are owned by Jews in pdx.

Get a steak at a strip club faggot. It's the only shit left in portland that's not gentrified

This

Acropolis has best strip club steaks

>They always upsell me but I'm not complaining

Haha, that's how I've come to try most of the things they offer.

>salt and straw
was gonna try it out, saw the queue, and decided it wasn't worth it

>blue star
it dont really like donuts but these were actually decent

>toji
good shit

Eat a bag of Dick's!

Yeah salt and straw is never worth the queue. If you really want to try it you can skip the line and buy $10 pints by the register.

Glad you liked Toji's.

Pho Hung, get the #26.
Ichidai for traditional no frills japanese, i make frequent trips to japan and it's the most authentic I've had in the states
Jasmine Pearl Tea Company for loose leaf tea
Red Robe Tea in chinatown to drink a pot as a break while walking around
Bahm Mi at best baguette with a side of Bo Kho is great cheap
Nong's is pretty good but pricey for what it is
Podna's pit in north portland is great BBQ
Nora Neko or Kayo's for a great bowl of ramen, get the tori kara age at nora neko.
Bombay chaat house is a fucking -amazing- indian cart, shittons of good food for cheap.
Swagat in alphabet district has an awesome indian buffet
And of course, bollywood theatre if you want indian for dinner.

If youre looking to spend, departure downtown is very, very nice. Its true portlands food isnt world traveling from across the coubtry for, but it definitely has food to compare with bigger cities in the US. I think it hits above its weight.

t. eats out too much

low key amazing thread, thx guys
PS don't forget to snag a chocolate hazelnut milkshake at burgerville in a few weeks :)

>ichidai
only like 2 miles away from me, gonna take the gf there once I can eat solid food again.

I agree, I can not wait to leave.

There are a couple of bars that you can go to that have Salt and Straw ice cream. NWIPA is one at least if you want to try it you can get drunk and eat ice cream and avoid the line.

I despise the Willamette Weekly.

Give me a moment because I know of some great ramen and food carts yet my cat is sleeping on my arms so I am unable to fully look up their names and locations.