I was gifted this for my b-day but I don't know what to do with it

I was gifted this for my b-day but I don't know what to do with it.

Any suggestions? Plus, where can I stick it?

Other urls found in this thread:

thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-beans-in-an-electric-pressure-cooker-234851
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Perfect potatoes in 20 minutes

You cook food in it. If i gace you suggestions you would ignore them because different people like different things. Why are you asking other people what foods you want to eat?
Good gift though. I want one

>any suggestions
read the owners manual/recipe book that came with it and learn to use it.

>where can I stick it?
oh, boy, let me tell you where you can stick it! >:D hee hee hee....

You can stick it in a cupboard.

stock. and then pot roast. and then chili. and then rice cooker pancakes

Have one, really convenient but I got over using it quickly as it's pretty big. Quick cook time, flavor is prime, but don't like how watery stews/roasts are.

Turns out it's a really good rice cooker more so than anything else. Can't actually do any pressure jarring which is a bummer. Definitely cuts down on cook time but at the price of viscosity like says.

Well, if the name of the thing is anything, you can make some instant weed with it.

>dont know what to do with it
>literal dish idea buttons on the side

you know those things attached to your arms? you know... "hands"? probably don't know what to do with those either. am I hitting home? because aside from pressing those VERY SPECIFIC buttons to make food, there's also this thing you can do with your hands--it's called Googling.

That thing that was Amazon's best seller for black friday. What a coinkidink.

>tfw hit the beans button when I was making rice.
I almost died.

>I almost died.

I accidentally hit the claymore button when I was trying to cook yellow cake.

Don't you tell me about almost dying.

It's for cooking things in a fraction of your regular time. I woke up with 2 hours till work and I'm making stupidly tender beef tips with potatoes and onions with a comfortable amount of time left to get ready

Makes good rice. I do equal parts water and jasmine rice on high pressure for 3 min and then 10 min on slow release (just hit cancel and don't quick release the steam).

>equal parts water and rice

Kill yourself.

exchange it for a real pressure cooking pot

>TFW too late to get it on black friday or other good electric pressure cookers on heavy discount.

I feel like legit trash.

this.

I personally like putting in a whole chicken (or parts) and doing it on 'poultry' setting for 6p + 2 minutes, where p is the pounds of chicken being cooked. I usually do it with a bunch of potatoes as well. Pretty easy meal you can have multiple nights, might go better if you added some kind of sauce on top though.

Also, even if it's popular with the paleo meme people, their recipes are worth looking at.

It's the best seller every year. Got mine last year for $80 CAD and I make tubs of home-made yogurt in mine, it's fantastic.

there's a little crossover between a pressure cooker and a pressure canner, but imo you're much better off using each device for what it's designed for.
my pressure canner is a fucking All-American 25-quart, it's fucking huge and it heats the whole fucking house up when you get it up to temperature, and then you have to baby it and check on it so it doesn't explode or something. I'd never think of using it for just.. chili or meat or something, I can fill my IP up and just walk away.

how do you make yogurt in this thing?

Chicken turns out fantastic in it. If you don't mind the skin not being crispy, it's awesome, cooks an entire chicken in like half an hour. I put a stewing hen in it as well and even that came out great. My go-to recipe is some jasmine rice, carrots, mushrooms, and onions, then some boneless skinless chicken thighs on top. Cook for 12 minutes.

Google it for specific instructions, but you just add milk, heat it, add a couple spoonfuls of yogurt as a starter and 8 hours later you have a huge pot of delicious fresh yogurt. You can strain it using a colander and some coffee filters if you want thicker yogurt.

it's great for cooking beans from dry which can save you money
thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-beans-in-an-electric-pressure-cooker-234851

also you probably could have gotten a regular electric pressure cooker or a stovetop pressure cooker just the same instant pot just has some pre-programmed bs for specific kinds of food

It's a slow cooker that you can also use as a rice cooker. Stews, pie filling, hotpots, chilli, slow cooked meat joints, etc.

Can't you take the lid off and let it cook the stew and such to thicken it up?

I'm not the person you're replying to, but you can easily avoid the "watery stew" issue by simply adding less liquid to start with.

Look up a recipe for Boiled Peanuts and thank me later OP. Other than that it's really good for Potatoes and Pork, but everything else comes out just a bit too watery for my taste, so I use my sous vide on most other cuts (Except chicken, Sous Vide chicken was a mistake.)

Can the ones without the specific yogurt button still make it? I haven’t found any info on that

>Can the ones without the specific yogurt button still make it?

As long as you can manually input a temperature then yes. There's nothing special about a "yogurt" setting, it's just a "warm" temperature that you could enter manually.

buy it on amazon today it is discount.

stick it on a shelf. I use this thing a couple of times a week.
(add maybe 15 minutes to these times for the total time from you turning the pot on until taking the lid off to account for the time coming up to pressure and waiting a few minutes to release the steam)
>steam whole potatoes in 10-12 min on high pressure
>make yogurt and cream cheese
>cut a winter squash in half and cook it in 7 min high pressure
>cook unsoaked dry beans in 15-20 minutes
>make broth/stock in an hour from bones and/or meat, veg
>cook rice in 5-7min
>cook whole chicken from frozen in 25 mins
>use it to brown ingredients for whatever if you don't want to use a burner
>can set stuff on a timer or leave to do other shit and not worry about it burning or exploding or catching your house on fire

just reduce the amount of water because none evaporates out.

But $1.50 packs of dried lentils or beans or peas. You can make easy soups with a pressure/slow cooker. I do it all the time, friendo.

They’re like 40% off on amazon rn