$200 knife for $20

>$200 knife for $20

This a good deal or am I being punked?

It's more like a 120 dollar knife, the extra cost is import

It's a crap knife, user. So many red flags in that description.

Really wish people would be slightly less vague when making these sorts of comments.

OK, I can elaborate:
1) brand name nobody has ever heard of before
2) "Engrish" grammar in the description and "international" in the company name. That implies cheap Chinese rubbish.
3) The text tells you that it's "two times harder" because it contains twice as much carbon. That's just plain nonsense. The carbon content does not determine hardness--the heat treatment does.
4) The grade of steel specified is just generic "stainless".
5) Text calls it a santoku but the blade shape is obviously not

more like
>$15 knife for $20 that they listed as $200 to trick the goyim into thinking it's a great deal

Oh, and I forgot to mention some more:
6) Title is loaded with clickbait like "razor sharp" "for home or restaurant", "cyber monday" etc. That's way too tryhard. A legit listing won't be loaded with that crap.
7) The massive discount. That's not a $200 knife discounted to $20. That's a $20 knife that someone is baiting people into buying thanks to the absurd "discount". Legit merchandise might go on sale from time to time but that big of a "discount" on an item that nobody has ever heard of before is a huge red flag.

>ULTRA SHARP
>DURABLE
>PROFESSIONAL
>LIFETIME GUARANTEE
>MULTIPURPOSE

Also thats not a santoku like it says under size and weight.

You can freely define all the prices as Amazon seller. Also look at his other offers.

It's a chink and most of these reviews are bought

Also google his name on European Amazon which actually has to display the sellers adress.

He's probably also evading sales tax in the US.

I guess I accidentally cropped that part out but it's not "generic" steel. It's German Solingen 4116 High Carbon Stainless.

It's a similar metal to the one I use in my straight razor that I have not had to sharpen nor hone once since I got it 2 years ago.

Well shit.

I would add
"Razor Sharp, etc. etc." all the way to "Cyber Monday & Christmas Day" is right there in the item title, making me question whether this was ever a thing that was sold for $200 in, say, July.

4116 is a very generic grade of stainless. It's one of the most commonly used worldwide for general purpose applications. It's not a "blade steel". That's the point of my comment: They're talking about 4116 as though it's something special but it's really not.

Solingen is a city in Germany that was famous for its knifemaking industry back in the days before the Industrial Revolution. I'm not sure why they mentioned it because it has nothing whatsoever to do with a grade of stainless. They're probably just name-dropping "Solingen" since it's famous in the knife world. I'm surprised they didn't work "Sheffield" or "Seiki City" in there too somewhere too.

It was never. You can freely edit price & salesprice. I think the lightning deal price has to be 15% under the average sales price of the last 30 days.

Thanks for the info. Cancelled the order.

These chinks are ok for some cheap stuff. Just don't expect anything to be certified and/or tested. even if it says so on the label.

Chan Chi Kee (commonly abbreviated CCK) is Chinese and they make some damn fine knives. Google them and you will see function over form. They are very well regarded online, even among knife collectors and gearfags. So yeah, China can make decent knives. But this is not it.

This crap is utter rubbish that's made to look pretty.

Better at that point to just get a Kiwi knife, I would think.

eh, for 20 bucks it would have been a pretty good deal. That micarta grip is pretty sweet. One of the best handle materials you can get.

If you're going to spend over 200$ on a knife for the kitchen or not you should get one custom made.

The handle really is the most important part of a knife.

> "Engrish" grammar in the description and "international" in the company name. That implies cheap Chinese rubbish.
What's wrong with the grammar there? Can somebody elaborate?

The value of the knife is 20 dollars and the cost of the knife is 20 dollars. Enjoy the quality of a 20 dollar knife

Almost fell for this knife too OP, it says 200 bucks but it's normally listed at 50. If you look at the 1 star reviews the handle and steel are of low quality.

Kinda mad that says "Best Seller" too, Amazon should take more care about this stuff.

Run on sentences and weird word choice.

They don't and it's killing their market.
Soon it's going to be Ebay junkyard-tier.