How was my first shot at homemade Pizza? It tasted 9/10 to me

How was my first shot at homemade Pizza? It tasted 9/10 to me.

I laughed/10

looks OK then again iam a 450 pound guy that will eat any pizza no mater what

I bet it tasted like depression and man tears. The final meal to decide on suicide.

What the fuck do you find humorous here? I'm trying to improve my fucking cooking skills.

did you use sauce? what was your dough recipe?

Nothing is browned, it looks surreal. What time and temperature did you use? Hot and quick is the way to go for pizza.

I’m not sure I can even tell what all is on it. Zoomed in I add pepperoni and red onion but is it just crust caked with cheese otherwise? Why’s it look like raw/half-baked cookie dough? Is there sauce hiding somewhere? What all did you make it with?

Not op, but have you never had a white pizza?

Did you make it out of fucking Play-Doh?

where da tasty sauce at?

Little sauce, it overpowers the pizza.
>dough
1 1/2 cups bread flour (all-purpose flour works too)
3/4 teaspoon yeast (instant or active dry)
3/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
up to 2/3 cup warm water (120-130° F for instant yeast or 110-120°F for active dry)
1 Tablespoon olive oil

I guess raw red onions would be good raw on top, but i would try cooking them with the pizza.
You can use more pepperoni and onions, and maybe another add on to make it look more appealing/flavorful.
Otherwise if it tasted fine to you, that what really matters.

White sauce? Or cheese over olive oil base? I didn’t figure that OP’s first shot at homemade pizza was a white pizza but I didn’t consider that possibility either.

next time skip the sugar, do a long proof for the dough, and bake at a higher temp

Could you only afford 9 slices of pepperoni?

that doesnt even look fully cooked bro

You should hold yourself to higher standards desu

Its undercooked and your oven isn't hot enough.
You used a pizza stone, but Im willing to bet you put the pizza on it when it was still cold, then popped the whole fucking thing in the oven.
Thats now how it works, dumbass. The stone gets preheated with the oven as hot as you can fucking get it. Then the pizza goes on it. So yeah, you fucked up with a kindergarten quality mistake. Now everyone point and laugh at the FAGGOT.

The parchment paper isn't even brown, so you know it was a cold oven.

now that's some tasty looking 'za

throw it away while you still can

this is one of the worst pizzas i've ever seen

Pretty sure a psychologist could rough out a mental health profile off of this picture. And it wouldn't look good.

>How would you like your pizza?
>Medium rare, good sir

Fuck you, if I could give you a slice of it you'd be jumping with joy right now.

More like jumping out the window. Ha! Ha! Ha!

I'd much rather get BLACKED and let a pack of wild niggers have their way with my boipucci than ever eat your shit looking pizza. It looks like a cheesy abortion.

>it looks surreal

Top Kek, I don't think I've ever heard that word used as an insult.

Your pizza looks like it has fetal alcohol syndrome.

Doughy/10

>how was my first shot
You missed

olives?

Times are tough

It's not even cooked...

Man you gotta preheat your oven. Let that shit run for a little while before you put it in, if it has a preheat timer, use that shit. My oven has one and even then I gotta let it cook a little longer, even use dat broiler to get it brown on too like i like.

>It looks surreal

That was an unexpected insult god damn

now seeing your post under a bunch of shit thumbnails is making me lose

Not OP here. This was very enlightening, thanks user.

you realize you're supposed to brown pizza, yes?

You got cucked by a convection oven.

Supposed to cook it, at least

It reminds me of a pizza bagel 3/10

Look on youtube,for example gennaro contaldo has some basic good pizza recipies,he is a cliche youtuber and talks a lot,but his recipies are solid.
You can also search for 'pizza 6 mistakes' by Italia squisita,it was a very helpful video.
I think that will get you on the journey to better pizza.

More vegetables. Be creative.
For example, last night I made a 'za with tomato sauce, regular and goat cheese, caramelized onions, green bell peppers and jamon serrano. It costed me like 8$ and tasted like it should cost 30$.

Be creative mang, the sky's the limit. Now that you already did one and it turned out alright, you can try for a much spicier one that could turn out fantastic.

As another user said, preheat a pizza stone if you have one. Cook up the dough for a few minutes in the oven at around 400 F then take it out, add your sauce, cheese, and toppings, then bake for 8-10 minutes. Your cheese should be golden brown and bubbly, it just looks depressing right now. Good attempt, but pizzas are typically made in high heat in short periods of time. Especially if you're aiming for a thin crust pizza

Good luck

Are those pepperonis? It looks like shriveled up hot dogs

Isn't that what pepperoni is?

use the center heat option on your oven

hey that's my pizza!

It's okay, I like undercooked pizza too.

>
aahh its asian pizza that explains XD

It's fucking raw

your pizza doesn't look that appetizing and I"m pretty lenient when it comes to any food
bake longer
less cheese
add chill pills

>pizza stone

what?

I never thought the uncanny valley could apply to food until now.

A slab of stone you put on top of the pizza so it's done faster.

Was it free?

If you liked it then it's good

next time spread alittle bit of butter on the baking paper underneath the dough, also spread abit of olive oil over the pizza before you add the sauce
just keep trying, you'll improve something everytime you do

You realize you're on the internet and have access to other websites than Veeky Forums, right?

id love to eat that

Is there a pepperoni shortage in your country?

Show it to us after you cook it. It's hard to judge a raw pizza

>dat pie

Yur pizza looks liek acheesecake, jump off a building and spare us the rest of you life.

autistism levels are high in this one. its like some sort of board game, the red circles are trampolines, the onion bits are jumpers, got to get the most jumpers from one to another, on a giant square swimming pool filled with custard.

hey, you made a pizza. good for you. if we attack you, it means we accept you and believe you can take criticism. ps you are a fag and you suck.

does that mean if my cousins baby has fetal alcohol syndrome, i can call it a pizza to cheer her up?

Did you put raw onions on top of the pizza after baking it?

yeah

A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M

you used too much cheese, took the pizza out too early and no one uses raw, diced onion as toppings. Slice them, and put them on the pizza before you put it in the oven.
>toppings on top of the cheese
at least you got that right

Sure, then fall over from food poisoning related agony

Looks like a pavlova

I kinda scuffed the shape but it was delicious

what point does that serve? it would take forever to cook the pizza since it heating the stone isn't done in an instant

You heat the stone first, user. Then you put the pizza on the hot stone. It's a means of approximating a proper stone pizza oven without having to call in a stonemason & order a thousand pounds of firebrick.

They work great, BTW. You can buy purpose made baking stones, or you can scrounge a piece of stone countertop or unglazed tile. A thick metal plate works too. The heavier the better.

Not even close. 1/10

having to preheat the stone before putting the pizza on top of it which would take half an hour or so

or

simply putting the pizza straight into the oven and wait ~15 minutes for it to be done

ok, is this another pretentious stupidery?

Take your time to do things properly and get good results

Or

Half-ass it and get mediocre results in a fraction of the time

Life is full of hard choices

>having to preheat the stone before putting the pizza on top of it which would take half an hour or so
Sure, it takes time for the stone to heat up.

>>simply putting the pizza straight into the oven and wait ~15 minutes for it to be done
Yes, that's faster than pre-heating a stone. But it's not going to come out as good as if you cooked it on a stone. It's up to you to decide if you care about that 15 minutes or if you care more about the flavor of your pizza.

Best procedure I can think of for getting decent pizza out of a shitty home oven: stick stone in oven on a high shelf. Run the oven's self-clean cycle. (That will get it hotter than even its maximum temp setting). When you're ready to cook get the pizza on the stone and then immediately turn on the broiler to its highest setting. Not as good as a real pizza oven, but pretty close. Should bake your pizza in 5 min or less.

that's a nice 'za

I've never experienced the pizzas' results to mediocre from the lack of a pizza stone

is this some sort of mind trickery because it's more work involved and you may thus feel more pride from it?

You're really trying too hard here user the key to trolling is to seem like you don't care

rather than dismissing my reply as trolling you could attempt to answer the question and explain why it would make a difference

>I've never experienced the pizzas' results to mediocre from the lack of a pizza stone
I'm guessing you just have different standards or expectations.

>>is this some sort of mind trickery because it's more work involved and you may thus feel more pride from it?
Leaving a stone inside your oven and allowing more time for pre-heating is "more work"?

Anyway, I find a radical difference in how the crust comes out. Without the stone you get a floppy crust that's a lot like shitty delivery pizza. With the stone you get better crispness, and those all-important little burnt bits here and there.

The best pizza is cooked in a stone oven. The temps get around 700C (crazy hot compared to a home oven), and you're looking at about a 2 minute baking time for a pizza. That "hot and fast" cooking gives a very different result to the usual "15 min in a shitty home oven". The closer you can get to that the better.

Oh, okay

thanks

>it looks surreal
lmao I was looking for the word to describe it

The man should not have had to type all that out just to convince your dumb ass that there's more to stone baking a pizza than fucking placebo. What you see as acceptable scepticism is actually petulant bullshit.

hello there, slowpoke

use the broiler to cook the cheese

I really don't like OP's attitude at all, I was happy to see him get abused.

Do Americans reallly eat this?

they'd eat anything as long as it isn't healthy

Nice, post an update picture after you cook it. I wanna see how it turns out. Good luck, user!