Why do you Anglos love Murakami? His prose is boring crap in Japanese. There are dozens of mainstream, eroge...

Why do you Anglos love Murakami? His prose is boring crap in Japanese. There are dozens of mainstream, eroge, and light novel writers that are better than him.

Also, what is he staring at like a retard?

Because his books has sex, nihilism, metaphors, allegories, classical music and a lot of non sensical sex.

epic troll post op!!! i am very frustrated by what you have written!!!

A typical murakami story goes like

yare yare, boku wa shasei shita

>His prose is boring crap in Japanese
Have to stop you right there, weeb. That's a terrible reasoning. I don't care what it's like in nihongo, because the English version is great.. Maybe we should be thanking the translator.

If by great you mean middle brow wank

I read the first 10 pages of "Kafka on the Shore" in the university library. It reminds me of the writing style in American Psycho, just not as good. If its not the writing style, what makes his books so popular?

Murakami himself has said that the english translations are pretty close to the originals.

He's popular because of the escapism and sex presented in his books, he's not a bad author by any means, but definitely not up there with the greatest, not even close desu.

>nihilism

Does it, though? I would put him more in the category of absurdism.

he panders to middlebrow americans in exactly the same way Isin panders to teenage niwaka

he's a jap Christopher Moore.

Because he's Stephen King with slanty eyes.
That's why people like him. He writes protracted and easily digestible fluff and that's appealing.

Generally the Jap texts that are 'popular' in Angloworld are just translations that a lot of people talked about at one point or another. Same for most others. I haven't read Murakami but I'm willing to bet that he got a lot of exposure once upon a time and publishers have milked it for all it's worth.

this man, in my country he is nothing.

Why did this post make me chuckle?

外人さんは頭が悪いので

天皇陛下万歳
アイ・ラブ・ジャパン

kill yourself

You won't be bullying him when he wins the nobel this year

i know a lot of japanese ppl who

In México, we love him too

No, I am the Japan
This is not true
There is not a person with the opinion, such as this

I've only read Norwegian Wood, but yeah, it's not that great and it can be really cringeworthy at times, but overall it's highly enjoyable and relaxing. It's like a well prepared kebab, but in form of a novel

What does he keep fucking staring at?

He has a condition (can't remember what it's called) that doesn't allow him to directly stare into a camera lens or he has a seizure

Came here to post this.

because the characters are ethnically japanese but embrace western culture more so than their own traditions. his novels are also escapist. what young adult male wouldn't want to be taken under the wing of a beautiful elegant wealthy older lady? his books are self-insert coming of age novels with just the right amount of Japanese culture to be a little exotic for the common reader

>Why do you Anglos love Murakami?
I don't. I like lots of Japanese authors, though.

He's fun in his best work and he's comfy. Not everyone has to be Oe (though he's fun too).

I don't know if it's a feature of common Japanese translators, but I've never read a Japanese book with interesting prose.

Come off it. Murakami's not a fantastic writer, but he's miles ahead of light novels. Light novels are like NA YA novels written by someone writing on a cell phone after cram school.
I don't really understand the handup Veeky Forums has about this guy, but if I had to guess it's an extension of this boards elitism, so they make fun of this guy because he's popular and the first Japanese author anyone in the west reads.
What makes him popular isn't "escapism" as other user's have said, but rather the sustained tone of his novels. Sustained tone across a body of work is impressive.

>No, I am the Japan
>This is not true
>There is not a person with the opinion, such as this

ok and i've never talked to a japanese person online who uses syntax as fucked as this

They make dumb picks sometimes but he doesn't even have the kind of ethos that they look for.

I think it probably is. The people who do the translations aren't good writers and the writing always comes off as weirdly stilted and obviously a translation. The only English translation of a Jap book I've ever read that actually read like it was written by a native English speaker has been Murakami's stuff by those guys (Birnbaum and Rubin). Tbh I like those guys' prose

this reads more like an indian's syntax than a japs desu

He's not wrong though

So much this. I would upvote you if I could.

Because Japanese writers are psuedo nihilist hacks who suck at literature. The other rest has already given up and decide to write LN's and shitty science fiction.

All non-whites are incapable of writing literature, Glad to see that Veeky Forums has started to swallow the red pill.

Is it autism?

Must not have been here for very long then.

?

>there are dozens of mainstream, eroge, and light novel writers that are better than him

name one dozen

People on here are just quick to hate him because he's so accessible to plebs and the people whose literature they normally like to shit on.

I've hated Murakami's books since day one. They're so godforsaken shitty with their talking cats and plain, boring, dead prose. I don't get why everyone likes this guy at all. Kafka on the shore, more like Kafka on the bore

>
>All non-whites are incapable of writing literature, Glad to see that Veeky Forums has started to swallow the red pill.
Easy there, /pol/

田中 ロミオ
丸戸 史明
SCA-DI
奈良原 一鉄
正田 崇
奈須 きのこ
瀬戸口 廉也
西川 真音

朱門 優
王 雀孫
昼王

>奈須 きのこ

I guess you wanted to have one joke entry. Otherwise good list.

I've not read Tsukihime OG in JPN yet, but Mahoutsukai is actually really good honestly.

>implying lit is filled w/ japanese ppl who type like white people making fun of japanese ppl's english but that those white ppl are actually japanese ppl

kys you stupid fuck
why are you even on here

hes books are comfy af desu
name a comfier writer (legit i want to know)

Because I can read his stuff in public without outing myself as a disgusting weeaboo

He is looking at your post user.