Tfw you tell the girl you're crushing on that you like to read

>tfw you tell the girl you're crushing on that you like to read

~ just highschool things ~

tfw your crush also likes to read

>tfw you told her you like to read and now you're trapped in a "user is smart" configuration

Is there anything more devastating?

There's nothing wrong with that, in fact it's a wuality over other guys. The problem is if you have the appearance of a virgin, then you'll be seen as a worthless nerd to her. Go to Veeky Forums and change your hair and the way you talk if you're anything like that, no man should be like that to be honest.

>trapped in a "user is smart" configuration

That isn't a problem, the real problem is when both you and your girl realize how stupid she is compared to yourself because she is a woman.

Apparently having an affection for someone is a high school thing

The problem with people thinking you are smart for facile reasons is that it amounts to a degradation of your true value.
It's been happening to me since I was a child. This shit is like chess to me at this point.

>affection after high school is okay!

>it's not okay

Who hurt you, user?

i don't give a shit that you feel "affection" for someone you dink i care that you are making faggot highschool threads on Veeky Forums about it

>having a crush
we get it, you're 17

I'm legit confused.
"So what books do you like to read" is the first thing that comes out of my mouth when I'm alone with someone new. Why the fuck wouldn't you? It's one of the easiest conversation starters you could possibly use.

Most people don't read for pleasure and feel guilty about it when put on the spot.
It's kind of a douche question to ask, especially in the manner you just conveyed, because there is a perceived judgement built in.

I've never had this problem, ever. Sometimes they don't read, so you say oh, ok and switch to music, or movies or whatever. No wonder you autists are such unsatisfied basement dwellers. Social interaction isn't that complicated. It's not a bomb.

Maybe I'm being autistic but when you describe something as " one of the easiest conversation starters you could possibly use" I'm expecting something that isn't going to instantly flame out more likely than not. Since we're throwing insults around I'll just say that you seem kind of stupid for not realizing this and your advice to instantly switch to a different topic undermines your entire original point.

I was just about to bust out a germane Beckett namedrop last night when she left abruptly

>tfw your gf has artistic sensibilities far greater than your own and is madly in love with you

>tfw you write a girl a love letter and she laughs at your prose

Me again, I forgot to say also, that going down the checklist of media and demanding that someone produce favorites in each category is highly irritating to be on the receiving end of and is without question the single most autistic way to pursue a conversation.

truly wife material

>finding common topics of interest isn't a good conversation starter
>showing an interest in what the other person likes isn't a good way to get to know them
>showing an interest in what the other person likes isn't a good way to endear you towards them
Yeah, okay. Good luck with that.

savage af

>she sees your bookshelf

>gf is "helping" me pack up the room I'm moving out of
>I have small shelf with books on it, less than ten
>A couple phil books, mostly "classical fiction" or whatever you want to call it
>She decides to look at the books after I take them off the shelf and on them on the desk near her
>Looks confused, almost dissatisfied reading the covers/backs
>Puts them down without saying anything
>I found her expression so baffling I ask her what she thinks of my books
>"I don't understand what any of them are about"
>"...Do you want me to tell you what any of them are about?"
>"No"

I need to get rid of this fucking broad.

>I need to get off this fucking board.
ftfy

One night as he sat at his table head on hands he saw her rise and go

My titty monster fiancee approached me while I was reading Elektra translated by Pound

Do you know what it's like to be called smart when your not? It's shit dude.

Shitposting

So your gf thinks you are a pleb and, to fix the issue, you want to scape from our claws?

Give her the 砸