The Kindle

AKA A waste of money. What do you guys think about it? Like I said I personally believe it's a waste of money. I have to spend 100 bucks on a stupid ass device and I still got to buy the books? Why not just buy the books themselves?

Yeah, I regret buying one. It's sterile and useless. I love the way books feel, smell and sho and sho on...

Yeah! And on top of that youo have to read them! What a waste of money.

What a fucking waste of money reading is, honestly I only bought the kindle to read my Mangas.

I don't know if this is a troll but you don't have to buy the books. So no, it is not a waste of money.

Yes you do, there are some free books, but they're all garbage. Most of the books on the kindle you have to either do the subscription or buy them. Might as well just buy the books themselves.

Every torrented book is free, retard.

You sound ignorant. The only books I am not able to consistently find free are scholarly works is niche fields, and then I go to the library. I have never bought an ebook.

Also
>Why not just buy the books themselves?

Some of us are not poor highschoolers who are just buying their first copy of 1984. I have hundreds of books in my library from the last two decades, and THAT is a waste of space and money after you have read everything 3-4 times.

Man no one got morales now a days.

It's still 100 bucks to pay a higher price for books when you can get it cheaper off other vendors.

>higher price for books

Once again, no-one here except maybe a first-post immigrant from reddit pays for ebooks. There are massive share threads. Pic related is my kindle right now. I did not buy any of these.

As far as the kindle itself, I got my kindle touch in 2011 and it still works great. Its the best piece of hardware I have ever bought.

Alright, maybe I was being a bit retarded.

I don't think they're inherently a waste of money, since you can just get the books for free if you want, or at least a lot cheaper than physical books.
That being said, I still prefer having real books over this thing.

ebooks are cheaper tho.
And it's very convenient and saves space.

As an engi-fag, i have to carry this 900-page monstruosity with another 750 pages behemoth almost everyday. So having a kindle to read as a pass-time in college is actually pretty nice.

I used to think so too before buying my first reader. Now I find it a lot more convenient and enjoyable than physical books. McLuhan was a fag. the medium is not the message.

gen.rus.lib.ec

Dead author's don't earn money.

Bought one for 50 dilly dollars on prime day. The look is pretty great. I'm sure it will save eye strain from reading e books on desktop, and I'll only buy physical on my favorite books now.

Man this sure was a stupid thread.

99% of the books I get for my Kindle are free. Check your newsgroups.

just upgraded to paperwhite on prime day.
I fucking love it and I'll fight a bitch.

It's good for reading, not good for organizing books on it. No modularity, no customization etc, makes me want to regret it.

Haha buying a PC is so stupid guys, I paid for the PC and now I have to pay for the Software too?

Haha so stupid.

Right guys?

Haha.

gen.lib.rus.ec

>why not just buy the books themselves

You have to provide somewhere to store all those books. $100 for a kindle, $100 for a shelf that holds a lot fewer books. You make the call.

>got kindle touch as a present
>accidentally soak it in kefir a month later like a complete retard
Recently found it and was wondering if I can repair it myself
It ain't charging, so either the port is fucked, or the battery is dead
Anyone here who had any experience with hand-fixing stuff like that?

The first step is always google. You'll find a few youtube videos on it, but to repair that kind of shit, you usually need some kind of knowledge of tech hardware, and probably the appropriate tools. Software issues are easy to fix via youtube videos depending on the issues, but hardware is another beast altogether.

I did my research and I actually have the tools for it
Never did that kinda shit before, so still a bit nervous

Mmmh. Then it depends. It's not spun glass, and it really depends on what needs to be fixed. Your worst enemy is dumb fingers and skin oil. (although the really delicate stuff is usually in a second case) Make a clean space on a table, and then very carefully open it. See if you can see anything that obviously isn't supposed to be there- if it looks too overwhelming then close it back up and take it to a repair shop.

Thanks mane, I'll do my best
This book means a lot to me, too much actually

no prob. I hope it works out.

>buying books
No you retard. Use Gutenberg and libgen to get free books.

>gutenberg
>libgen
>not bibliotik

How do you guys even find Veeky Forums if you are not capable of using a 'putar