Let’s all share foods that are native to where you were born/grew up

Let’s all share foods that are native to where you were born/grew up.

All that meat and vegetables and potato wrapped up in there mmmmboi it’s like an edible version of the West Country.

That looks like a motherfuckin' empanada.

The horseshoe sandwich, from Southern/Central Illinois. Texas toast, meat(often a hamburger patty, a pork tenderloin, a chicken cutlet, or ham, but it can be literally any meat), french fries, and cheese sauce. Sometimes garnished with things like green onions or chopped tomatoes, but not always.

Fuck that sounds good, thought it was poutine from the thumbnail

I'd eat the fuck out of that

burger with gravy, three kinds of onions, pickled ret beets, pickles and various local condiments, it's great

It's great bar food, and super easy to make yourself; the sauce is just a basic mornay. It's also highly customizable, since you can use whatever kind of meat and cheese combo you desire. One interesting take on it that I've seen is using pulled pork or brisket and adding bbq sauce.

MEAT FUCKING BUS FUCK YEAH CUNTS

dansker

Primanti Bros.

Basically a classic deli meat sandwich with a side of coleslaw and fries, but they go head and put the fries and coleslaw right on the sammich

Making a sandwich look fuller by loading it up with fries so you can skimp on the meat is tragic

>so little meat
if you love that, then you deserved to get jewed out of your money

2 Detroit Coney Island hot dogs with everything

Posting probably the one food Maryland is most known for, Crab Cakes

bandeja paisa. a native dish in colombia but sold heavily in my neighborhood jackson heights queens new york.

The main characteristic of this dish is the generous amount and variety of food in a traditional bandeja paisa. red beans cooked with pork, white rice, carne molida (ground meat), chicharrón, fried egg, plantain (plátano maduro), chorizo, arepa, hogao sauce, black pudding (morcilla), avocado and lemon

what country?

you dont know shit until you've had a cheesesteak with american cheese on an amoroso roll fresh out of the oven

this

My local pizza chain claims to have invented taco pizza, and I've never seen anyone contradict them.

Meat filled pasta dough in a hot beetrooth brooth, usually served as one of the severl christmas dinner course.

2 danish bouncers bring themselves to climax

Meat pies, sausage rolls and beer. Australia doesn't get anywhere near enough thanks as it should.

Has Australia actually ever invented a good recipe?

Few things beat a ripe and freshly-picked peach on a hot July afternoon in Georgia. Succulent, sweet, slightly tart, and with a wonderfully woolly texture. Possibly even better is homemade peach ice cream, or peach cobbler.

Saumagen. Basically German pig haggis

2 magicians cum into each others mouth and make it disappear

Which is the best taco spot in your neighborhood?

I'm from Bath/Somerset myself OP and you could not be more right.

Literally had pie, mash, and gravy last night. Nothing else like it in the world. Homey and comfy as fuck.

Wisconsin
Bratwurst

flyovers will never understand how much Ohioans love Skyline

>nobody will ever understand how much Ohioans love heroin.

ftfy

West Country represent

North Somerset reporting in
What was in the pie?

That is the sign of a truly broken people.

t. french mainer

If you don't eat tamales on the night before Christmas then you are fucking it up.

Fondue.

And cheese curds !

Rheinischer Sauerbraten (Sour roast), from the rhine area (especially Düsseldorf)
Meat (in earlier times horse, nowadays mostly cow) is stored in a marinade of onion, carrot, celery and wine for 5-6 days, roasted then doused with the marinade
Usually served with red cabbage and potato dumplings

Oh fuck. You're right.

Grew up in a military family

>it's great
I fucking hate it. Soggy buns

>Detroit Coney Island hot dog

lol, pick one muh nugga

I've never eaten at this place, never heard of this place, and know absolutely nothing about this food item. But I am 100% sure that this looks like a steaming plate of poo from the zoo when ordered irl.

in my house, it was always molé. couldn't stand that shit as a kid but now it's a staple of Christmas for me.

that looks beautiful

Paella with an omelette on the top

Pittsburgh PA, USA.

Not my photo, I've actually never seen a primanti's sandwich with that little meat on it. Must've been a diversity hire

It looks exactly as pictured. They literally just plop noodles onto a plate. Add the chili/onions. Then they add the cheese on top. By the time I have sat down and ordered, my food is ready within 2 minutes.

Fuck off Iowa

no bully

Loose meat sandwiches suck, and Casey's makes a better taco pizza than Happy Joe's.

Casey's is headquartered out of Iowa

fuck you

Since it's thanksgiving season, anyone else have any seasonal items?

*provolone

The Taylor Ham Sandwich is a simple joy in this world

That looks like every other egg, ham, and cheese sandwich in the world

Usually the bun is grilled and is topped with just the tomato slice

Can't find a picture that accurately portrays Southern Ontario style peameal bacon sandwiches

Yes but the difference is taylor ham isn't actually ham.

Often imitated, but only done right in my area.

Fuck, I love Taylor Ham. I'm not in the states right now so this picture made me feel things.

So did I but that's no excuse to degrade yourself with that smiling dickface of a hand.

100% accurate tho i gotta admit the one time i hadwas probably the best pastrami i ever had.

empanada?

Snags

Thought it was muslims praying from the thumb, what are they?

I make that in my kitchen when I'm too lazy to make real food. Why is Australia such a culinary wasteland?

False, you haven't had a god tier sausage roll yet.

Nigger, it's a sausage on a slice of bread. Do you guys just not know how much better the rest of the world is at this?

Nah, I'm talking about these.

I visited around the UK where these fuckers were invented, nobody there can make a decent one.

Like with anything here, we take food from other countries and emphasize on it and usually make it better.

>being this much of an elitist over a sausage in some bread
Of course we eat other stuff, the whole point is it's quick and simple and you can down a couple on a Sunday afternoon with your mates you dumb fuck. You have no idea how to take it easy.

Nah cunt
Strayan pasties are garbo

I have never once seen an Australian post a native food that looked even remotely good. I genuinely don't think you make any.

I just told you what Australia invented you thick bastard. Meat pies, sausage rolls and beer

good sausage rolls can be had all around the UK and Netherlands and probably most of Yurop. Never been to Aus but they like their pies so i guess they have em too. In the US, they are hard as fuck to find.

Are you a dumb fucking seppo or what? Only you cunts are this obsessed over what we eat because you know how pathetic your own culinary staples are. We need flags on Veeky Forums so I know who is worth responding to

A) You invented none of those
B) The countries that did are better than you at making them. Your food is shit.

You better watch your fucking tongue mate

Were you born with fetal alcohol syndrome? If you can't post decent food in a thread like this you should fuck off.

Haha no. You guys invented fairy bread and vegemite..oh wait, the brits invented marmite and you cunts copied it and pretended you invented it. So only fairy bread haha

Looks as though none of you cunts will ever get to sink your teeth into a four n twenty

Sounds kinda gay

Trabaccolara, from Versilia. Basically, it's a pasta dish whose condiment is some kind of soup made out of boiled shallow fishes and mussels. Sometimes there are tomato pieces too.

The proper way to eat a hot dog.

get those tomatoes outta there, and fuck those peppers and especially that pickle too

>Tartiflette (French pronunciation: [taʁtiˈflɛt]) is a dish from Savoy in the Alps. It is made with potatoes, reblochon cheese, lardons and onions.[1]
Mountain food is comfy.

>Being retarded
The chicago dog only works because every single ingredient plays a role.

Those are puff dogs.

They look like sausage rolls on a diet to me

>The chicago dog...works

Nothing from Chicago works.

>butchering manti like that