What region has the best Barbecue?

East Carolinas. Vinegar is the way to go.

I live in Western NC but I prefer Eastern style. That said, none of these styles are bad at all.

This

First post best post

Eastern for sure.

Vinegar and tomato are good.

Mustard is garbage

I'm fine with any of those except the mustard

Mustard sauce is the best though.
I don't really like mustard because it's too strong, but mustard sauce is great

what is the mustard cut with?

Kansas City

Heroin

Vinegar, Sugar and several different spices.
The Germans that the sauce originates from used Beer, but it's not used very much anymore

During my trip in Goa India, I had many barbecue sauces that shit over the American ones I've had, so Indian is best I guess.

>that shit over
You were in India alright

It only tastes good because it was in comparison to the smell of the street

Texas

question

do the boarder areas have a combination styles?

>haiyah welcum tah gates, how maiya ah hep' ya?

They don't mix, they just scatter throughout and it differs from person/family.
So its less like dumping a thing of blue and red paint into one bucket, and more like dumping a cup of blue and red beeds together if that makes sense.

lexington-style bbq (i.e. "western style"), hands down.

oklahoma

Agreed

God I can't wait to visit Stamey's when I come home for Christmas. New Englanders can't barbeque for shit.

i was born and raised in the 'boro and it's the easily the thing i crave the most since moving away. nyc bbq is a fucking joke. (cook-out is a close second for things i miss)

yeah that makes sense
that being said, vinegar & pepper, light tomato, mustard is a p. good combo

Ye

Vinegar BBQ produces the best results when done properly but is also has the lowest-lows when done poorly. I cannot count the number of times Ive been invited to have somebody's "signature" or "family recipe" pulled pork and its basically just been boiled pork with vinegar and hotsauce.

Born and raised in the vinegar region of NC so I have my bias, but mustard-based is too good to pass up. One of the best pulled pork sandwiches was molasses-based in Richmond, have yet to taste one as good as that.

I live in the heavy tomato region though most places here have both tomato and mustard to choose from.

My favourite is a mustard base with a lot of vinegar. There is a BBQ place a few blocks from me that does a mustard sauce exactly like that

Vinegar pepper > Everything else >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alabama Mayo based semen sauce

D.C. here. I got bbq last weekend cuz there's a newish place within walking distance and they had a huge variety of sauces so I got some mustard, some East Carolina vinegar, some garlic (and a bit spicy), and some plain mild. All were good. Nice to be able to choose all the options and rotate if you want. They also have blue cheese that I haven't tried.

Where's Texas on this map? Dr. Pepper sauce with some Salt Lick dry rub gets my texican clit pulsing

captcha: sweetwater short

which ever one is the sweet smoky one
why?
because that's the one people eat all around the country, and therefore is objectively the one people prefer

>btw I'm a girl

I had a dream about Bad Brad's last night. Fuck this gay earth. Probably gonna hit Van's Pig Stand tomorrow.

Best OK bbq?

I just used the Carolina regions as the picture. I couldn't find a picture that included every region in the USA

Eastern Carolina by far. I used to always stop and get some nice BBQ on the way to the beach with my family every year, I'm sure the place is shut down now but holy shit that BBQ was amazing. Lexington style isn't bad though.

Ayyy, who knew so many people from Greensboro browsed Veeky Forums

vinegar, mustard is fine.

tomato based is not bbq. weird faggot shit

>I just used the Carolina regions as the picture. I couldn't find a picture that included every region in the USA

carolina BBQ and non carolina BBQ is not the same thing and doesn't apply to each other

people in kansas, texas etc use barbecues to make smoked meat, they do not eat BBQ.

autism

its not remotely similar food. carolina bbq is pork and is stone/brick wood smoked in a pit. kansas/texas barbecue is beef and made in mobile metal smokers pulled behind a truck

Country Barbecue on Wendover is pretty legit as well.

..... I didn't know you knew every single establishment and company in carolina kansas and texas... you must have two rolodex.

autistic AND retarded

thanks for the (You)

have two.

yeh-ya-ye-yu-ye-YEAAAAHHHHHH

that's the sound from "The Shield" if you ever watched the tv show "The Shield"

I like mustard a lot. I love bbq in general. Most disappointing is always brisket. It's just not that gud. Pork or tri tip is the way to go

A little too tryhard user...

if you understood the sound you would be happy right now, you should go watch the show "The Shield"

okay

Having been to all these regions and tried their bbq, you are absolutely retarded. Texas BBQ isn't pulled behind a truck and they can make pork OR beef in Texas. But either way it's meat cooked with indirect heat produced from wood. You are a god damn retard and there's a 110% chance you are a braindead retarded carolina resident who thinks his state is anything but the flyover shithole that it is.

Vinegar.
Though you can totally find vinegar BBQ in spades in Western NC.

>carolinas
>flyovers

LOL, half of everything in america of all sorts comes from the carolinas

>durr blurr hurr i ate this and this

and you're from ohio, a true flyover, right?

The Carolinas are literally not a flyover state friend

>half of everything in america of all sorts comes from the carolinas
Come on, its not flyover, but lets not overstate the importance of upside down Virginia and its more hick brother.

Yes they are. You fly over them when going between the Northeast and Florida.

Is that the one beside the strip club?

NC is just a flyover state....nothing to see here...keep on moving folks....

stay out....

North Carolina is the 10th most populated State, Friend.

Regardless, that last poster is a fucking retard.

florida is flyover, cleetus. you fly over it on your way to the caribbean and south america.

if it's not within walking distance of an Acela stop, or in San Francisco proper, or walking distance of a BART station or a CalTrain stop, it's flyover. yes that includes you, SoCal. cager suburbs mashed together in a big valley = flyover-by-the-sea.

the east coast is honestly irrelevant famalam

that must be why every time I'm out there, I notice everyone's workday is shifted by 2 hours in a futile attempt to keep up with the center of the universe

you guys remind me of those back offices in like Bangalore or whatever, where an entire city lives the graveyard shift. of course you have somewhat more dignity than that, since you don't offset your day by the full amount, but if you mattered you'd start the work day when you pleased and others would work around that

never been to country barbecue, i might try it next time i'm home. but desu stamey's is the best and idk if i'll ever betray it.

Do you thin bbq pits are only found Carolina? What fuck

I thought brisket was just meh until I had good brisket. I think it's just harder to get perfect.

Eastern NC

Yup. Christies.

We here, boi. We here.

Autism at its finest.

Slightly biased because of where I grew up, but Mustard based is based. Only on pork though, otherwise you need one of the others.

So many people give a shit about this I can't believe the UN isn't voting on it.