A 2016 literature review found that for the each additional 50g per day of processed meat (e.g., bacon, ham, hot dogs...

>A 2016 literature review found that for the each additional 50g per day of processed meat (e.g., bacon, ham, hot dogs, sausages) consumed, the risk increased 4% for total prostate cancer, 8% for cancer mortality, 9% for breast cancer, 18% for colorectal cancer, 19% for pancreatic cancer, 13% for stroke, 24% for cardiovascular mortality and 32% for diabetes.
Why do you stil eat processed meat?

>sausages
What kind? Cured ones, non cured?

It was 100 grams a day and in reality all this does is increase you from the 5-6% bracket of getting these cancers to the 8-10% chance.
It's fucking nothing.

Hey faggot did you know sunlight gives you cancer too so you should never go outside either.
Also did you know that there are particles in the air that increase your chance of cancer too so you shouldn't breathe either. Also you get background radiation which also increases your chance of cancer so maybe you should just kill yourself to save yourself from all the possible ways to get cancer.

>he doesn't practice sun protection

So I can eat as many sausages and as much bacon as I want and die early too? Sign me up senpai.

Do you unironically go outside?

>going outside and breathing is the same as scarfing down gabagool
fatso detected

>he breaths

And did you know that every day you live increases the chance that you'll develop a form of cancer?
Obviously we should kill ourselves at 30.

The phonecall that saved nobody

>you can't completely eliminate risk so just give up!
This is the most brainlet "logic" I've seen.

Except I'm being serious. Going outside fucks up your skin and there are otther people. Zero upsides

but user its the central tenet of antinatalism.

wtf i love cancer now

What? That difference is huge you dumb faggot

>he probably doesn't masterbate daily to lower his risk of prostate cancer

>a literature review

I think literature reviews have also told us that butter is unhealthy, eggs are unhealthy, eating fat makes you fat, etc etc

>A 2016 literature review
>literature review
Retard.

I don' t. I get my meat from a butcher.

So fuck off.

I don't really eat processed meat all that much, it's a nice treat once in a while

trees and birds are nice

Don't Italians, Germans, and Spanish eat a lot of cured meats? They have some of the highest life expectancies in the world.

>Germans, and Spanish
>highest life expectancies in the world
I believe the Italians with high life span have regional Mediterranean diets without lots of cured meats.

>masterbate

>speeding up my own death with bacon, sausages and delicious italian meats

I fail to see the problem here

Are you saying that if I have a 1% baseline chance of getting prostate cancer, my risk goes up to 5%. Or that if I have a 1% baseline chance of prostate cancer, my risk goes up to 1.04%?

>he doesn't bait his master to tickle his prostate

The latter. That's how these risks are calculated.

Nobody did the math so OP can't tell you

Tha latter, a jump from 1 to 5 is a 400% increase in risk

So in other words, if my baseline risk in enormous then it's kinda just a drop in the bucket and doesn't matter, in which case we should hit OP for being stupid. And on the other hand, if my baseline risk is tiny, my risk only goes up by an even tinier amount, in which case we should also hit OP for being stupid.

Based retard poster

Cite the source or gtfo OP

If I spent my entire life trying to avoid cancer, I can't imagine the regret I'd feel when I end up getting it anyways.

>A 2016 literature review found
Ebin weasel words user

I get most of my processed meat from a farmer's market. They usually sell both nitrate and nitrate free versions of bacon but the nitrate free version has more sodium. The taste is a lot better, I have no idea if it kills me less.

Breaking news: fat people eat more processed meats

If you're fit and eat processed meats it's fine.

>literature review
That's not original research just a summary of others work.

>Cite the source
>Literary review
Doesnt matter, its a form of meta analysis which is one of the most worthless studies imaginable. Its literally just getting a stack of studies that agree with you and summarizing them as if studies to the contrary just dont exist. Its typical of brainlets, vegans, soft science grads and compulsory shoplifters to use them since it can be used to agree with absolutly any point I feel like making

Oh like when undergrads write some shitty paper on a very detailed topic that they were introduced to a week ago?

Basically yeah. I could write a meta analysis on climate change and its effect on homosexuals preferring menthol cigarettes or red labels. Depending on which 20 studies I choose I could even prove that the ones choosing menthol are immune to cancer. Always ask for a source then check the sources source. If its a meta analysis you can safely disregard it in favor of a peer reviewed study. If it says something that doesnt sound right the methodology is always the place to check. Tons of vegan studies posted here are junk based on 10 man sample sizes, disregarding external factors and pretending that ONLY VEGANISM WORKS NO ALTERNATIVES

Deli turkey is bad for you?

Nitrates are soooo bad for you!
>inhales 50 sticks of celery
They cause cancer and all sorts of health problems!
>Downs an enormous spinach salad
That's why I'm healthy and don't eat cured meats!
>Dives into a swimming pool filled with arugula

Nothing wrong with a meta study, but OP needs to post a link to it.

But OP is a pedo judging by that specific image.

>per day
holy fuck that's a lot of processed meat
no wonder people's guts are getting fucked up

imo processed meat is worse than any other junk with refined carbs

a twinkie is GOOD. a jimmy dean sausage makes you feel sad.

I take no substitutes with my meat, you can go to asian stores and buy premarinaded cuts, just slap that on a pan and enjoy a meal miles ahead of packaged glopsticks. i feel bad for people who dont know better.

I’m pretty sure ive eaten a pound plus of ground beef or steak in a day. But processed stuff like lunchmeat or summer sausage, I get sick of that pretty quickly

in a day, sure, but EVERY DAY?

in 17 days I will have 100% risk of cancer

>Correlation is causation

Literature reviews are typically the first thing you do in your doctorate as a way to learn and summarise the current work which has been done in your topic so you can try to find new niches which haven't been attempted.
People then publish them as a quick summary and reference bait.

Who on this fucking board is getting breast cancer

guys get breast cancer too, especially the ones with moobs