I wanna read beckett's trilogy, lolita, and crime and punishment!

>I wanna read beckett's trilogy, lolita, and crime and punishment!
>fuck this is really hard, I can't even focus on a whole page
>better go check lit and facebook and my downloads
>fuck I never finish any books

Read his plays first, waiting for godot and End of game

Those aren't difficult books. You're going to need to start with John Green and work your way up.

>anime

stopped reading there

just read the gambler and underground man from dostoyevsky if you want to start with something lighter

Notes from underground makes no sense to me. I have re-read the first several chapters multiple times, and each time I just think that he sounds insane and everything he says is meaningless; the underground man that is.

read the gambler, it's lighter reading, funnier and not about a literal autist. great girl character too. short, easy to get through.

underground man is objectively a better book, even if i may enjoy more the gambler. if you can't get into the gambler i guess dostoyevsky is not for you, you won't find a easier book from him

if you like it you can try next White Nights, it's also short, in this case it's about an autist too but not as dark as the underground man

if you like those 2 you can see if you can get into crime and punishment next once you are more used to his writing.

...lolita is a hard read for you?

Set an alarm on your phone. 20 minutes. If you feel you can retain your attention more then add more minutes. When it goes off browse lot or FB or whatever for 5-10 minutes and restart. Do three of these sessions a day and you will get trough books and develop attention.

No shit dumbass.

That's a good idea user. I will try this.

>>I wanna read beckett's trilogy, lolita, and crime and punishment!
>>fuck this is really hard, I can't even focus on a whole page

To be fair, I read 150 pages of crime and punishment, 80 pages of lolita, and 6 pages of beckett's trilogy (the trilogy I started yesterday). It's just hard to find a time when I can focus.

wrong website. leave.

I want that cute little girl to read Zizek.

are there really people this dumb in the world? even as a brainlet high schooler I remember breezing through nabokov and dostoevsky, completely understanding the Raskolnikov and the underground man's thought process immediately, and I don't think this is an uncommon thing

user you're so cool please fuck me

you are really dumb and should feel bad about it. keep deflecting with irony all you want: you will remain stupid and devoid of talent.

talk about rejection lol

Be comfy. Try reading in bed with your smartphone out of arms' way.

>reading comprehension

Which one has the best cover? gonna buy this book

Read one at a time, read shorter works before you start with longer ones, never treat a multi-volume work as a single book, and pick up some sort of physical exercise - I suggest swimming.

this level of hostility is pathetic. what's the need for it? i can't imagine any mentally-stable person reacting this way

You are probably reading to look smart or well learned. If you don't really enjoy it, you don't have to force yourself to read.
Reading won't necessarily make you better or worse person.

I am reading because reading more difficult material changes the structure of your mind. There are too many books in the world, which is why I agree with Harold Bloom that you should only read the very best.

Like when you're young and naive, you listen to adults talking and what they're saying doesn't make sense, so to does the mind that hasn't approached heavy literature process information. I read heavy literature, because I believe that when I read heavier literature, not only is it an accomplishment, but it also programs, wires my mind in a way that is conducive to processing more complex information.

This is the reason why I read these books, and also because I want the deepest, most spine chilling stories that I could possibly hope for. Your general tripe doesn't entertain me, and I, by nature, am always seeking deeper existential marvels. It's just the way I am wired, I am always seeking. This is why I read dense, classic, intimidating literature.

Lolita has the best cover :^)