Wrote hit pieces about mother Theresa and JFK to obtain fame

>Wrote hit pieces about mother Theresa and JFK to obtain fame
>Wrote an average biography of Thomas Jefferson
>Made a series of low rate, shoddy documentaries
>Supported the Iraq war
>Attended a bunch of embarrassing, low level theological debates with such questions as "why do people attribute miracles to God" and "does God exist"
>Be praised as the greatest intellect of our time

Eh, what?

Other urls found in this thread:

exiledonline.com/big-brothers-george-orwell-and-christopher-hitchens-exposed/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He's not praised as the greatest intellect [sic] of our time, and his biography of Jefferson was quite good.

Yeah it's pretty embarrassing.

Pseuds get a +10 charisma boost in America if they have an English accent. If you can string together a sentence with multiple clauses and sound like the govnah while doing so like 60% of Americans will be convinced that you are profoundly intelligent which is enough to launch a career as a hack personality.

see. John Oliver and Trevor Noah on the libshit side and Paul Joseph Watson, Milo, Sargon of Mossad and Stefan Molyneux(yeah i know he's canadian or something, but the overall effect is the same) on the right

Go watch the interview Anderson Cooper did with him when he was dying of cancer and note the hushed tone of reverence like we were losing one of our greatest minds.

It might be because he's dead but...none of those people are held in the esteem Hitchens is, and I'm guessing was before his passing.

Maybe he was sympathetic to him dying of cancer.

Like all political commentators, whatever remains of Hitchens' esteem is swiftly evaporating with the changing political climate. What is left? He abandoned the marxists a long time ago. He never had the foresight to move far enough right to be picked up by the then blossoming alt-right. He was a necessary voice during the Bush years just because the media is so inherently biased but like a hack he played his role so perfectly that his "contributions" are all ephemeral. He's just a relic of 00s neoconservatism. He'll always have an entrenched fedora base but those people played themselves out and are less relevant than ever.

The only thing left for his fans to try and sell us on as lastingly memorable is his "prose" which is of course ridiculous.

It was a little more than that my friend. You're a moron if you watch anything produced and think "oh it's just some people interacting, just like me!"
It was obviously billed as a parting glimpse into a "great mind" and that was the intent of Cooper's tone.

It's obvious all of those brain dead youtube 'skeptics' are aping Hitchens, though. New Atheism is a fucking joke, but it's also one of the most influential 'intellectual' movements of the 21st century. The mainstream liberal 'i love science mentality', the 'alt right', the eternal redditor, many 'SJWs' all trace their origins to the new atheist movement in some way or another. We might have to go back and interrogate Hitchens, Dawkins and cia. for answers about the world we ended up living in.

Hitchens is an eternal pseud precisely because he confined himself to nonfiction. His two idols, Orwell and Camus, both wrote fiction in addition to writing essays, news articles, and philosophy. Sure, it's not the BEST fiction, but at the very least both of them were willing to try to flex their creative muscles and tell an original story that also to a degree was informed by their personal philosophies and perspectives. They both realized that the creative faculty is arguably the highest and best element in the human mind, and they both strove to indulge it. Meanwhile, Hitchens wrote no fiction whatsoever. One wonders if he was even an original thinker. All his opinions and opinion pieces were very trite, after all.

Also, fuck him for trying to rip off Camus' aesthetic in this picture. There's nothing more embarrassing than a grown ass man cosplaying.

He didn't confine himself to nonfiction. I can't remember the exact interview but he says he writes fiction but realized that he didn't have a talent for it. Your little tirade about the "creative faculty" is pure ideology btw.

>[sic]

real john dolan hours
exiledonline.com/big-brothers-george-orwell-and-christopher-hitchens-exposed/

Speaking of indulge, you're post is indulgent drivel designed to make you feel intelligent.

>intellectual
>voluntary develop cancer that make him suffer an horrible kill
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

t. non-creative person

His prose is really airy and weirdly sarcastic. Even when he was describing his mother it felt like he was wearing a sneer -- 100% smug.

>one of our greatest minds.
Lol, no...

>>Be praised as the greatest intellect of our time
nobody does this

>implying Anderson Cooper has human feelings

>implying Anderson Cooper is not an android

a gay robot?

agreed but id say molyneux is the least cancerous of them tho ,but goddamn i hate paul josehp watson

Molyneux is totally fucking insane. He's an ancap cult leader who claims to have 'solved' ethical philosophy, referring to himself as the greatest philosopher since Socrates. Yeah, he found a profitable niche in the alt right, but there are lots of stories of people who were told to sever contact with their insufficiently ancap families by the Molyneux cult. Just because he throws around terms like 'r/k selection' without the least regard for consistency doesn't mean he is in any way smart.

Yeah i heard about his cult mentality and thats fucked up ,but if you ignore all his autismo you can still find in many videos a well laid out case supported by data ,i dont see many other videos were people combine data with philosophy. So i mean in a sea of shit , the least stinking dump is still better than the rest

have you ever thought that this area might not be one that lends itself to data analysis, and therefore the worlds smartest people in their field might actually know what theyre doing, and perhaps this utter fucking youtube retard isn't the worlds smartest man?

I don't follow Molyneux closely because he avoids the jewish question but he's pretty solid on other issues and the defooing stuff is a long passed fuck up, so if you're just getting out of your leftist teenage brainwashing phase he's not a bad place to start.

i hate this style of journalism stop posting the exiled before I fucking send you off to a permanent lice chamber

>Third class degree from Oxford
>Neoconservative
>Killed himself from retarded lifestyle habits leaving a wife and fatherless children
>Known for "Hitchen's razor" which is actually a Latin proverb

He's valuable as a rhetorician. Very few contemporary English speakers are capable of speaking as eloquently as he was.

>Hitchens is an eternal pseud precisely because he confined himself to nonfiction.
Is this bait or am I actually reading this

>eloquent speaker

I guess.
He's about as eloquent as a comedian. Everything you see of him on youtube is just him doing his rehearsed bits.

>paraphrasing
>using [sic]
Pick one

>mfw this entire thread

Why haven't you godless heathens accepted the superiour brother?

>implying that it isn't honorable to bring down the false idol

CIDF (Cuckholist Internet Defense Force), please go! (And what's that Bright light? A girl flashed her cunny?)

He's just way too British.
Painfully British.
I can't even look at his picture without instantly jumping up and larping a ridiculous pantomime, which generally involves snarling and sticking my nose out and hunching my back and making strange chewing motions while shouting "FUH-FAW...FAW!...FAWFUHFAWFUHFAWFAW...FAW!"

What was he reacting to here?