When I buy prechopped red onions they smell like chemicals yet the only listed ingredient is “red onion”...

When I buy prechopped red onions they smell like chemicals yet the only listed ingredient is “red onion”. Can anyone explain?

Other urls found in this thread:

auntmids.com/retail-products/diced-products/
instacart.com/smart-final/products/230050-gills-onions-red-onions-fresh-diced-7-oz
cbsnews.com/news/whole-foods-responds-to-6-pre-peeled-orange-twitterstorm/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why would you buy prechopped onions? Also, it's onions reacting with plastic.

>onions reacting with plastic

is this a meme?

sauce?

>chemicals

I can't fathom why anyone would buy pre-chopped onions.

The only pre-chopped thing I buy is celery because celery takes up too much room in the fridge and it's handy to just grab for a snack.

Everything sold like that is a scam by the grocery store to try to sell fruits, meat, vegetables etc. that are about to go bad.

They can introduce preservatives once they chop it up or turn it into something else

Why wouldn’t you buy prechopped onion? You too Jewish to spend an extra buck?

Why the hell would anyone do this
you get a million onions for $4.

Bullshit. The FDA would require them to include the preservative on the ingredient list. A large chain like meijer isn’t going to risk a lawsuit by not including every ingredient

>prechopped red onions

>$2.69 for 200 grams of onions
Fuck, and I feel robbed when I buy onions at 1.30 euro per kilogram.

Also, highly doubt they chop them by hand. What you're probably tasting is the shit that's on the machines like cleaning agents and disinfectants and whatnot.

Sulfur and allicin. Never buy pre chopped onions. That's just silly.

the fucking nerve of this guy

No because I know how to handle a knife and because I don't like my onions reacting with the plastic.

>is this a meme

This should be a bannable offense. Do you speak that way offline when something that is presented to you leaves you incredulous?

little orphan funkhouser

>being this much of a pretentious autist

What the fuck? Just dice an onion, it takes like 15 seconds.

Well maybe not when it's just a straight up chopped product but when it's turned into a salsa or soup or a marinated meat they sure as fuck do

Nah, man. Trust me. They would include it. This isn’t Mexico or Chile

now this is a meme

TAKE THE FIFTY

The fines are incredibly huge for shit like that.
No way the would risk not including preservative on the list for fuxking chopped onions, stop being retarded

This

You don't think there are waxes, chemicals, traces of insecticides etc on the surface of apples, jalapenos & tomatoes? Have you ever seen a list of "ingredients" on fresh produce?

They classify it as "techniques" so they can get around having to list out the substances used. Same thing they do with meat glue. There is no risk because what they are doing is safe by industry standards

>claiming to be able to hold a knife is pretentious
>food and cooking

food contains a ton of different stuff, not hard to imagine that when you cut it open and expose all of it to the plastic some might react with it

There is a big difference between “wax” and preservatives

Back to reddjt, numale

Cooking is for women

Yeah, Right. Because nothing but 100% natural wax has ever been used in those coatings

You don't like fresh food???????? Or are you going to cry??? Just chop a gd onion

onions react with pretty much everything including air, old prechopped onion is always going to taste like a mouthful of dirty metal

I think they come from here, you could call and ask them tomorrow.

auntmids.com/retail-products/diced-products/

But looking at other manufacturers they all list just onions

instacart.com/smart-final/products/230050-gills-onions-red-onions-fresh-diced-7-oz

but what is this? I ordered your finest bait and you hand me this years old garbage

have a (You), you seem to need them

Oy vey! What's in the pre-made grocery food??

Love it when my suspicions are confirmed and shills are btfo by easy to look up facts

Holy shit, shut it down, the goyim got wise.

except you're still wrong
op's onions fall under f5

reading comprehension aint your thing right?
this means if you sell a sandwich, you dont have to list every vegetable inside, it doesnt mean you can do shit with your sold vegetables. onions dont need anything to taste like shit, theyll do so by themselfes when exposed to air over extended periods, especially red ones

They are treated with something so they dont welt.

as far as buying prechopped shit. i sometimes do this cause dont want to spend half my cooking time prepping veggies.

>prechopped
I'm kind of impressed this actually exists

Yeah because the FDA isn't in bed with a massive cartel of corporations that are in bed with gov. Via corporatism.

Your a living meme.

>Complains about them smelling like chemicals
>Lol but if u don't spend more you're a Joo
Kys /pol/ DRUMF supporter

>take a break from Veeky Forums
>onions
i guess this is the appropriate board for them at least..

>fuxking

How fucking goddamn lazy do you have to be to buy peeled orange? Holy shit people are stupid.

They're probably mostly bought by people with handicaps. Severe arthritis etc.

>how fucking lazy
You only need to be an ameriturd

Most probably not, because old people with arthritis would rather spend an hour peeling the things with just their feet and teeth than shelling out an extra 5 cent for pre-peeled oranges. I bet they are bought by fucking useless millennials who seriosly think that the extra money is worth the "saved time" or who "don't want their fingers smelling like orange peel"

Pro tip: never buy pre-chopped ANYTHING.
Thank me later.

cbsnews.com/news/whole-foods-responds-to-6-pre-peeled-orange-twitterstorm/
>Whole Foods publicly apologized for selling pre-peeled oranges
Instead of simply not buying them, people chose to take offense to a company selling peeled oranges and demanded they be removed from store shelves.

this thread is fuckin b8

Not knowing sulfur compounds from the onion are feleased and smelled

Not knowing about Peter Peanut Butter corruption

buying chopped onions for 2,69$ 7oz

here at aldi i can buy 11pound for the same

A sentence becomes a meme if it contains "incredulous"?

The use of the uncommon term "incredulous" is just one of the spergtastic signs in that sentence. It's truly memeworthy.

>no one could possibly talk like a high school graduate!
You will too, in a few years.

No high school graduate talks that formally. That's why it's memeworthy. It reads like an 19th century aristocrat's well-educated but socially clueless kid wrote it.

>coming to Veeky Forums expecting people to be socially apt
Even /soc/ is filled with aspies.

I talk like that. I can still be juvenile and use proper vocabulary.

Cut red onion is exposed to the air, so it's starting to go bad from the moment its cut. But it's an onion, so that takes a while. But as a part of that process it gives off sulfur based gas, which has a chemical smell.

>I can still be juvenile and use proper vocabulary.
Clearly it's possible, but you must know that it's unusual, and doing so paints you as a 'sperg.

God bless millennials and the very important battles they choose to fight. They are truly as great as the men who stormed the beaches of Normandy.

plastic usually consists of conjugated chains of polymers, which are usually inert? what compound(s) found in onions react with plastic?

>being such a faggot that you can't cut onions by yourself

it hurts my eyes

Because I'm not a brain dead manchild who isn't allowed to use big boy kitchen utensils?

>Why wouldn’t you buy prechopped onion?
Several reasons that I can think of:
1) prechopped has a much shorter shelf life compared to storing whole onions
2) prechopped is a lot more expensive
3) prechopped leaves me stuck with whatever size/shape is in the container. If buy whole onions then I am free to cut them into whatever shape I might need.
4) prechopped doesn't taste as fresh

It's more money for a worse product. No thank you.

>It's more money for a worse product.
This.

>You talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded

>just a straight up chopped product
If it has added preservatives then it isn't "just straight up", you fucking degenerate

Around 4 kilo, like 8 nets, so like.. i think.. 40 onions perhaps? Maybe even more.

chopped onions are bacteria magnets. why buy onions that have already been chopped up and sitting around for a day or two?

Pre-chopped onions. Its got Electrolytes!

That meijer font looks like meiji font