I need help remembering this one word that starts with a D that describes someone speaking with a superior intelligent...

I need help remembering this one word that starts with a D that describes someone speaking with a superior intelligent attitude. This has been bugging me for weeks, I think it sounds like del- or dil-.

Hahaha that Rolf is such a joker

Demeaning.

That's the hammer of discipline. Do you live in a cave?

No it definitely had an L in the word and a Q.

dill piqqle

No man just been yonks seen I've seen that show that shit was so fucking funny you have no idea how strong the wave of nostalgia you've hit me with is

My first thought was dilettante but the description doesn't fit it

Deprecate?

It's how Kelsey Grammar would speak on Frasier. That's the closest example I can give. Just that pompous and smart way of speaking.

I've checked words in my dictionary from de-di and thesaurus.com for synonyms of condescending, tougb luck.

Dequalifying?

It sounds like delinquent but it means a way of speaking with a specific higher intelligent characteristic.

I hope you are not joking, if you do it is the best bait I've yet seen

Maybe I chose the wrong place to discuss proper English words and grammar I need help identifying.

No that's not it
I just imagined it would be a clever joke
And you never now around this place
But that's the charm of it
I already gave an answer by the way
Hopefully someone else knows

Disdainful
despotic
domineering
derisive
despising
discourteous
disparaging
derisive
deary
dignified
disillusioned
audacious

Deluded

None of those unfortunately.

No. It has a Q in it too.

grandiloquent is the only word that I know which contains D and Q and comes close to your description. Maybe you just dreamt such a word existed

Deloquinte?

I swear it sounds like that word but its description is different.

perhaps you mean dilettante?

Sesquipedalianism?

No it has a Q in it. sounds like but starts with D.

>
>grandiloquent
>
>speaking or expressed in a lofty style, often to the point of being pompous
>pompous or extravagant in language, style, or manner, especially in a way that is intended to impress.
>
This is it, it's literally your description faggot. The word you thinking of doesn't exist.

It does, but its description is meaning speaking intelligently with superior way of speaking. Like overly descriptive.

It doesn't exist.

Yes it does its just not a very common word that's herd or used. I've been trying to google it again for days. I did see it on google when I first learned about it, then forgot about it, then tried to look it up again, and I can't remember how its spelled now.

> superior way of speaking. Like overly descriptive.
It literally means to speak in flower, extravagant language. It has d q and "dil" in it. You won't get any closer in English, Try another language.

flowery*

Denigrating

see

disquietude
disqualifying
disquetec

divan
daffodil
daredevil
dostoevsky
dribble
de bello gallico