I hate how I feel the need to read boring books because pseudo intellectuals claim you need to read them for "insights"...

I hate how I feel the need to read boring books because pseudo intellectuals claim you need to read them for "insights" when they just want you to pump up the value of their hierarchy by expending energy within it. I see novels as something to be enjoyed. I simply don't have the balls to live life according to my own intellectual and aesthetic tastes while calling out the dumb bullshit as I see it. I know there are no "insights" in Dostoevsky other than the made up crap that people judge based on fashion. I would honestly give up on most books within 50 pages if I used my taste.

I hate how I'm an ugly 26 year old male with no friends, whoha never had attention from women ever, and hasn't had a social life at all since I was 18. I went through university like this. Tinder shows that women have Chads on tap and it is clear that they live easy lives and society sees males as disposable shit to be bled dry and discarded. I hate how you can't even point this out, and the trivial empirical observations are ignored.

I hate how I eat junk food and coffee to dull the mental pain of my shit life, ruining my sleep and gym strength. I hate how I became the ugly loner beta at my workplace within a few days. It confirmed everything I ever intuited about the workplace and professional environments and the necessity of normieness to succeed.

I hate how boringness is seen as a sign of intellectual worth. I hate how simplicity is seen as proof of near worthlesness.

I hate my desire for a philosophy that will let me know what to do. I know there is no such thing and I would feel like a dehumanised robot if I tried to follow it. I know that the truths are all trivially obvious and most "insightful" thoughts stem from a deviation from them justified by lies and obscurantism (there is no meaning to life, no objective morals, no way to optimise life, no automatic cost for hedonism, no automatic gain for pain, no guaranteed qualities to compensate ugliness or vice versa).

If you enjoy the subject matter it's not boring.

Cool story familia.

Maybe you're just boring.

Read Stoner and Siddhartha.

just be a good guy, frogposter

Reddit misses you, desu. In all seriousness, get some fucking discipline bro, maybe read some self help. Social skills are a skill and thus can be learned and practiced. It's a long process and you'll probably make an ass out of yourself along the way but you can do it user. You're already going to the gym so that's good. If you don't want to be a loner beta, there's things you can do to change that. I'm not saying you'll read some books and become Chad, but you'll definitely be more socially aware once you read Dale Carnegie and maybe some books on body language. I mean, just read The Game by Neil Strauss. It's basically bunch of autists who used their collective autism to get laid. It's possible, just stop being a pussy and talk to people. Don't let the social part of your brain deteriorate further.

>I hate my desire for a philosophy that will let me know what to do. I know there is no such thing and I would feel like a dehumanised robot if I tried to follow it. I know that the truths are all trivially obvious and most "insightful" thoughts stem from a deviation from them justified by lies and obscurantism (there is no meaning to life, no objective morals, no way to optimise life, no automatic cost for hedonism, no automatic gain for pain, no guaranteed qualities to compensate ugliness or vice versa).
How will philosophy ever recover?

Are you sure you're philosophically inclined? 90% of your post is "I hate/I feel/I know" with nothing to back it up.

>I hate how I'm an ugly 26 year old male with no friends, whoha never had attention from women ever, and hasn't had a social life at all since I was 18. I went through university like this. Tinder shows that women have Chads on tap and it is clear that they live easy lives and society sees males as disposable shit to be bled dry and discarded.

Oh fuck me not you again, you annoying faggot

Here's the rub, mate - I, and tons of other people on this site, have had honest, loving relationships with people. You don't have them because you're obnoxious, self-absorbed, and annoying, going by your post.

So, it's basically an /r9k/ post with a Dostoevsky name-drop.
Cool, thanks for shitting up the board even more.

Your thinking doesn't seem to be working out for you. Try doing something out of character!

Let's just assume he is not.

write a blog

That's like assuming vinegar isn't bitter.

Guys, OP here. I just walked from Camden town station (an area known for it's leftie hipster inclusive youth culture), along the canal, and to central saint martins and university of the arts London.

I saw lots of attractive young Chads and Staceys living the life and considering me genetic trash. There are large corporate retail developments empty next to the arts university and there corporate developments all around (they're detailed on a map). The left wing anti capitalist hierarchy based on good looks and youth is nicely on top of the regular hierarchy

It's like everything in my OP was confirmed immediately after I posted it. I feel like I'm in a Houellebecq novel.

Love these posts. Keep posting them.

Bitch less, read the stoics, get the fuck off this board.

Lots of people are sad, fucking cut it out you dumbass.

Seriously don't come back. Cool it.

consider a blog
listen to

What? Vinegar is sour, not bitter.

Read Stirner.

Or don't.

you should though.

Fuck off to /r9k/ if you want to rant about how shitty your life is and how you don't have a vibrant social life or a significant other.

Read to free your mind from the anger that locks you.

>Veeky Forums is for the discussion of literature, specifically books (fiction & non-fiction), short stories, poetry, creative writing, etc.
One paragraph about pseuds isn't enough desu

>I saw lots of attractive young Chads and Staceys living the life and considering me genetic trash.
And what do you consider yourself to be?

My guess is that the content of your posts were genuinely felt by you at some point but you convey them in an irritating manner for attention, and possibly to shield yourself.

I have a formula for your feels that would be unimaginably effective, but I won't share it because you don't deserve it. When you can post sincerely and show that you have the courage to face your situation honestly, only then will I help you.

Until then I unironically hope that you die and so does nature.

Some of the best books I've ever read were not exactly entertaining in a "page-turner" kind of way, you really had to sit there and force yourself through difficult pages and long, tedious chapter, but in the end you feel a sense of accomplishment in having managed to complete the work.

>makes a post on a board about literature whining about his pathetic, pussified life complete with hilariously misplaced superiority complex
>only mention of literature is that it sucks because he knows more than any author could ever express
This thread should be deleted and you should be permabanned. Every fucking day you make these posts, some are copypasta but you constantly make new shit with a few repeated phrases. I unironically hate you.

just do drugss lmaoo

>Every fucking day you make these posts.

Why do people say things like this.
How could you possibly know that it's the same person?

user is right, though. It doesn't matter if it's the same person or not.

Because he says the same things, just slightly tweaked. He brings up Tinder frequently, and brings up living in London repeatedly as he did in this post . Other phrases are copied directly, like "I became the ugly loner beta at my workplace within a few days." Even if people are posting it as copypasta, they should be banned and the thread should be deleted.

Honest question: if you hate your life so much, why haven't you killed yourself?

>Tinder shows that women have Chads on tap and it is clear that they live easy lives and society sees males as disposable shit to be bled dry and discarded. I hate how you can't even point this out, and the trivial empirical observations are ignored.

Why do I see this so often? Having never used it (no need) I can't help but feel it probably fucks up people's worldview in more ways than they realise. Like how Facebook makes everything feel like a popularity contest. Or how Twitter makes you believe every conversation is an argument about political correctness. Or how Veeky Forums makes you misanthropic about everything. Oh...wait.

Truth be told, when you stop making all this your world it really honestly truly ceases to be so. Adopt a more disciplined lifestyle and stop being so fucking hard on yourself.

honestly all of those problems sound like they're rooted in a lack of self-worth but more so a lack of self-responsibility because you desperately need people to validate you which you probably know already and you're trapped in this cycle where you think some insight is going to save you but you know deep down it won't

anyways

A book doesn't have to be BLAM BLAM ACTION TWISTS for it to not be boring. I do think there's value in reading something that requires more patience or is harder to enjoy. It's like getting used to eating vegetables if you're used to eating rich, sweet foods.

That said, if you really don't enjoy reading something, then you absolutely don't need to read it. Maybe you're just reading the wrong types of books and don't realize there is other stuff out there?

Take this cancer to /r9k/ plz