Is the Three-Body Problem worth reading? Obama said "The scope of it was immense. So that was fun to read...

Is the Three-Body Problem worth reading? Obama said "The scope of it was immense. So that was fun to read, partly because my day-to-day problems with Congress seem fairly petty"

>Have 2500+ years of Chinese literature to read including 20th century modernists
>Opt to read sci-fi
Sad desu. The scope of 三国演义 is immense and is based on an actual historical conflict that lasted nearly a hundred years

it's excellent. book 2 is the best one.
you havent read either fuck off

Recommend me something 'better' then.

Thanks!

>obama said
gtfo what kind of low level shilling is this

猪在人体. 你的小漢語只能读一个. 但这是夏天所以这狗屎应该在 >>>/sffg/. 一点不能比莫言或者鲁迅. 给我一个二十世纪或二十一世纪作家比他们好.
>inb4 槐聚

There's no way Obama reads chink sci fi.

Being a world leader means he needs to be fluent in multiple languages

nice try, but we fashy patrician goys know Obama is a subhuman negro and thus incapable of reading

obama had pretty patrician taste actually,

Obama is a simulacrum, his literary tastes, like everything about him, are the product of focus groups tasked with finding the ultimate way to pander to middlebrow liberals.

>focus groups
you can say "his handlers" here

since Reagan was incapacitated due to senility, the deep state realised having an actual human being play the role of president is just too much trouble. POTUS is an hologram run from the pentagon.

Even Trump

It's shit even by science fiction standards. The language is oversimplified and dry (it amounts to the author writing lines like "He was tired."). It's absolutely lifeless and without imagery.

Furthermore, most of the characters are impossible to care about and are simply used as vessels that react, woodenly, to the on-rails plot development. For example, the protagonist's wife and child are established early in the book and then never appear again. They simply exist for a brief gag.

The science involved is Wikipedia-tier: two-page long infodumps and jargon namedrops describing processes mostly irrelevant to the plot just to appear heady. There's a lot of expository dialog as well, often explaining who people are or what things are through unnatural character interaction. Sometimes this is done as a side conversation without other characters noticing, as if it's a stageplay.

It's a tedious slog. Would not recommend for any reason.

what about drumpf

/ourguy/ tricky dick nick land likes it

oh yeah he's just pandering for votes for his third term

Obama is the mascot of the neoliberal world order. He's definitely trying to become a 'philanthropist'/davos regular like the clintons with their foundation

神经病

I mean what what currying favor among citizens even do now? there's the ego thing I guess, but he came and went and everyone who possibly has an opinion on him has already made up their mind. also fucking maybe he has some free time now that he's not the president.

amazing. you can't even understand simple sci fi.

I agree with this. Also the science at the end was questionable and just turned into some retarded deus ex machina for obvious problems with the plot.

If you want something that is mysteriously interesting and you can finish in a few days then it's probably for you. If you want anything more out of it then read Gene Wolfe.

is that an upside down pedo symbol? the fuck is that shit?

the twinks thought

have you considered reading the other two books you retard

Do you honestly expect a man who leaves his post to his daughter to know more then 1 language.

Trump isn't a world leader. He's just some guy the rest of the world is tolerating until the next Election