Any of y'all niggas use broth or other liquids besides water to poach eggs? Like making a soup/sauce and poaching in it?

Any of y'all niggas use broth or other liquids besides water to poach eggs? Like making a soup/sauce and poaching in it?

What's the results?

Tomato sauce is amazing to poach eggs.

chicken broth
GOAT

Are you talking about shakshuka or something else?

All my soups are egg-drop soups -- and I eat soup every day. Since the flavor is mostly in the yolk, I usually separate it, blend the white with the soup, and then drop the yolk as soon as I pour the food into my bowl and it has created a nice, thin layer of "foam" and extra seasoning (garlic/onion granules, pepper, paprika and a touch of salt) for the yolk to rest on. Heats up under, perfectly runny over, that spoonful of seasoned creaminess is the stuff of dreams.

That sounds really good. I meant just poaching your egg in your sauce though when making something like shakshuka

Im craving fucking soup now, thanks a fucking lot.

Yeah sometimes I just poach them on top of caldo Verde or ramen as its finishing. Pretty gud.

talking about cooking eggs in hot tomato sauce

Do that constantly. Who doesn't?

yeah i throw whatever leftover meat i have in some broth with whatever onions i have and some some garlic, a fuckton of chinese 5 spice powder and a then poach a couple eggs on top. Add some cock sauce and hoisin and its like some kind of poor man's ramen pho delicious thing.

i've actually never even tried this. is it good?

Oh, yeah.

>who doesn't?
Are you fucking retarded?

Milk with coriander

I don't think so, but then again...

Half vinegar half salty water. Literally no other way is worth doing when poaching eggs, you'll never go back.

What's the point of a poached egg? It seems like a lot of work compared to scrambling, frying, or just boiling an egg.

>Half vinegar half salty water
I bet that clears the sinuses.

I love a good poached egg on top of my Shin Ramyun

>Half vinegar half salty water
Just like ur mum's pussy

The texture of the white is extra silky and it's much easier to cook evenly without compromising the runny yolk at all

do eggs really absord much flavor at all? even if you dunk it in spice it always seems like it never penetrates past the surface to me

I drop an egg on top of ramen a few minutes before its done. lift the egg with a slotted spoon, pour the noodles and sauce into a bowl then place the egg straight back on top. delicious

I do peppered cream for poached eggs served with english muffins or thick cut sour dough toasted.

Sounds like a quick lighter pepper hollandaise.