Oven Burgers

Every day at work I cook burgers in a fucking oven and I hate it. I'm not flipping them like McDonalds, I am told to literally just shove them on a tray, and leave them there for 10 minutes.

They're bland, tasteless and just fucking shit. I shove them into a hot drawer and leave them for up to two hours incase anyone orders, because they want us to be fast. It's so demoralising. Even worse I charge up to £14 for these, depending on if anyone wants bacon, or cheese added. In the case of cheese I put on a slice of cheddar and microwave both of them for like 20 seconds.

I'd be prouder serving a Mcdonalds burger. I've tried this shit and it has nothing going for it but that it can make me ashamed to cook. I asked my managers, I can't even add salt or pepper, nevermind a little bit of the cumin, paprika, garlic or onions I see the kitchen staff using.

I'm a man that loves burgers but these practices kill me.

What is the name of the restaurant you work at?

So get a job at another restaurant. Jesus.

James Martin Kitchen. A place that a famous Chef here is literally being paid to have his name on the door. To dupe people into thinking they're getting quality. It's less of a restaurant, more of a cafe with pretense. And it's disgusting. More than half the people have no training or education in food other than a half hour health and safety course taken online. Me included.

It's a place that requires a security pass to work at. If I leave outside of staying a year they'll fine me for their effort in recommending me.

Do you want to

A: earn a wage cooking food for someome else

or

B: make gourmet burgers that are your recipe to your standards

You cant have it both ways unless you work at a mom and pop restaurant and have been there long enough for the owners to trust you. Its like working at Target and complaining that the clothes are made cheap

>flipping them like McDonalds
>McDonalds
>flipping burgers
stopped reading there.

considering its in an airport, call in an anonymous bomb threat, and then request to quit on the basis of ptsd. probably won't work because they don't have any workers rights in the uk, in that case call in a real bomb threat.

they got robots or some shit to flip 'em now?

I at least want to season the fuckers. I can get them for half price, or free if nobody is looking, and even then I'd never eat them.

Tbh I've never been behind the scenes in Mcdonalds, I was saying that in the metaphorical sense. But at least they have a grill of sorts. More flavour too, at a cheaper price.

But again its up to whoever signs your paycheck. Service industry mang. Serve the food.

i didn't know that. if thats true i apologize. all i could find was some shitty advertising for "flippy" though.

no need to apologize, I was just asking

ok

they have a grill with roof part that comes down to cook the top and bottom at the same time.

this

also are people still buying and enjoying them? (no doubt yes)

so why get your panties in a bunch

just fucking make the food and serve it, it's what you're paid to do

you really shouldn't sell out your beliefs to be a wageslaves, and if you believe you should, you are a slave to more than wages.

McDonald's doesn't flip their burgers, they cook them in an automatic clamshell. Like a giant Forman grill.

I followed this advice and now I'm broke

I've heard of a thing like that and I'm genuinely considering trying it. Maybe if I oil the bottom of a clean tray and use it to the same effect at the top of a burger. I can at least get some of the frying effect and heat needed to make a burger taste like it should.

People enjoy them, but at the same time my place gets terrible reviews and it embarrasses me. Either we need to change the prices, or the way we cook them. I asked about at least putting salt and pepper on the pre-prepared patties and got told no.

well, its not for everyone.

solution:don't get a job at a shit place making shit food to begin with if you really believe that

go broke and end up on the street clutching to your morals

THANKS FOR TELLING ME NOW

Don't, just cook your burgers on a regular grill. The only reason McDonald's uses that system is so that they don't actually have to train their employees to actually cook.

We don't have a grill, though. I'd love a grill. We have a convection oven and that's it. The burgers come in packs of 10, we can fit 8 of them on a metal tray without them touching too much to the point where they combine.

Sucks to be you, then.

Christ on a crutch, it gets even worse. Not only are the burgers cooked in an oven, and not seasoned, but they are fucking premade too?

That's why I'm so annoyed. We have to prep every night for the morning shift, which involves about 30 of these trays of back bacon. 16 trays of steaky bacon. I'd at least not care about making the 8 trays of burgers if they gave me a spec, and I could make so many trays with seasoned ground beef. Instead of just opening a pack of terrible premade patties and just laying them down.

>the fate of spongebob after crusty krab closed down

Easy fix find his email or his twitter and tell him whats going on and that you work there tell him the food is shit and its getting complaints

>sell out your beliefs

No dummy. OP wants to get paid but he doesnt want to do what his boss wants him to. This isnt an ethics issue. And just wondering, what do you do for work? And is there not one SINGLE thing that you would like to change that is out of your control

Here's what you need to do, OP.
Stop taking your work home.
Don't get emotionally invested in a bullshit job you won't have a year from now. Yeah, the way they make their burgers sucks, but that's their problem, it's their system and it's not a reflection on you. Find something else in life that satisfies you, do your time at this shitty job and dump it for something better when you get the chance.
It's just a fucking job.

Well he came in the other day and ordered a burger. He did it very clandestine and didn't tell us. Then later posted about it on twitter.

I want to work harder, that's what. I want to create food that people are happy to eat. I want them to enjoy what I give them.
I didn't even mention that the burgers don't even come with fries. We're talking £9.50 for a single burger, $12.50. No fries, nothing. Just lettuce, mayo (with added sriracha), tomato, and a """relish""" which is just heinz ketchup with chopped gherkins.

"My sandwiches are as fresh as you like..."
"Proper British Food..."

>kek

That's how I cooked them at the homeless shelter to feed 250+, I at least put salt, pepper, and Gallic powder on them (homeless people are very picky eaters).

Right man but if youre that passionate about it you gotta choose between getting cut a paycheck and doing something youre passionate about.

I fucking hate my job at the moment. But, I have a 5-10 year plan that is going to allow me to do what I want eventually. So for the time being I do whatever my employer wants me to do. It isnt food related but the same idea applies.

In short, I feel your pain about doing something every single day that could be done better with only a couple minor tweaks. But at the same time if youre going to cash the checks that your employer writes you SHUT THE FUCK UP or go out and become an entrepreneur

Oven burgers is a joke that has gone way too far.

Youre the reason service industry wages are so low

Yeah, it's all part of my evil plot.

Well I do hope in the future this experience will allow me to open my own business. The kicker is that I applied to make coffee. The job I applied to said Starbucks. I wanted to work there. But it's a franchise that owns many companies. So I found out at the end I'd be cooking burgers and chicken breast sandwiches.

Its the attitude.

>ill just be a shit employee for six months till i find a job that pays 25 cent more an hour and just repeat the process because my manager is a dick (and its definitely not the fact that im a giant faggot who cant hold a job)

Everybody does their time in the trenches, user. If you've got even a hint of talent and drive you'll move on to something better.

I have no idea what you just said. Can you explain a little better?

No, it really is part of my plot. I'm an evil communist agent.

Not him, but the food places in most airports are franchises owned by one company that has a contract with the airport. You may apply to one place specifically, but you're an employee of the larger company and they can move you around at will.

So hes a cook at an airport and bitching about food quality. Wonderful

>Then later posted about it on twitter.

looks fine

get the fuck over it or leave your job

also:
>nevermind a little bit of the cumin, paprika, garlic or onions I see the kitchen staff using.

you don't even work in the kitchen?

you sound like such an insufferable whiny little bitch

It tastes worse than it looks.

And the kitchen don't cook. They make cold foods like salads and sandwiches. It's a backwards system.

see:>insufferable whiny little bitch