$26 for the next week

I have $26 to spend on food for the next week. What are some cheap food and sauces I can make? I have some pasta, a bunch of spices, and a couple cans of crushed tomatoes. I honestly just want some pasta dishes and sauces that are cheap and yield enough to last me a few days each.

Also we need to make more verticals to add to the booru. All of these are kinda old.

>26$
>inplying it's little money for a weeks worth while having all basic stuff around

Just look some pasta sauces up, retard. Carbonara, Arrabiato, plain tomato sauce, ham and cream, make tortellini froms scratch with eft ham and bacon, etc.

I have been looking up sauces, but thanks for the Carbonara. Haven't made that in a while and that's stupidly easy to make. I just need to buy some cheese and bacon. I've never made Arrabiata sauce before though. Seems easy enough.

>Capitalizing random words
>EPIC NOMS!
Why?

It's from the booru. Seems like it was made in 2013, which is still kinda late for EPIC NOMS.

I usually spent 10€ per week you rich bastard.

i spent at least 200€ a week but i mostly buy organic shit, since i can afford it. don't be cheap on food, all the processed garbage ain't good for your health.

rice, lentils, chickpeas, oatmeal, beans. lot's of carbs but all of them are cheap, specially rice and lentils and are filling. you can make a lentil curry, chili, etc. buy wholegrain rice, it's rich in nutrients and also you stay full longer.

if you'd buy both, a 1kg or rice and 1kg lentils you'd spend maybe 5$.

onions are cheap as well as garlic. rest is personal preference.

That can make a week's worth of food so long as you make everything from scratch and buy cheap bulk stuff. Just don't plan on eating any meat.

vintage Veeky Forums

Buy like 2-3 dozen eggs, rice, cheep bread/tortilas
You'll be fine

>processed garbage

But processed garbage is really expensive, I wish I could afford that.

lol what?

you aren't wrong but in the regard of having instantly available food it's cheap and convinient. look at shit like wagner pizza, 3€ and you get 2 frozen pizzas in a pack and you could basically live of shit like that.

i'm curious though, what can you eat with 10€ a week, with my only requirement being that every second day it has to be a different dish?
i honestly can't think of anything. also having stuff like onions in stock doesn't count, if we are talking about cooking something

>a whole can of tomato paste

do people really fucking do this?

Something like
Baked potatoes + cheap pork
Chicken soup
Pasta with cheap version of bolognese (no wine)
Should be around that price, each dish should last about 2 days, add bread, milk and seasonal fruit for remaining money.

>with my only requirement being that every second day it has to be a different dish?

Well, to start with, that's not a requirement for me.
I eat pasta 3-4 days, salads and cheap meat, some ramen, beans and rice.

buy two steaks and starve for the rest of the week.

supercook.com

avoid buying avocados or many limes

This is an amazing website. Thanks user.

Oatmeal 3
Butter 3
Milk 2
Bananas 2
Flour 2
Eggs 2
Bread 3

A bag of rice and a bag of beans or canned corn+beans

There’s breakfast and dinner for a week. Lunch too if you get creative. Onions and potatoes are cheap add ons too.

Could add some carrots and broccoli for 1.50 ea

potatos aren't expensive, forgot about that. im curious about the meat prices. everything self made?

how many pasta recipies do you rotate through?

desu i haven't actually done any book keeping on groceries ever since i started earning well. i'm sure i could go all jewy on it but meat alone is rather expensive. i buy 1/2kg of whatever and it lasts me usually a day, maybe two. chicken breasts costs roughly 5€ if it ain't organic, double if it is. i don't like pork that much but love beef which is the most expensive obviously. i guess most of my cash goes out the window for good tomatos, meat and organic dairy products.

i made a cheap pasta sauce with canned tomatoes, tomato puree, onions, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and basilicum but it kinda tastes bad. did i miss any stuff?

Heavy cream. Use concentrated tomato paste instead of puree. It's fruiter and thickens it all.

oatmeal for sure, fills me till dinnertime most days

y i meant that instead of puree. its still bland

Add more. I usually use enough so that it thickens the sauce to a nice cream and stretch it out again with cream. All that sugar in the tomato concentrate will make it tasty. Otherwise add some sweet and hot paprica powder.

i never find anything sweet in tomatoes. only more sourness.

Check their nutritional values, user. They are like candy. Next time take like 100g of tomato paste (3x concentrated) put into pan with water (100ml) and dissolve, add more water as it thickens while getting hot till it gets pudding consistency. Add salt, pepper, paprica, oregano, basilicum, two diced fresh tomatoes and like 50ml or more of heavy creame till it gets the consistency you would like. Boil up once so the tomatoes get a bit soft.

It's super sweet and savory at the same time.

Cont. Stuff I'm talking about pic related, they also come in small cans. Maybe you're just using one with an too low concentration.

I've seen this in a lot of American recipes, pasta, pizza sauce and they never add any sugar or extra water to thin it out which makes me think that their tomato paste might be different because tomato paste in Europe is really strong and concentrated and there is no way you could enjoy pasta sauce that's made with a whole can of tomato paste.

>adding sugar to tomato paste
wat

The reason is that you are newer than the image

I would buy some sweet potatoes and roast them for at least 2 hours or until they're caramelized. Japanese sweet potatoes are good with just some cinnamon sprinkled on top, the orangey sweet potatoes are good with a little bit of brown sugar and cinnamon.
Really minimal breakfast that doesn't require eggs or milk.

Amerifag here. Most of the recipes I see call for using tomato SAUCE not tomato paste. Those that do call for paste usually have other ingredients in it that would thin the paste out. I don't think I've ever seen a recipe that called for paste alone with nothing to dilute it.

As for the types of paste, I use the normal kind sold here fairly often in various dishes. It is certainly cooked down into a thick paste, but I know it's not as strong as some European brands. My local butcher sells an Italian brand that comes in a squeeze tube, sort of like . That stuff is much stronger than the standard American paste. However, it does say "doppio" on it, which I think means "double". As in "double concentrated". I don't know if that's standard for Euro brands or if that one product is extra-strong.

>cheap meals
>japanese sweet potatoes
I too like to recommend avcados and lemons to the poor.

if you go with just the plain old yams they sell at ur grocery its not too bad. Lemme think 50 freedom cents on the pound for russets and 98 freedom cents on the pound for yams at the grocery I shop at. The rec is good but not the japanese part lol

Pic related above is 3x concentrated, which is the most widely spread at least in germany but you can get the double ones as well. I use the 3x conc. due to economics. It's the same price for more tomato and less water and tehy are great to have around for a quick dish.

Hell, I live in a smallish town in Texas, and there are two shops here which carry Japanese sweet potatoes. They are more expensive than yams but not by much.

Given that context I'd say the typical American stuff that comes in cans is more like a "1x" concentrate. It's definitely less concentrated than the Italian "doppio" (2x) that I buy.

>>tehy are great to have around for a quick dish.
Agreed. I keep a few small cans of the normal extract in my pantry and I have a tube of the 2x in my fridge at all times. If I'm following a recipe I use the cans, but the tube is great because you often need just a little tomato for something and it's easy to stick the lid back on it. A very convenient product, no waste, etc.

>but love beef which is the most expensive obviously.

I haven't eaten beef in years. I only eat pork and chicken. I buy chicken for 1,5-2€, lasts one day or a little more. I buy pork for 1,5€, lasts 1 day and half. Spending 5€ on anything would be a luxury for me.

>tfw you cant even get 12 mcdoubles in canada for 26$

Ramen + Sriracha
Minute rice
Budget bag of potatoes

ur set for whole end of month

>pure carbohydrates
How about no. There are tousands of easy and more nutrial dishes to make on his budget tha eating practically chicken feed.