What do you think about his arguments on existence of God?

What do you think about his arguments on existence of God?

The ontological argument for god's existence is regarded and could be applied to Santa clause with equal effect.

"God" is just a word. "Santa Claus" is just a word

I'm only aware of his "yea but what if you're wrong, hedge your bets" argument. Does he have more?

Retarded*

there gay

>one do what is best for him
>perfectness is better than lack of so man should sthrive for being perfect but he cant be
>but he have "idea" of perfect being, but cant get this idea individually, he need actually perfect entity to get this idea from
>existing is better than not (more perfect), so perfect entity must exists

bump, discuss me!

The concept of Santa does not contain 'perfect'. The ontological argument is pretty dumb but this example doesn't make sense.

Needs a benevolent God to get past the evil demon hypothesis, otherwise he can't know anything. His ontological argument for that benevolent God is, like most other ontological arguments, not particularly persuasive.

Basically he's a hack fraud.

>multiple achievements in mathematics, physics, medicine, philosophy
>first big logician since aristotle
>ground-breaking method
>hack fraud

Descartes' argument is literally just Anselm's ontological proof, which Aquinas demolished centuries before Descartes brought it up again.

Those who want arguments for the existence of God have neither God in their heart, nor a need for God in their heart.

No, but it does contain the property of existence.

He mentions this in his argument. He has a perfect idea of God inside him like "a creators stamp on his work" (I'm paraphrasing there)

It's what happens when you take the Greeks a liiiiittle bit too far and start trying to apply purely theoretical rational models to reality in ways that rely on epistemological definitions that are uncertain.

That said it was a noble effort, the guy was a genius, but the final mystery isn't going to be that easy to solve.

>prime example of atheist intellectual right there

there are far easier ways to display your complete ignorance of philosophy friendo

Bs since I've experienced ego death

Great retort. You really showed me.

This kinda sounds exactly like Aquinas??

Did you get that from the Rational Wiki?

Cringe

i doubt the "arguments" discourse

if Santa existed, then good evidence would be available all around us. We could expect to find his workshop in the North Pole and we would expect parents to rely on Santa instead of placing presents under the tree themselves. We don't find that evidence so we can be certain that he doesn't exist. The question of Santa's existence is different from God because if Santa existed we could expect to find certain kinds of evidence.

Bump whatarr some other inresting arguments by other philosophers?

A true believer doesn't need to prove his faith. Religion takes off from where science ends, they are compatible.

t. brainlet who is afraid to question things