Finally copped a copy of The Gulag Archipelago V1

All the Jordan Peterson memes got me hyped to read it. What am I in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/1974/02/06/archives/solzhenitsyns-exwife-says-gulag-is-folklore.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>copped
when did this meme start

years ago on Veeky Forums

remember that a lot of the book cannot be verified by other people and it based on his word of what others said.

it's fucking hip-hop slang that's been around forever, what's next you will wonder where calling something "cool" started?

well they need to go back

i forgot culturally appropriating ebonics is the hip thing to do now

Folklore

Real history mixed in with hearsay. Spectacularly written.

A great fucking book

Are you a fucking retard?

nytimes.com/1974/02/06/archives/solzhenitsyns-exwife-says-gulag-is-folklore.html

>remember that a lot of the book cannot be verified by other people and it based on his word of what others said.

It is pretty much corroborated by the amount of soviets that have experienced similar stuff in the gulags.

It's basically like saying this particular jews version of the holocaust cannot be fully proved therefore the holocaust must not have happened.

Of course this criticism was expected to come from the Marxists backed up by Soviet itself.

Just look at how people still try to disprove the holocaust even though the nazigermany fell in 1945.

it doesn't matter. so was the protocols.

Anne Applebaum says it's mostly accurate

it's kind of a pointless read since he can't really prove anything
so if you are anti-lefty you will just have your already existing opinion affirmed and can circle jerk about it with other right wingers
and if you are leftypol you will disagree with his argument

Oh my god, you mean the ex-wife whom he refused to have kids with, had several affairs with, and who lived and died in Soviet russia might have a bone to pick with him?

Honestly though, it is very likely that she was part of a KGB scheme to discredit the book. Just google it and you'll find plenty of sources.

>His KGB influenced EX wife is ass blasted about his book.

WOAH that really made me ponder.

Imagine having this much skepticism towards the US and the CIA.

Here is where you are wrong though. This book is not a fucking political argument you moron. It's a description of an actual crime against of humanity. There are plenty of books detailing the gulag expierence. Alexander Solzhenitsyn's is not even close to being a primary source.

The subtitle of the book is "An Experiment in Literary Investigation." It's worth reading just for Solzhenitsyn's voice and insight, regardless of its historicity. It's primarily literature, not history.

with whom, not whom with

Didacticist trash or glorified journalism, but not literature.

>It's basically like saying this particular jews version of the holocaust cannot be fully proved therefore the holocaust must not have happened.
Gulag archipelago btfo

Or maybe it's like saying human soap and lampshades weren't real.

Fascist propaganda

You're in for the literary equivalent of being hit in the head with a sack of bricks. I don't understand how anyone could say this is a "favorite" book of theirs. It's so incredibly depressing and bleak that it should be impossible to enjoy reading it. It may be a worthwhile experience, in a way, but you are not in for a fun time.

This. I have to stop every few paragraphs because it's too surreal for me and he does a good job at making me feel anger too. I'm not very far in the book.

I wasn't talking about the word. I meant when is stealing considered acceptable behaviour?

>Peepee
>Jordan Peterson
Don't be a retarded reactionary.

Fascist propaganda against fascists?
Irrelevant

I do

night by elie wiesel but very long and not about yids so frogniggers can pretend to have read it