I feel like Veeky Forums needs a reminder: THIS IS A Veeky Forums BOARD...

i feel like Veeky Forums needs a reminder: THIS IS A Veeky Forums BOARD. maybe don't take recommendations solely from people who call each other niggers on other boards. that's not to say everything praised/"praised" here is garbage, just branch out a little

What??? You mean there's hiveminds everywhere ???

this

they're shit irl

I have unironically been introduced to some truly great literature on this board. Without Veeky Forums I wouldn't know about Borges, for example.

do you live under a fucking rock?

shut up nigger lol you fukkin faggot

It's even worse when you know who's behind the screen. They're hideous and atrocious.

No, I'm American. In all my years of talking about literature nobody has brought up Borges in conversation. These days if anyone brings him up, it's me. I have to go out of my way to mention Borges in literature discussions with my fellow Americans. Very few people seem to know him in the US.

I'm sorry but literally all your friends and family are retarded. This is like if nobody in your immediate social circle knew what Kepler's laws were.

what are kepler's laws?

America is insanely illiterate man. I guarantee if I brought up Borges to 100 randomly selected Americans that no more than five of them would know who he is

nonsense, Veeky Forums is the only education people need and staffed by the most qualified people

>OP takes himself seriously

This is not unique to America. I live in yurrap and no one I know reads or knows anything about literature.

I think people are just varying degrees of stupid everywhere.
However, American stupid people really do outshine stupid Yurrapians and Azns.

tbf Veeky Forums is one of the least racist boards.

There is just a shift of focus. We don't hate niggers because of their skin tone or disproportionate violent crime rates, but because they are plebs.

True but I'm willing to bet that the percentage of Europeans that know about Borges is not significantly higher than Americans.

why do you want your fellow countrymen to be as jaded and pathetic as you?

Yeah, but your friends aren't just random people, so if none of them knows Borges you're a fucking pleb by association.

Self-organizing patterns

the modern world doesnt revolve around literature, and if it still does revolve around ideas set in literature it "they" do not know it.

>that's not to say everything praised/"praised" here is garbage

it kind of is though

The people on this board are unironically more intelligent than 99% of the rest of Veeky Forums. Our recommendations come from a position of knowing, not scattershot pandering to tastes of biases.

>The people on this board are unironically more intelligent than 99% of the rest of Veeky Forums

I tend to find them significantly dumber. I mean, they THINK they're more intelligent sure, but that's kind of what makes them dumb.

It's pretty to think so.

I disagree, Veeky Forums has an overall decent taste in literature and a surprisingly high number of posts on this board are not moronic and often intelligent and helpful.

The memes are fairly entertaining, I suppose. Veeky Forums can't compete with boards like /int/ when it comes to fresh and spicy memes, but you'd expect that from a slower board.

I'm fond of the 'bread and butter' Veeky Forums memes such as "the meme trilogy", "start with the Greeks" and so on, and especially fond of the more esoteric memes such as pic related.

>memes
kyf

daily reminder that this is who you're discussing with

>Veeky Forums is filled with intellectuals! we're the best of society right hur!

sage
we are better at typing drunk than most other boards, it's true.

>Heh, the Classics sure are a seekret!