Paleo

Is paleo just a meme? I'm interested in it because I just realized how true it is that modern man has added a ton of terrible stuff into food. But at the same time I'm so used to just eating whatever I want that I'm not sure if it'd be worth it to switch over.

Any advice, fellow fatfu/ck/s?

Anything that isn't a balanced diet of vegetables, legumes, proteins, grains, fats. In that order of priority is a meme.
>T. Former fatboi

Eat what people did a couple hundred years ago, homemade type stuff. Eat plenty of greens, beans, and some meat. Grill, bake, boil instead of frying. Quit drinking soda except as a rare treat. You will be surprised how just a few simple things will make you healthier than most.

Sounds fine to me but why only *some* meat? I mean besides people a few hundred years ago not having easy access to it

Figuring out that you lost weight when you expend more calories than you eat doesn't make you a nutritionist. You can lose weight eating nothing but a Twinkie a day, type in here ">twinkie, twinkie, twinkie in that priority t. Former fat boy" and still be correct.

It’s not a meme, it’s just more useful for people who have digestive issues and are very sensitive to the stuff we’ve added to our diets.

There's some dumb restrictions, but 95% of the western world would be better off with it than what they eat now. If you're someone who likes structure and clear rules, go for it.

high calories, saturated fats, nitrates, etc, etc
meat isn't all that great for you desu famalam.
you're not gonna see me say you should quit (that would make me a massive hypocrite) but trying to lean towards greens instead of meats or grains is never a bad idea and that cannot be argued with

No. It doesn't work that way. Eating a diet of just refined sugars wouldn't give you the nutrition you need to have a proper workout schedule. Which, is more important than diet but the two go hand in hand.

So what you're telling me right now is that you can defy the laws of physics by staying a fatty while eating fewer calories than you use because physics cares where the calories come from

you could've made a thread about the heart attack grill and we would've had fun making fun of it and whatnot but no u have to make a serious thread about some stupid 40 year old soon to be vegan mom meme

dieting thread? more like DYING thread because no one's gonna reply

You can eat nothing but twinkies and never work out and still lose weight

Well you are applying your "science" selectively. The body does react differently based on the source of the calories. So yes, twins feed different diets and kept chained to a bed may be different weights at the end of your six month experiment.

Lard is actually healthier than whatever oil is being used normally for fast food fries

Been veg for almost a year now and looking at this just makes me feel sick.

Agreed. You quickly realise how unhealthy slop like OP really isn't appealing.

just the thread I needed to share the DUMBEST comment I've seen on the internet all year, and yeah they're "paleo"

>I have made bread by letting the natural yeasts in the air penetrate the dough to make bread taking a few days to prepare. I don’t add yeast, nature does it for the bread. I learned it from the Navaho as old style Indian bread set outside, covered in the warm sun to rise. This is also how our pioneers made starter dough. Yeast is a fungal spore that eats off the sugars found in leaves, decaying wood, organic material, and exposed to these airborne spores, it settles in flour and expels carbon dioxide to create tiny bubbles in dough to make it rise….., you know, the gas that the government named as a pollutant. It works best in the warm growing season when yeasts are more active. So remember when you eat bread, you are also eating polluted food to be politically correct. lol.

So you're telling me right now that you think that one of the many laws of physics that affects the human body somehow trumps all the other ones?
Yes you can eat a single twinky a day and sit on your ass every day for a long ass time, but you won't. No one will they'll get bored with sitting around and eating a single twinky. Also even if you did manage to do that youd end up looking like a skelly wild Bill wearing a fat person's hide.

That's not a dumb quote, that's literally how sourdough bread is made

Paleo works for fat loss but long term it fucks your metabolism and leads to hypothyroidism, it also elevates your stress hormones which is why people feel "energized" on it

And you can be damn sure that paleolithic man was quite familiar with fermented honey as well as pastes made from ground seeds and wild grains. If these fucks don't like the fact that their cult diet named after and supposedly modelled after primitive man included everything edible in their locality they should join a new cult. Perhaps keto?

Kind of. It's sort of arbitrary in that we just don't fucking know exactly what ancient humans ate. What it accidentally gets right is barring refined sugars and trans fats. Do not eat these things.

Paleo is a fucking meme because we're not fucking hunter gatherers anymore and live completely differently. Why would you eat a diet specific to ancient humans when you're not getting the same daily routine and exercise as them as well?

Plus, more shit's coming out that reveals most hunter gatherers subsisted on vegetables and stuff you could gather, with meat being a rarity.

Also humans back then fucking died around 40 due to illness, getting fucking killed when hunting, and all sorts of stuff, so cancer never had the time to show itself.

Paleo is the biggest fucking meme next to the blood type diet.

Listen for a second before doing any rash changes to your diet.
A while back, I took a psychology course at my community college. Towards the end of semester I think it was, he started mentioning the Paleo diet and was saying how he wanted us to all see one of his gym trainer's presentations.
Well, I wasn't too sure. It was the first time I'd heard about Paleo after all, but nevertheless, I gave it a chance because he was a good teacher and I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

I don't remember all the shit he mentioned, but there was a lot of pseudo-science. He came in, puffed up his chest, something really suspicious about his whole appearence, but I'm not sure exactly what it was; It didn't seem like he looked that way because of exercise, it seemed like he was somehow choosing to look that way for the speech, so that was the first leg.
Next, he started mentioning some pseudo shit about leaky gut. He explained this using long words that he spoke very fast and said "you don't need to remember that". I asked him to repeat some of the things he said and he spoke them as quickly as he could, but I managed to jot down some stuff to look up. It was just more pseudo-science.

His gym claimed to get you ripped without working very hard. It was all just very suspicious and strange.

But even if you disregard that, Paleo diet is silly; Human beings do NOT live in a context any where close to how we used to live in such long past times; they'd get different levels of exercise, different access to food, different stressers, pretty much everything was different.

All that to say don't go paleo.

The fuck did I make this mistake
>that was the first leg
*that was the first red flag.

do
americans
really
eat
this?

this is breakfast in america you europoor

All of these meme diets are dumb

I say just cut back on portion sizes, fried/greasy foods, and sugar

I lost 10 pounds (I was never overweight) and I don't even have a strict diet and still eat/drink what I want for the most part

>grains before fats

>is paleo an element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means?
Yes.
Retard.

you're an idiot

a twinkie is 150 calories. You can eat an entire box of twinkies a day and still loss 1 pound a week provided that's all you eat

Wrong, diet is more important than exercise.

Like that meme saying - abs are made in the kitchen. Stupid but accurate

Fpbp

I couldn't care less about paleo, but I just stopped by to say how fucking terrible everything about those burgers looks: the patties look grey with an awful texture, the cheese isn't melted and the tomato & red onion are raw. They genuinely look awful.

Calories Out>Calories In
It’s pretty simple, fatty.
No need for bullshit, fad diets.

I'm tired of you CICO idiots. It's bullshit and you know it. Nobody has ever gotten a decent physique based solely on calorie count. Macronutrients completely matter. Go eat your twinkies, skinnyfat.

Yeah but your body needs more nutrients then just what's in a twinkie.
It might get you to lose weight but its far from healthy.

>Abs are made in the kitchen

healthy wasnt the argument, losing weight was

I guess you read recent news too.

Eh i don't see any issue with this. Both should be in moderation

Op wasn't looking for an argument turbo autist. Offer realistic, genuine advice or fuck off.

it's not a meme in that it encourages you to watch what you eat and therefore you tend to eat healthier
you could still achieve healthiness just by eating whatever in the right amounts and exercising as long as you avoid sugar

I don't know if i should post this here or on >>Veeky Forums but i wanna gain weight, people say i am skinny, i also want to gain muscular mass.

Meat, eggs, dairy, oats, and veggies eat at least 3k kcals a day. A mix of low rep high weight lift days and higher rep lower weight days. Prioritize compound lifts, use accessories to isolate lagging muscle groups.

"The Paleo Diet" is a huge meme. It should be called the Flintstones Diet because that's how anthropologically accurate it is.
You know what was in the actual paleo diet? Literally anything that was edible.
"Hunter/Gatherer" is a fancy way of saying omnivore scavenger.
You want to be healthy and lose weight? Eat a broad diet, eat sensible portions and don't eat very much processed food.
And for fuck's sake get some exercise. Your primitive ancestors weren't fat because they were always burning calories.

This, except fuck the accessories. A bar, squat rack, and plates are all you need.

Also, order some test online and start doing that every 3 days and get an AI.

we aren't hunter gatherers because we developed agriculture, that doesn't mean fundamentally the human body is designed with hunting and gathering. your entire post is bad

Protip: the human body wasn't designed.