Ask someone who works at a generic mom and pop Chinese restaurant anything

Ask someone who works at a generic mom and pop Chinese restaurant anything

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HHY1x-tzCNQ
youtu.be/_WnZGL2zRNM
youtu.be/7QlnkNS7Yjs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are chinese restaurants a front for chinese human trafficking?

What form do the soups come in? I'm mainly wondering about the egg drop and the wonton soups. Do you have access to the ingredients?

Unless you count buying shitty old houses and fixing them up and renting them out to Chinese students, then no

What's usually made in-house versus what comes in frozen?

Are the cookies fresh?

What grade of chicken do they use for orange chicken?
I've been to chinese places where their orange chicken was 70% breading.

do you stick egg rolls up your ass?

We usually get the soups shipped frozen in big plastic paint drums and reheat by the batch as needed
All appetizers and soups come frozen, all lunch/dinner menu items are usually fresh

I've been to some where the "all white-meat chicken" was completely dark red-brown. Like, more dark than you would naturally find. I idn't want to eat it.

Egg drop is fairly easy. It's literally just boiled chicken stock with beat up eggs poured in, with two scoops of frozen peas and carrots, pretty tastey.

Wonton soup is a different story, the wonton filling is ground up meats and fat mixed with green onions and hoisin sauce. Throw a few in the soup broth with some vegetables and there you have it. Also good.

Why does every single chinese place sell the same exact food?
Some even have the same names.
I'm pretty sure every hong kong express isn't a franchise, each one is it's own separate thing and they're not affiliated with each other.

We don’t have cookies
Fucking regular chicken you idiot, stop with this meme. You’ve never had chicken that was 70% breading now fuck off to Reddit you hyperbolic fucktard
Yes

Figured as much. There's no other way every unrelated Chinese restaurant would have such perfect consistency for soups and appetizers.

What do they add to egg drop to make it so thick? Is it the egg? I've made it the way you described and it's much thinner than the restaurant version

Why do all Italian restaurants serve spaghetti?

In the 70s or 80s if you were coming to the US from china and you didn't have your shit together the immigration office would hand you a menu and a few recipes and information on suppliers and you'd make a restaurant.

Corn starch

>You’ve never had chicken that was 70% breading
Yes I have.
I've also had orange chicken that was hard to chew because it was full of weird garbage dark chicken meat.

I just pick bbq pork now, there's no chance of getting 90% breading when you can actually see the meat.

I'm interested in this. I'm from suburban NY, and all the Chinese takeout joints are nearly identical, and there's like 3 every half-mile.
However, I did get takeout when I was in Louisiana. The menu there had all the same things, but with the addition of "gator meat" as an option. Like, general tso's gator, sweet n' sour gator, sesame gator, gator n' broccoli.

>getting this triggered over chicken
cheap ass asian

how often do people ask for dog?

Do restaurants in China have the same naming scheme? Happy Family, Happy Garden, China House, China Delight. China Moon

Where I live, small chinese places always have a B or C rating.

I never see other genres of restaurants get consistently low ratings like that.
Why are chinese people so gross?

Nearly everything we serve here is hand made. Crab cheese is very simple, 10 bricks of cream cheese with 3 bags of ground up crab meat all mixed together by hand (by me), then folded up in the pastry and deep fried.

All wontons and eggrolls are handmade here as well, all done by my boss. It's a long process for eggrolls, all cabbage is cut up, all cuts of meat ground up and boiled in chicken broth, stuffed up and wrapped up by hand. Everyone says how great they are.

Sweet and sour sauce is made here too, a big pot filled with various fruits and vegetables, boiled for 20 minutes or so then strained. I'm not sure what else the boss puts in it after, but I think he uses ketchup to get the red color. It's a very good sauce desu.

I believe the fried scallops are the only thing prepackaged we get here.

Cookies a shit and no. Just bland almond cookies from a Chinese supplier.

I'm not sure what grade it is, but we get boxes of whole chickens on ice which must be deskinned and cut by hand. No frozen bullshit.

Nice bait, attentionwhores. Maybe you’ll get more upvotes on Facebook

You serve shit quality food, you're not fooling anyone, wang dong.

captcha: canine rousannes

doubt he knows that. Besides the cook/managing staff tons of non-chinese people people get hired to help out, so unless OP is chinese i doubt he knows. When I was in high school tons of people I knew worked at the local chinese joint to take phone orders.

Once. I told him to fuck off and he did.

They all have really generic names.

Pro tip: Small mom and pop Chinese restaurants are on their last legs all across the country, once the old owners who work them selves to death are gone, I can tell you that the Chinese who come here to work now certainly don't want to get into the small restaurant business, unless it's in a major city.

That's pretty cool. Just wondering, where are you from (what state if from the US)?

Tennessee

How generic we talking? Sit-down eat-in restaurant? Or fastfood mall stuff?

Are you the delivery bitch?

Because you are my favorite bro.

Did they make you deliver in the rain? Because I tipped $20 and I hope you pocketed it.

Yes I run deliveries, probably wouldn't work here if I didnt, great source of cash and it's nice to leave the kitchen every once in a while and have a cigarette.

Rain isn't an issue as much as snow is, there's only been a few times I've refused deliveries because the weather was so bad and they were completely cool with it. Also, if a delivery is """too far away""" I don't have to take it out there.

On top of tips I get 2.50 from them every time I take a delivery.

Almond? I thought fortune cookies were just some low-quality fried dough with a drop of vanilla in them.

It's mostly take out, but we have a small dining area. I'd say 25 seat total. It's a comfy amount of dishes to wash. Just enough to stay busy at my own pace and not enough to be overwhelmed by a huge mess.

Obviously we have fortune cookies. We also have almond cookies at 3 for a dollar, but we still don't sell too many of them desu

My local chinese place has sriracha bottles at every table and every single one has a watery consistency, like it's been watered down or something.

Why would you cheap out on something as cheap as hot sauce? It's not even expensive.
Also you should offer sambal oelek chili paste, that shit is 10x better than sriracha because no garlic.

We don't have that bullshit here.

We have our own spicy oil customers can use and our own hot mustard that will make you weep.

You seem awfully angry and antagonistic toward every question even though you decided to make a fucking thread about yourself.

There's a really cool website called reddit.com you should go back to

>GRRRRR FUCK YOU!!! XDDD
>am i fitting in yet?

Also I'd like to add that ITT some faggot is answering questions for me so redirect your frustration to him.

>have favorite chinese place
>called "zen chinese kitchen"
>they have an item called "general tso's chicken"
>they rename to "tao chinese kitchen"
>general tso is now "general tao's chicken"
>they rename again to "kaowok chinese kitchen
>it's called "general kao's chicken" now

You're probably not the place I'm thinking of, the local place has one token white dude do all the deliveries. Bless you and the white delivery dude.

How many spring rolls can I order for one person before you will make fun of me?

how to make sticky BBQ wing glaze and the fried chicken from general tsos and is it playing god putting them together

>our own hot mustard that will make you weep.
I love dipping stir fried veges in mustard

>Why are chinese people so gross?
You answered your own question.

>have to hire a white dude to make deliveries because all their asian delivery drivers kept fucking crashing

Yes I'm white piggu

Meh, we don't care. We're nice people.

Objectively this. Also better English and navigation

your place seems pretty squared away for a Southern Chinese joint.

t. NC/TN borderfag

I'm in CA, the delivery dude is a total lurker type, if you are him, I appreciate you. If you aren't him I hope someone treats you well

>Meh, we don't care. We're nice people.

>gee i want to run a restaurant and make money
>what do the other people who are in business do?
>copy them
it's not that hard

Holy shit.

Are we talking like picture menu on the walls type of place or a little nicer?

Is there like an organization that makes every Chinese restaurant exactly the same or are the Chinese just a giant hive mind?

Is your general tso's chicken more spicy or more sweet?

What's the recipe for the sauce they use for general tso's chicken?

I used to work in a plant that was next door to a food factory that mass produced chinese food for ressaraunts. God it smelled good.

lol

pls tell me about boneless ribs

Not OP but you can visit a place in Chinatown NYC where they print all the picture menus the take out places use, so those at least come from one or a number of central locations

Give me your sweet and sour sauce recipe, I have been trying for years to successfully copy that and crispy shredded beef

are you philippino or mexican?

how much MSG is in the food?

Tell me about your special fried rice.

Do you have peking duck?

This is the closest recipe I've found to a Chinese takeaway style sweet and sour

Sorry I'm retarded
youtu.be/HHY1x-tzCNQ

I used to deliver Chinese food years ago as a side gig. I was actually surprised at how fresh a lot of the food was.

What are some of your favorite menu items for somebody like me who doesn't get Chinese a lot?

I'm looking to branch out and not be such a habitual shut in.

How to make chowmein?

I usually go for the Moo Shu Pork or Chicken if I'm ordering take-out. Shit's delicious as fuck and will last for days if you're not a severely fat fuck. It's like Asian themed DIY tacos.

What's the best way to whip up some black bean sauce? I bought some curry from a Chinese takeaway near where I was staying when I visited the UK but I haven't gotten around to replicating the recipe yet.

>hot mustard
Is that what that shit is? My favorite buffet has some kind of mustard looking shit but it smells like straight up alcohol, exactly like nail polish.

why has my town been taken over by chinese? why does everyone freak out over mexicans but not care about the chinese invasion that's happening now?

Because they don't.
But they make similar dishes, based on success recipes, using stock/premixes/sauce/soy/etc from sale vendor.

Good shit. Thanks amigo.

>Why does every single chinese place sell the same exact food?
I've never noticed that. In fact, I've noticed the opposite. Take General Tso's, for example. The place across the street from my work serves you a few but very large balls of chicken. They are nearly spherical and are roughly the size of a billiard ball. The batter is very "doughy" for lack of a better term, and the meat inside is chicken breast. The place down the road, however, uses dark meat. You get far more pieces, but they are smaller and irregular in shape. The sauce is much hotter and has more chilies visible in it. Same "dish" but radically different execution. Likewise I've noticed that most Chinese restaurants seem to have their soups pre-made. They serve it so fast that they can't possibly make it to order; they just ladle it out of a big pot. OTOH the 2nd place I mentioned above actually cooks soup to order. You can see into the kitchen and watch it being prepared after you order it.

>>Some even have the same names.
Well sure. Are you surprised when most Italian places have Pizza, Spag Bol and Fettuccine Alfredo on the menu? Every nationality of restaurant has common dishes you'll see on most menus.

The chinks dont rape white women, no one complains because theres nothing to complain about.

because the Chinese are actually capable of building and sustaining a modern civilization, unlike niggers, spics and muslim scum.

I've made General Tsos at home and every time I have trouble with the batter not sticking on the chicken. How do you do that?

Also what do you put in your general tsos sauce? Typical hot sauce, oyster sauce, and teriyaki?

I'm not OP, but I've never had a problem with the batter not sticking. What batter/process are you using? The method I use is to put the chicken pieces into a bowl. Crack an egg and toss it in there to coat the chicken. Once the chicken is well coated with the egg I add cornstarch gradually until the consistency looks right. Then into the hot oil, one piece at a time so they don't stick together.

>>Typical hot sauce, oyster sauce, and teriyaki?
Lol, what? Tso's sauce contains none of those. The heat comes from dried red chilies. Flavor from rice wine, soy, garlic. Sugar for sweetness, cornstarch + water slurry to thicken it.

How many eggrolls did you roll today and how many crab cheese wontons did you pinch

Stir fries are about 80% of my home-cooked meals. I like the simplicity of it. I determine what protein I'm hungry for (usually chicken), and then select some nice vegetables. Stir fry in batches and then put everything back in the wok with my eye-balled stir fry sauce.

Today I cooked chicken, red bell pepper, zucchini, ginger, and garlic. It was really good. I like to serve it on brown rice.

I usually individually put the chicken in egg then into the cornstarch. I don't mix it all together. I imagine I'd just get some nasty sticky mess.

youtu.be/_WnZGL2zRNM
youtu.be/7QlnkNS7Yjs

Yeah, that's why your batter is falling off. You need the cornstarch itself to contact the chicken. You could do cornstarch first, then egg, and then starch again. Or do the "nasty sticky mess" method. Yeah, it does look like that in the bowl but it's actually less work than dipping each piece individually, and it works great.

Are the egg rolls par-fried and then fried to-the-order? Looks like that is what is happening.

they're less disposed to drug dealing and violent crime?
if you're going to get diversity shoved down your throats you could do worse

Nice, thank you.

Are chinese restaurants a front for dog, cat, and rat meat trafficking?

Are chinese restaurants a front for illegal rat milk dens?

Are US chinese restaurants a front for the illegal snake harvest racket?

is it the MSG

Desu ne?

>because the Chinese are actually capable of building and sustaining a modern civilization

because the problems they cause are not immediately noticable like they are with mexicans

How come I hear all the time of Chinese restaurants getting caught with deer hanging up in the kitchen?

the menu thing is simple, there are cetain dishes that are most populra, so they focus on those.

the fact that they all taste, look, smell, and feel the same is because are all competing for similar pricing points and thus use ingredients of similar price (and thus quality)

Do you name your kitchen rats?