There is literally nothing wrong with using a cheap coffee machine and if you think otherwise you are an bourgeois...

There is literally nothing wrong with using a cheap coffee machine and if you think otherwise you are an bourgeois elitist who ignores the traditional importance of coffee among the lower class

>the traditional importance of coffee among the lower class
coffee started out as an upper class thing and wasn't for the lower classes.

Even Ethiopian dirt-farmers take the time to brew fresh from whole beans.
Hell, they roast the beans fresh.

Epic thread.

put me in the screen cap
how do i green text epic post!

The problem with your post is that you're being ironic, it's 2017 we're post post post ironic now, so your comment wasn't funny

that's dirty water

You tell 'em comrade

is that a motherfucking keurig

>cheap coffee machine
>decent coffee
Buy a good coffee machine and the decent coffee and come back to me.

They can't afford a coffee maker nor do they have electricity to run one

Go be a bourgeois elitist somewhere else, pig.

just stop being lazy
a french press costs like $20 & a serviceable tea kettle costs like $10. half the cost of an average coffee maker for infinitely better coffee

$20 for a decent electric kettle & like $15 for a mortar & pestle & you've got some damned fine coffee

>mortar and pestle
Now that's just inconvenient

A former friend owns a coffee joint some magazine or other (think it was Gourmet) deemed one of the 10 best in North America. She used to sell brewed-to-order, manually poured-over nonsense but would occasionally also brew manually poured-over coffee in advance and put it into a warm beverage dispenser to be served up when the place got busy. That before that article was published and she became so popular that she had to expand the cafe to three times its original size.
Now that she's popular as all fuck, she had to buy a pair of Bunomatics to keep up with demand so that people don't get pissy and tired of waiting in line.
Not a single person has complained about the not-to-order pour-over v the bunomatic v the brewed-to-order in the seven years between her opening the place and our falling out. Not a one. No one can really tell the difference.
I guarantee that if I got a two dozen coffee snobs and had them taste two dozen cups of coffee each varying between the three brew/serve methods I mentioned, they wouldn't be able to guess any better than random chance which cup was brewed/served by which method.

Just thought I'd let y'all know.

as long as the coffee is fresh then it should be fine unless it brews too hot or the grind is the wrong size. every "craft" coffee shop has regular drip alongside their pour over and espresso drinks because otherwise people couldnt go on their way to work because they would have to wait for their drink to be made. im not sure about the quality of brew of consumer grade auto drip machines because i've never used one.

Bitch please. Lower class coffee culture is an effect of ruling class approved substances to increase productivity. Allowed to let drones keep some level of alertness despite the lack of rest caused by workdays four times as long as any human should be working and stress preventing sleep. Meanwhile mind opening substances lead to jail time. Cheap coffee is also an effect of imperialism versus microlots that treat farmers as equals.

Commodity slave fuel coffee should be shed completely in favor of leisurely enjoying a single estate brew or espresso without having to use it to get through a "workday".

Hipster coffee is the better enlightened prole coffee by far.

I mean sure, it'll get the job done. Might even taste alright if the machine is cleaned regularly. But whatever the machine does, you can do better with a pour-over cone and an electric kettle, while taking up less space on the countertop.

I think the main difference is in longevity. A cheap espresso machine might make you a good a decent shot first up. But if you use it as much as a café does, it will quickly degrade. It's pretty easy to tell if a machine is doing it's job or not by looking at the volume of liquid poured over 30 seconds. This is assuming you have the right beans, grind and dose.

So is coffee to make is work longer and beer to make us docile after the work day?

Alcohol is to help people deal with the stress of working enough they don't rebel, but in a way that quickly wears off and doesn't alter worldviews enough to be dangerous like something like DMT

>only origins can be traditions

even more elitist.

What if I drink my alcohol with my coffee in the morning and in the afternoon? Then what?

I agree, but I already had a french press for tea.

Aren't you supposed to wait several hours after roasting or is that a bullshit meme?

Depends entirely on brew method.
Espresso you're supposed to wait like a week for the beans to gas out.

>fair trade and organic
>$5/12oz
It's all bullshit, innit?

Fair Trade is more expensive because the farmer gets like 2¢/tonne normally

>pour over
>Pourover coffee starts with (freshly) ground coffee, a filter, and a filter holder, often called a 'pourover dripper.'
>At the most basic level, pourover brewing involves pouring water over and through the grounds to extract the coffee flavors into your cup or serving vessel.
How is this trendy? It's literally how I've been making coffee for years, a cheapo gold filter perched on top of the coffee cup.

Isn't drip coffee basically a pour-over using a machine e.g. Mr Coffee?

But it's not more expensive to me, making me think it's meaningless.

Maybe, but I'm sure they can probably tell the difference between her coffee (even with the new machines) and Starbucks or McDonald's

>dirt-farmers
Why do they need to farm dirt? No wonder Africa is in the state it's in if they think that's how agriculture works.

>Mr Coffee
Most machines are bad at attaining/maintaining water temp and uniform water distribution

It is all bullshit. Only 12% of a companies products have to be fair trade to get a certified fair trade stamp.

>I'm so insecure I have to pick fights with random retards on the internet to feel justified about how I make my coffee.

Okay. But can anyone really tell the difference between a cheapo pourover setup like pic related vs a Mr Coffee when you use the same grinds and same filter and same water source? The water heat might be a bit different, but that's about it, it's still close to boiling in both cases.

>$5/12oz
That is cheap as fuck

>it's still close to boiling in both cases.
It won't be in the Mr. Coffee, so your coffee will be underextracted and taste sour. Also, you probably won't want the same grind in each method as contact time will be different due to design and water distribution