So Veeky Forums, was DFW being sincere when he committed suicide?

exiledonline.com/david-foster-wallace-portrait-of-an-infinitely-limited-mind/

Out of all the misinfo I see spread like a virus on Veeky Forums, nothing irks me more than the idea that DFW offed himself for any reason other than trying to switch his meds. He would still be alive today otherwise. Read his bio for Christ's sake.

>le life's just a chemical reaction, bro!
maybe you should "switch your meds" if u know what I'm saying

You're thinking of Sylvia Plath

damn...

Can we talk about how poetic her suicide was?
>Jewish
>Female
>Oven
What a way to go!

>The first chapter of Infinite Jest is just a rip-off of The Metamorphosis
>Even worse, he doesn't even get the story right!

Sincerely depressed yes

>no discernible flaws
>artfag
>Kekulean
I guess any sufficiently long text will contain memes and chanspeak just through statistics.

>taking existential advice from someone who destroyed themselves
I will never understand this.

it was the only sincere act of his life.

>hey found Plath dead of carbon monoxide poisoning with her head in the oven
She managed to die in an oven and get gassed simultaneously. The full Auschwitz experience.

suicide is the ultimate avoidance of sincerity. there is no bravery or romance or righteousness to killing yourself.
frankly, no one has a right to suicide, as they don't own themselves.

top spook

>he thinks he owns himself
anything to contribute?

not him but do you worship tlaloc or something?

>law of excluded middle

nope. you just don't own yourself. trillions of cells in the body, all striving to avoid oblivion and some sparks in the attic among the cobwebs think they own the place. foolish foolish.

your axiom-based reasoning is equal in soundness to his.

Autism

tlaloc's?

i dunno man, i think that the members of a system have a share in the system in which they work. it's inevitable. if you think there is some unity or ownership inherent in consciousness in relation with the rest of your body, i would have to wonder if you're really in touch with your colon, say. why else would communism and alternatively monarchy for the narcissists be so compelling? organic systems are organic systems after all.