Mustard is objectively in the top tier of condiments. If you don't like mustard, you are a tastelet

Mustard is objectively in the top tier of condiments. If you don't like mustard, you are a tastelet.

Other urls found in this thread:

honest-food.net/how-to-make-mustard-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pretty much this desu senpai

Agreed.
My favorite burger condiment (since childhood) is deli mustard mixed with some black pepper. So tasty. I had to clean out my condiment rack in the fridge, and I counted 8 different kinds of mustard. Apparently I'm a mustard hoarder.

I can find nothing wrong with this statement

thx guys i am glad there are others here with patrician taste

just a little bit tho, if you put to much it destroys everything else.

So what's your favorite mustard? Mine is estragon mustard since it goes so perfectly with bratwurst.

Ok, so let's talk about mustards! This is my all purpose favorite. But I like lots of different kinds, this is just the one I use the most.

of course mustard is objectively top tier. That's like saying water is wet and the sky is blue. Jesus fucking christ, isn't this board supposed to cater to people who know something about food?
pic unrelated

What does Colman's (or English mustard in general) taste like? Why do they have to be so contrarian and sell it in powdered form?

buy it and try it
it tastes like piss, but you might just like it

Strong. Will clear your nose if you have too much of it. It comes premixed in bongistan

The powdered Coleman's is really for cooking and adding as an ingredient to things. For example, I always add a pinch to my vinaigrette, and to my cheese sauces. But you can buy it in bottles, as a condiment too. It's a sharp mustard.

>powdered Coleman's.
this.

lol somehow forgot pic

I live in Norfolk, England, and I have to say that I prefer a whole grain mustard. "English" mustard is very much the sriracha of the yellow condiment world

I put mustard on my toast

Add some cheddar to that and yo got a great meal. Better yet add cheese, mustard and dark ale to a roux and bake it on toast. You have yourself a Welshs Rarebit. Great supper.

I've attached an image of what it looks like for reference - I'll remember to do it this time! My profile must be full of pictureless posts AND i'm on an imageboard!

Best,
Michael-Allen

Attached image: Welsh Rarebit

>beaver
they make a great creamed horseradish too

>mustardfags btfo

what am I looking at here

Good for potatoes, chicken, and winter fruit mostarda gelato in a dark chocolate and roasted black garlic meringue cup. That's it. All my uses for the condiment in liquid form.

Mustard is the best, it even makes the best bbq sauces.

the german version of horseradish i think

Eat it with crucifer veggies and it makes Sulforaphane. Pretty cool

>*Blocks your path*

Honey mustard
Stone ground
French's
Dijon
Beaver brand
And McD's mutha fuckin spicy mustatd

Why there isnt mustard shampoo, body wash,bar soap,or cologne/perfume personally boggles my mind.

lol virgins

You could have at least shooped it to say mustard, dork

>One burger, hold the mustard please

Stoneground mustard is my favorite.

"I weirdly obsess over this shitty condiment, if you don't like it you're a piece of garbage!"

Does anybody else put mustard on scrambled eggs? I feel like I'm the only one

"I'm posting on an imageboard dedicated to food and cooking and I find it bizarre that people decided to talk about their favorite condiment"

I fucking hate mustard

Can someone redpill me on how to enjoy it? [spoiler]Or am I stuck in tastelet hell forever?[/spoiler]

If you haven't had this with some pretzels then you're really missing out.

Well now I will. Definitely sounds worth trying. Better than ketchup anyway.

On a sausage. In potato salad. In coleslaw. On a burger. On a pastrami sandwich. Take your pick, and maybe start with something mild at first so you can get used to it without overpowering your palate. And don't expect to like the pure mustard flavor, just use as much as you need to enhance the flavors of whatever food you're eating. It might be easier to get used to it if you use it as an ingredient in a dressing (potato salad or coleslaw) instead of just slathering it straight up on a sausage or hotdog.

But if you don't like, you don't like it.

mustard is bad and gay and anyone who likes mustard is bad and gay

vinegrette or with some nice roast meat. heavy meat dishes really benefit with it. if you don't like the assertiveness make a simple mustard cream sauce or chicken in mustard

What is the rarest mustard

i disliked mustard when i was seven. have not tried it in over 20 years now. not even in cooking

I like mustard greens. Asian supermarkets usually have huge bundles on clearance and they're fresher than the tiny bundles for twice as much at honkie mayonnaise cracker stores.

I actually think mustard is disgusting and the worst condiment, but for some reason 99% of Veeky Forums worships it as top tier. Some people on Veeky Forums tell me I just haven't had "good" mustard, but I figured mustard is mustard. I've only had regular yellow mustard it taste like bitter shit. People tell me if you go by hipster fancy mustard then it tastes amazing.

Jarred Coleman's tastes like a cross between yellow mustard and wasabi

t. tastelets

Is buying a bottle of fancy french mustard worth it. Thinking about splurging on some.

Used to hate mustard and I'd only eat it on mcdick hamburgers (probably because they only put a couple drops).

Then I started to appreciate and even love mustard of all varieties. On sausage, sandwiches, ham, etc.

Now I'm kinda meh on it. It doesn't excite me anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions of some top-tier mustards that will reignite my love affaire with that yellow ambrosia?

Good mustard spread comes in jars. Maybe get some dry seeds and make it yourself.

Your photo, yeah I'd have to agree.

This however is putrid nasty shit.

>he doesn't love thick vinegar as a condiment
pleb

Jarred, bottled you know what I meant don't be so pedantic.

Try making South Carolina barbecue. Or have some with ketchup on a hot dog to evoke memory of childhood

This brand's Sweet Hot mustard is worth its weight in gold. Some of the best I've ever had.

is dijon worth buying?

There is nothing better than some potent, nostril burning brown mustard

>elitist mustard

my man
ajvar is ubermensch tier

its good but i can handle only a small amount otherwise whatever i put it on tastes more like mustard than the actual food

Bullshit

>Ajvar is a pepper-based condiment made principally from red bell peppers. It may also contain garlic, eggplant and chili peppers

Hmmmm....I usually dont like bell peppers, but I do like paprika. Might as well have another form of em. So I guess I'll try it - what is ajvar good on, anons?

The best

Has anyone on Veeky Forums made their own mustard? I've tried a few times with varying results but overall wasn't too pleased

used this article when making it honest-food.net/how-to-make-mustard-2/