Who else is here is overweight/obese? Share you stories, dieting tips, and good healthy recipes for weight loss...

Who else is here is overweight/obese? Share you stories, dieting tips, and good healthy recipes for weight loss. 410lbs here, down from 440lbs 2 months ago.

I need to lose 75 pounds to be normal, I don't eat a lot but I drink around 2,000 calories of beer a night and it's hard to lose weight like that but my alcoholism has taken control of my desire for a healthy body and not being uncomfortable when looking in the mirror naked

I have to admit that although I am not obese, I have gained 45lbs in 2 months bringing me to a total weight of 170lbs at 5'7. I have basically accepted my life is cursed and food is the only joy left. I mean really can anyone here tell me a good enough reason NOT to stuff myself? I am 23, my mom died last year, I am balding, I have no friends, I was studying psychology in university with the intention of going on to medical school but my GPA is only 3.2 when the grades necessary to get into medical school here are 3.9+ so obviously I am stupid and there is no way I can get into medical school, I have not had sex or a girlfriend in 8 years, and when I mustered up the courage to join tinder and had a conversation with a seemingly cool girl, she literally fucking unmatched me 2 minutes after I told her I am 5'7. Vain fucking CUNT. So can anyone here tell me why I should stop stuffing myself and deprive myself of the only joy left? Life is torturous. Living is suffering. WHAT THE FUCK HAS SOCIETY EVER DONE FOR ME BESIDES PUT ME DOWN? I always skip breakfast and lunch and then when I get home after a long day, I binge. I'll swing by McDonald's for a 20 piece mcnuggets and large fries. Grab a burger or 2 from somewhere decent, maybe some onion rings. Family sized bag of doritos. Usually order a large pepperoni pizza too. Chocolate milk and vodka on the side and I eat for probably 2-3 hours while watching a movie or playing vidya. Fuck society and everyone who judges me. I don't give a fuck anymore.

>I have to admit that although I am not obese, I have gained 45lbs in 2 months bringing me to a total weight of 170lbs at 5'7. I have basically accepted my life is cursed and food is the only joy left. I mean really can anyone here tell me a good enough reason NOT to stuff myself? I am 23, my mom died last year, I am balding, I have no friends, I was studying psychology in university with the intention of going on to medical school but my GPA is only 3.2 when the grades necessary to get into medical school here are 3.9+ so obviously I am stupid and there is no way I can get into medical school, I have not had sex or a girlfriend in 8 years, and when I mustered up the courage to join tinder and had a conversation with a seemingly cool girl, she literally fucking unmatched me 2 minutes after I told her I am 5'7. Vain fucking CUNT. So can anyone here tell me why I should stop stuffing myself and deprive myself of the only joy left? Life is torturous. Living is suffering. WHAT THE FUCK HAS SOCIETY EVER DONE FOR ME BESIDES PUT ME DOWN? I always skip breakfast and lunch and then when I get home after a long day, I binge. I'll swing by McDonald's for a 20 piece mcnuggets and large fries. Grab a burger or 2 from somewhere decent, maybe some onion rings. Family sized bag of doritos. Usually order a large pepperoni pizza too. Chocolate milk and vodka on the side and I eat for probably 2-3 hours while watching a movie or playing vidya. Fuck society and everyone who judges me. I don't give a fuck anymore.

262lb to 190lb so far.

i've been water fasting for 52 days.

lol I am 490lbs and was 460lbs 4 months ago
I just can't help but get fatter and fatter, I do this every year where I gain many lbs just before winter because I feel the need to 'fatten myself up for the cold'. I live in Southern Hemisphere lol but I pretend that I am in both Hemispheres so that I can fatten up for both winters

I fucking hate myself lmao. Today alone I have eaten 6000 calories, and 3000 calories of that was sugars and 3000 was basically fat. I have only had like 100g of protein and almost no vitamins or nutrients. In fact my fingernails started peeling off and breaking recently so I must have adisease.

The worst part is that I am sweaty because it is actually summer here, so i fattened up and now I am fungus growing in my feet. And neck, and belly. lol sometimes as a desperate measure I buy mushrooms from the store then tuck them under my belly to wipe out the fungus there by outcompeting, I hope if they grow I can make healthy stir fries with them

Dude what the fuck, why?

You'll make being older that much more of a pain in the ass, it kills your knees and back, and you'll start wheezing even thinking about climbing a set of stairs. Also
>all these gripes with the world
my condolences on your mom, but only you can decide to do something with your life besides binge
please see a doctor

5'11" 80kg (~177lb)

I am chubby in the way the word used to be used before it was stolen by obese women. I was 100kg at one stage during uni and it was starting to make me into a hikki so I cut portions and carbs by a lot. Took me about 2 years I'd guess, I don't really remember, to get down to 80kg and I have successfully maintained this weight for about 3 years give or take a kilo.

There's definitely room still in my diet now to rein it in a little more and I could probably achieve a calorie deficit to lose a few more kilos. Ideally I would just join a gym and start lifting. Already do an average of about 3 hours per week ice and inline skating so I've got cardio mostly covered.

Nothing particularly exciting about my story, I actually fell for a trap that my mum warned me about when I was in my mid teens which is basically developing a habit. One day you buy yourself a treat and you enjoy it. A few weeks later you remember enjoying it and doing it again. Then you decide that you will treat yourself once per week. Then the frequency increases until it's unhealthy and you've got yourself a habit. Mine was lunch at uni which I did 3 or 4 days per week where I would buy this giant cookie which had 50g of sugar in it, a 600ml bottle of coke, and some asian rice snacks with negligible calories. Sometimes I would also have a can of coke when I got home too. Ate too many dishes served on rice throughout the week for dinner though my diet was actually reasonably balanced except in quantity. Toward the end of uni I also picked up a habit of going to an asian bakery once during the week and again on the weekend and that certainly didn't help.

Get on finisteride

>30lbs in 4 months
>fatten myself up for the winter
>southern hemisphere

So you basically waited until winter to start gaining? Summer bodies are made in winter user. Seems like some weird kind of denial where you pretend it's intentional.

I was 175lbs at 5'9" for a while which was a little overweight, but i think it was because of muscle and fat. Anyways i lost 25lbs over the summer and now i feel too skinny. Im just always uncomfortable in my own skin.

stop eating for a month. it is not even dangerous if you just eat enough salt and potassium. after a 3 days most sever hunger is gone.

i am obese too

What the fuck for? It's too fucking late. 70% of my hair has fallen out. The best finasteride could do is preserve the remaining 30% but it still looks like shit, not to mention it ruins your dick and increases prostate cancer risk. Fuck you and your stupid advice cunt

So this is the alk/ thread for fatties ?

You ask for advice and then bitch at the answer you get? Keep stuffing your face little piggy, there's nothing on this planet for you. If I was in your situation I would have killed myself to save my family and all of my acquaintances the embarrassment of knowing such a retarded, whiney, obese, midget.

shave your head you miserable shit lmfao fucking manlets

I used to be quite fat. The most I ever weighed was 240lbs at 6 foot. Now I weigh 180 and have much more muscle mass but I have this layer of flab that I can't seem to get rid of. I am starting to worry that it might be loose skin and will never go away.

>started at 320 in feb
>now 240 and still dropping
>mfw my family never been more supporting and I'm excited to drop more by 2018 so i can make goals on going out more with them and not feeling anxious about my body
boy im honestly glad i didnt fuck up this badly yet

You people get triggered by people not taking your advice? Are you this pathetic?

I'm 100 lbs I lack not understand how any ever can choose to do this with theirselves just stop eating why would you choose to be obese it was your choice no control zero nadda pathetic look at me look at me I'm fat yeah we get it why don't you get it or should I say stop getting it as in stop getting fast food and put down the fork just stop eat like an apple and drink some water then stop just stop eating it isn't that hard just don't eat more than one thing it's easy you just don't have control if all you do is go on the internet then you don't need to be eating that much stop bringing chips to the computer stop it just go on and do your thing when it's 5 make a little meal that's it then drink some coffee or something just stop eating seriously why can't you stop why did you people do this to yourselves I don't understand

are you autistic by chance?

My heaviest was about 400. Cut out soda and dropped to 335, went on a diet and dropped to 160 over 2 years

The guy in your picture died like 2 months ago.

6'4 240 pounds
I was doing amazing during july-sept when I was reapplying to get back into the army, got my self to 205 and then my RE code wasn't available for rejoining.
Depression hit me like a truck and I just ate and slept. Still stuck but I'm drinking water again, little victories

>Somewhere out there is a blob in Brazil growing mushrooms in a fungus colony in his stomach folds

Hand pic pls

Hey, at least you're not Anthony Burch.

not him but thanks for the motivation.

Almost forgot about him. I think his last video was of him stuffing himself with 2 Arby's venison burgers

Do you feel like shit all the time?

i just figured something out a couple days ago
>be on a diet
>really want a slice of cake
>look for a good coffee place that's and hour and a half walk away
>walk there, eat a slice of cake and a coffee, walk back home
>ended up burning more calories by walking than i consumed in cake
>i could eat as much cake as i wanted by doing this

Do this

Multiply your current weight times 12. The number you get is the calories you need daily to maintain your current weight. Now, if you wanna lose a pound a week, eliminate 500 calories out of your daily food intake. If you eliminate 1000 calories out of your daily food intake, you will lose 2 pounds a week. This is excluding exercise, so if youre a lazyfag, you'll still lose weight. You'll eventually want to exercise to firm shit up and put on muscle.

Losing weight is easy, anyone claiming its hard has never bothered to try.

Veeky Forums /fasting general/ helped me cut heaps of fat

>I mean really can anyone here tell me a good enough reason NOT to stuff myself?

maybe you should snuff yourself then. Stop being the victim of your own "mistakes". This too shall pass. Get the fuck up you fat slob, and stop being a fat slob.
Either man up and be a 5'7 warrior or be a whiny corpse 5'7 wide casket.

Went from 260 lbs to 190 lbs over 2 years with small lifestyle changes. I went up to 200 lbs over the past few months so I'm gonna hop back on keto and start lifting again.

The weighloss life improvement has been amazing. I'm no longer tired all the time, no longer get hot/sweaty from just sitting, back pain is gone, I sleep better.... keep going brehs.

please seek help

overweight probably, 6'4 at 240ish, although I do work out and lift quite a bit so I don't really look fat.

However, I'm getting a bit of a belly, thank god my shoulders are at least defined otherwise i'd look like a lard ass.

I think I broke the 400 pound mark a few weeks back, but am at about 395 right now.

I just don't care. My family abandoned me, my former friends have excommunicated me, and people at work just like to laugh at me. Nobody cares about me, nobody worries about me, so I don't feel like I need to care or worry about myself. I'm fat, I'm going to die, I'm making money for the sake of making money. I serve no purpose on this earth but to be a laughing stock for everyone else. So why not just fucking slowly kill myself and enjoy the only goddamn thing that has made me happy?

I'm not fat but I used to have a binging problem, and I still eat pretty unhealthy. Based on my eating habits and associated weight gain, sedentary levels of activity, and having lived with fat people and seen what they eat, I'm pretty sure obesity is caused by something other than pure calories in / out. Go to a doctor, figure out what your hormones are doing, if an organ is fucked, or if you need some bacteria from a thin person or whatever. It's just I'm possible that I'm not fat with how big of a glutton I am

user, you can still live an honorable life. Be happy however you are, there is enjoyment in food, drugs, doing meaningful and hard things for yourself and others. You can really make a difference regardless of how you appear. Visit China or India, or Mexico, and do kind things. Your weight doesn't matter for your character.

>pure calories in / out.
Metabolism and genetics play a big part, as much as people meme. That being said dieting an exercise will sort out the metabolism issue. Shit can have more calories than you think they do too because of portion size. Also consider that people eat things away from home.

The best revenge you can get on those people who abandon and laugh at you is living a long, happy, healthy life.

No chance at all. It's definite.

Oh I've traveled to China and Japan, I've done plenty of drugs, I have a job that I'm good at and is difficult and I enjoy.

But my weight. I can't ever shake the feeling that I'm worthless, useless, and unwanted, and I try my best to convince myself otherwise but I can't. Pills only do so much for you. There's a whole mentality that has to shift here, and I've thought this way since I was so young I can't remember if I ever actually felt like somebody wanted me.

I'm going to have the best life I can while slowly killing myself. I plan to die at around 35, and if I don't, suicide's the way out.

Agreed with this dude. I'm a pretty short person. You can learn to appreciate the way you are. Any appearance difficulty, whether you are short, fat, ugly, or something different from your ideal, is an opportunity to be a better person. After meeting many people who are better or worse off than myself, I have learned that words, competency, and action can elevate any being from a low image, and drag anyone down from a high image

>But my weight. I can't ever shake the feeling that I'm worthless, useless, and unwanted

What about the feeling that all of that can change? Many people have medical problems that there is no treatment or cure for. Thankfully, excessive weight is not one of those. Don't dwell on "now". Dwell on what you can be.

how the hell do I weigh more than you when you're eating like that, should I just kms

There's a difference. The brain can't be fixed, it can't be repaired, there's no overcoming the way your brain is wired. My brain is wired to make me feel like shit, and no amount of positive thinking or perceived potential futures changes that.

You can blame my parents for punching the top of my head over and over and over and over when I was a kid. My mom really liked balling her fist and slamming the bottom of her hand right on top of my head, because of things like getting a problem wrong on my math homework and my hair brush smelling bad. Brain no work as good as it should

Kg or lbs? Cause 3200 calories is a lot

I think you need to try better drugs, to be honest. The emotional burden of your weight is probably a worse thing than being fat. Navigating weight loss is harder, surely, because of how much and the way it matters to you. You can do something about that confidence, although it's not straight forward. Honestly, try some better drugs. Look for proper healing psychedelics. That toad stuff, or Ayahuasca. Anything that will confront you with death anxiety. It will help with getting more out of yourself rather than dying from burnout and bad health at 35. Really you are probably useful in a larger scheme, and there are a lot of people who would need you to be there and care.

>The brain can't be fixed, it can't be repaired, there's no overcoming the way your brain is wired. My brain is wired to make me feel like shit, and no amount of positive thinking or perceived potential futures changes that
That's wrong user, therapy and good drugs help. It's like soft surgery, but you can really help yourself feel better in a sustainable way. Try Ayahuasca, as I mentioned before. Buy Syrian rue and acacia confusa, research the capsule method. It's legal and cheap and will help on a biological level

Just think of how lean you'd be if you did the walk and not the cake.

>, there's no overcoming the way your brain is wired.
In some cases yes, in some cases no.
I'm not convinced you have irreversible physical brain damage. I think you might be merely depressed, which is a temporary condition.

2nding this.

Nah figure out what's going on and change your behavior to account for it. It might really be that you need to be taking something for your hormones, or need different gut bacteria. You can do something about it, speak to an expert. People with body problems really underestimating how small and easily changed things can be fucking their life up. I had horrible acne for most of my life because of vitamin deficiency, food allergies, AND bad dental hygiene. I did everything and worked so hard to fix it, didn't work until I really investigated what was wrong and targeted it.

stop eating for 6 months. you will be surprised how easy it gets.
just get your salts

i could compromise by doing a slice of cake and the next time i eat something with less calories than cake like a cookie and the next time i just have a coffee and then i go back to cake and keep rotating

Stop blaming everything on every one else. Either do something about it or stop bitching.

Keto

Pls no bully

If you got fit you would be very attractive.

I'm 5'6" and I maxed out at 260 lbs, I brought myself back down to 170 lbs. Went from obese to overweight, my goal is to get down to 150 lbs in the next two years. Then down to 130 if I can accomplish that. It helps me to break up my desired weight loss into manageable chunks so I don't feel so far away from my goal. It also helped me to weigh in every week and write the number down so I could see when I needed to cut back on food or increase my activity.
I didn't bother to write down what I ate, but I would still control my portions and estimate calories.
I cut out processed foods and sugars, meat, dairy, oils, and limited my intake on bread.

I found that combining diet and exercise works the best for me. I used to starve myself and then not work out, or I would work out and then eat whatever I wanted, so I always became frustrated and gave up when the number on the scale stayed the same.

I lost a lot of weight when I left the gym and went on 8 mile hikes at a local state park. Half of the hike was spent going uphill to the peak of a small mountain, which had an amazing view as a reward. As I lost weight, I would add water bottles to my backpack so I could keep the intensity of my workout. Eventually just started going on 4 mile hikes on the weekend and working out different parts of my body during the week.

The most important part is not to give up. Life is full of choices, it's okay to mess up once in a while as long as you realize that you are feeding your weakness. After saying no enough times, you become stronger than the urge.

Tldr; eat a balanced diet, exercise regularly, outweigh the bad choices with good choices

I'm 6ft and at my biggest I was about 290lbs. I managed to get down to 200lbs without any fasting, keto or other memes.
It took me a little under a year to lose it but I didn't want to crash diet and have it all come back or have a bunch of floppy skin.
I stopped buying shit like chips and frozen pizzas, cut back on my drinking and just ate sensible portions of regular food.
I upped my physical activity. I made sure to get at least 30-45 minutes of hard exercise a day (jogging, calisthenics, etc) started hiking on the weekends, started walking to work, taking the stairs, etc.
The first 25 lbs came off really fast. Plateaued a bit around the 50lbs mark but I pushed through it and have had a few yo-yos, but no huge regains.
Changing my diet definitely helped me lose weight, but building better behaviors helped me keep it off.

good job dude

Its the drinking that kills me, I'm about the same at 275 right now but drinking about 8,000 calories in every week in liquor is really counter productive.

Started at 180 lbs three months ago, now down to 162 lbs. Goal is around 140 lbs.

CICO seems to be working fine, it’s not too bad sticking to a 1200 kcal/day diet

Whatever works man.

>tfw 108 lbs

:)

>he peaked at 5'2''

5.6"

Lol manlets, when will they and their non-massiveness learn?

Thanks! Working hard at it

I'm a 300lbs 5'10 guy. I don't feel fat and it's only when I see photos that I realise how awful I look. I walk loads but it just makes me hungry and I eat healthy but have poor portion control.

after a week your mind begins to accept that you're not going to give in and tries to survive.

according to US gub'ment standards, i'm obese.
5'9", 180lbs. should be around 155-160.
i'm down from 220
stopped eating fast food
stopped drinking beer
cook meals at home and don't add salt
drink 2 glasses of red wine every evening

He's doing great so far but you can't even see his fucking face. hair and a beard don't make you attractive. He could have some absolute JUST eyes, nose and mouth for all we know....or just look standard as fuck.

>I found that combining diet and exercise works the best for me. I used to starve myself and then not work out,

Well yeah, That's the way you're supposed to do it. It's mental how fat people know literally nothing about food or diets.

5'11 190 lbs technically overweight. If you whales can do it I can do it too.

You could always prank Merkel

5'8" and 177 lbs now. Was my heaviest weight ever at 218 lbs in July but decided to get my shit together and have been eating a reduced-calorie diet ever since. No foods are forbidden, I eat what I want but can't exceed a certain number of calories per day. I was angry for the first month but then got used to it and eating less is easy mode now

>dieting
>cutting out sugary drinks and shit, doing good so far
>it's the holidays
>all that boiled custard on the shelves
How do I stay strong guys?

Good job on losing all that weight man, how does it feel having your body be t hat much lighter?

This is the simplest yet most Benevolent post I've ever seen.

TLDR

depends man. if youre 300 pounds 3000cals will literally keep you at 300

Holidays are literally the only excuse to cheat there is, and there's only like 3 or 4 of them that justify eating

man im 275 6'3" but dont look it. i quit drinking a month ago, would drink 24-40 beers friday/saturday and stopped. literally havent drank in 39 days. havent lost much, but with my regular exercise muscles more defined. i think it'll start dropping off soon due to no booze and muscles killing the fat. now just need to conquer my chip addiction. havent drank soda in 15 years. also substituting salsa for ketchup

I was 230lbs because I was eating McDonalds almost every day after work and drinking a case of Mountain Dew per week. Now I'm down to 180lbs and doing push ups to lose the bitch tits. Height is 6'2"

That's 300 calories of red wine per night, my friend. And salt has no calories.

are you 19?

I do 3 things when I want to lose weight:
1) Limit my calories (1800 right now)
2) Avoid sugar, starch, and other blatantly unhealthy food (no booze or juice either)
3) 16 hour fast every day (mostly overnight)

You don't have to fast but it works for me.

sugar and spice, everything nice

You're overweight at that BMI, not obese.

Go to the gym or walk outside. The endorphins and shit will bring you back to reality. Keep doing it every day and you won't need beer.

Do it for yourself m8

Enjoy being skinny-fat with no muscle tone

My habit is ordering pizza on Friday night and drinking a pint of liquor and/or several tallboys with it.

>not ordering 2 pizzas

i used to get 2 larges eat one friday one saturday all day

Since the med school thing might not work out, why not try focusing on some other career that won't make you feel like such shit? Thinking that I wanted to go to law school someday brought me out of a dark place; while I've since changed directions, it still really helped me "wake up" and feel stuff again

Honestly, if you really like the medical side, something to consider would be being an EMT or something. Chicks like a dude in uniform and the nature of the job might help combat your height.

Also, just shave the hair off.

t. person crazy about bald guys and dudes in uniform

Why not just order the second pizza on Saturday so it's nice and fresh and warm?