How many books are within ten feet of you right now?

How many books are within ten feet of you right now?

For myself, I tally something in the neighborhood of ~430 in the shelves or stacked on the desk of my own room.

Pictured is one of the places I idly purchase books from on a regular basis in my region.

They're relatively inexpensive, but they do keep track of scarcity of editions, so it can creep up depending on title, they also possess a titanic inventory.

Thats a beautiful shop OP, you're lucky. I dig the natural light and iron heater especially.

My room is 10x10 soooo. There's probably ~350 books 'round me right now. No, you can't have a picture.

wow what a quaint shop

now, witness the power of a real bookseller (pic rel.)

where's the love :(

20ish, I only keep my favorite books in my room.
Probably 40 in the library room.

ca. 450. About 1200 in the apartment.

Counting thw fantasy and YA books I rrad when I was 12-13 I would say 250. Without the older ones, about 120.

what is a YA book?

yaoi

Enough, for now.

idk because im not a pretentious pseud

of course you are you just couch it in an overcompensating disdain for physical media

i'm not home right now, i'm at my old bedroom in my grandparents house. two books on the radiator next to me and seven stacked on the desks, those are all the ones i brought with me.

Because he sucked cock

I live in a one-room apartment. I've got one room, one hall(way), one bathroom and one kitchen.

~300

Looks comfy. More pics please.

Around 266 physical books, and 1069 ebooks.
I wish I had more books, but I get books in my mother tongue from a library, and I mostly download books written in English from the Internet, since they are usually quite expensive where I live, and at the same time it is easy to find them on the Internet.

I'm traveling for a week, so 4

I sit nex to the shelf, on the ground.

i have a huge ebook library, so like 18000

>within ten feet of you right now?
i'm in my home office so behind me there's a bookcase full of technical and work-related books and there's a little bookcase near the door that has a couple of shelves of travel guides etc and graphic novels. In total a few dozen books maybe.

the bookcase behind me also has a few random oversized books that wouldn't fit anywhere else. among them are julian cope's the modern antiquarian, the complete moomins deluxe edition, and a book about erotic photography.

pic unrelated

you know that's not in the spirit of being next to any books

I honestly don't know the number and I do not wish to count.

Look at that slut with the shoulder of her shirt off

What a whore

suit yourself?

love? not on an anonymous internet message board, not from me. i will crush you beneath my boot. if you want platitudes and pretty words you can go literally anywhere else - post your shit on facebook, talk to your mom, join a book club. if you do want to meet up irl though i'd be happy to fuck your shit up so hmu

*mic drop* btfo faggot

btw what i wanted to say was that your bookstore looks like fag shit, bunch of old edgar allan poe shit with a wood stove

she's a total fucking babe. the messy bun w/ the loose wisps of hair, the oversized shirt, just admit it rofl

not many, 30-40 maybe? I tend to sell books when I'm done and download the digital version.

sure those 430 books look nice now, but wait until its a few years down the line and youre moving from apartment to apartment, those books quickly become a burden.

I have a smaller version of this in my city. All the good stuff is picked over and you can never find shit. Even the owner has to take a guess where I will find something. We spent 20 minutes looking for Goethe and I ended up finding a single copy of Faust in a pile of German plays in the back.

I don't always roleplay on the internet, but when I do it's as an incomprehensibly aggressive boor.