I feel like a lot of people on this board need to read this

I feel like a lot of people on this board need to read this.

Not being ironic.

This board wouldn't exist if they did because they'd be able to think for themselves, so the survival of this community hinges on ignorance.

Just started this. It's insightful thus far.

How could you read a book to teach you how to read a book? Sounds like a catch 22.

this is a plot hole in Lovecraft's "The Outsider" -- the narrator teaches himself to read from books (??!)

I know that Huey P. Newton taught himself how to read by memorising Poetry orally, then buying a big-ass book of poems, figuring out which poem was on each page, and then reciting them to himself, while dragging his finger along the page, learning by rote which squiggles represented which words. He kept doing this for like a year, before he could read well enough to advance onto harder shit.

this. i'm gonna need a tv adaptation

listen to the audio book. that's what everyone on Veeky Forums means when they say they """read""" a book anyway

It assumes you've made it up to a 6th grade education, or at least 6th grade reading level, and the title is essentially the literary equivalent of clickbait. Really, it should be titled something like, "How to Read Books more effectively" or "How to Learn From, and Enjoy Great Books" because that's what you're going to get from it.

And yeah, it's hard to disagree with OP because it lays down countless intuitive guidelines on how to teach yourself how to be less of a pseud

>pass user since 2017
woah

Give me an example of the kind of insight you gained from this book.

What does that say about your posting here?

Adler wrote what amounted to a mix of cuck and napoleon complex psychology, i fucking love that plucky lil jew

Wait I'm thinking of Alfred Adler, disregard that post i suck cocks

>ass user

Yay advice on how to read "books".

Just the right thing for the strong individuals on Veeky Forums and their constant need to read more. Read more of what? Why, more books! And read them the right way too. What man worth his salt wouldn't "read books"?

Thanks for posting this OP, sound advice right there. Now people can read more books -- the intelligent way.

Truth be told I just wish sometmes there was a manual on what to read besides canon. The books in those lists can be so boring sometimes, ugh. I just wish Bloom read more philosophy, it's my favorite genre. Maybe I could finally choose between Aristotle and Plato then, it's so hard to tell who's right sometimes.

Now if you excuse me, I must go read more books. Today -- Dostoevsky.

>A a user since 2017, let me tell you ...
Here we go

I don't get it.

Didn't help him though

I know

He's right tho you know.

Its le ironic humor of someone holds extremely left-wing views and tries to defame anyone form the opposite side. Its extremely childish but he thinks he is making history. But that's what you get when you're brainwashed from your childhood to prep the bull

Do you have the reading comprehension of a fifth grader? He was alluding to the aspect of impersonality, not cis white males.

Tell me why I should bother. I already read books, with some success. Why would I spend time reading this book when I could be reading other books?

IF YOU DONT READ THIS WAY THEN UR READIN WRONG
TRUST US WERE DUTCH OR SOMETHING

Would someone who has read it be kind to summarize it?

It's best to actually go through it yourself. I'm probably gonna re-read it but I remember going through it back when I was in high school. One of the things I remember from it is that he emphasized "active" reading and talked about ways to achieve it. Different strategies to stay focused, how you should be trying to interpret and understand the text instead of whizzing past paragraph after paragraph without really absorbing any information.

Welcome, newfriend. Your post is A-OK, despite people's contrarian remarks.