Creativity and Dogma: Understanding the Gospels and Paul's Epistles

Creativity and Dogma: Understanding the Gospels and Paul's Epistles

>Christiniaty
All articulations of Christianity other than the Great Church of Christ, commonly known as "Orthodox" Christianity, are plebeian cults. Paul does not breathe outside of an Orthodox framework.

>The Object of Learning
The end of philosophy, literature, mathematics, history, science and theology is creation. Without creation as an end, learning is mere record keeping, best left to books and computers. Learning is the persuit of truth which is realized in creation.

>The basis of creation.
All creation using "perspective", rather than truth, as a basis, is pseudo creation is built on the sand. Only the Absolute is rock. Pseudo creation is a step outside coherence, a step outside truth. It is a decomposition into ashes and dust. Pseudo creation is the same as sin.

>Creative energies
While God is essentially beyond reality as we know it, His energies are woven throughout creation. They are fundamentally creative, they are the source and wellspring of all creation. Any energies not unified to the Creative Energies, are diabolical energies supported by sand.

>Destruction as the necessary spouse of creation.
Nietzsche and his ilk do not err in stating that creation must come from destruction, and destruction from creation. Life must come from death, and death from life. God, in creating life, created what would inevitably transgress life and die. And only by God's death, is life possible. On the Seventh Day God rested, He died, He gave His own life to creation. God's death is both a product of His creation, and the source and price of it.

>Law and Truth
Truth is innately transgressive, for the act of creation is truth. Creation is uncontainable, law contains. Creation is life, law is death. Creation quickens, law kills. Creation gives, law demands. Creation is mercy, law is justice. Creation is limitless, law limits. Creation frees, law bonds.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemosh
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesha_Stele
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If God died on the 7th day then explain the entirety of the old testament

>On the Seventh Day God rested, He died, He gave His own life to creation. God's death is both a product of His creation, and the source and price of it.
Nice fucking heresy, pseud

What sect are who denies Christ was entombed throughout the Sabbath?

Anyone have the New Jerusalem Bible for download? The only thing I can find is not seeded.

I thought we exterminated you disgusting Gnostic heretics 1500 years ago.

No, but the edition is trash. The commentary is extensive, but only on the linguistics behind it all, making it useless for almost everyone, that is all the people who don't speak ancient Hebrew.

Apply he same explanation you apply for virtually any other form of cult

I don't think you can completely tie all death into all life.

Christ's death is different, but still. Be careful.

Christ:
>died on Friday (1st day)
>buried on Saturday (2nd day)
>resurrected on Sunday (3rd day)
It is because of this resurrection on Sunday that Christians celebrate on the first of the week, first documented in Acts 20:7. This is simple stuff
t. KJV onlyist independent fundamental Baptist

Privet. I'm from Russia and I'm Orthodox Christian. What do you think about the Eastern Orthodox Church?

All faith no substance.

John 12:24, Luke 17:33

Yes, Saturday is the only entire day Christ is dead. The Sabbath was about observing His holy death, that is why light was forbidden, because it was about the death of the light. However the new covenant commemorates Sunday, the first day of creation, for God is the firstborn of His new creation, starting with the Resurrection.

This is actual Orthodox teaching, btw.

I'm getting baptized next month, so....

No, though many cults reflect aspects of it

How did you come to faith (if it's not a secret)? Maybe through traditionalism or smth?

Do you go on /christian/?

By hearing some things about the Orthodox Church here and reading about it

No, I have zero interest in any Christianity except Orthodox

Which books would you recommend?

I'm Christian, but I have a weak faith, I can be called rather a "cultural Christan". Your speech inspires me. Some time ago I began to be very interested in reading Jung and Nietzsche, but now I begin to understand that I am on the wrong way.

Saint Isaac the Syrian's homilies. The seventy dollar translation bu the monastery is worth it if you can afford it. The Way of the Pilgrim is also worth reading. On the Incarnation is good. Also Acquisition of Holy Spirit by Saint Seraphim--Catholics have substituted the Bishop of Rome for the Holy Spirit of Truth, and Protestants have substituted the Bible for Him.

John Climacus is also incredible, but don't touch him unless you can accept theology and asceticism that would be a stumbling block for 99% of Christians.

How do you know if you are wrong if you are not even able to delude yourself? Man up and say it: "I neeed more lies. Lies lies lies, give em to me"

Do you even believe truth is distinct from lie? There is increasingly considered to be no real distinction, in philosophy, art and morality. Truth in an absolute sense is sometimes even seen as oppressive.

That guy's a heretic of intense magnitude. His only positive contribution is his profound theory of Orthodox mathematics, which is of course ignored by the heretics who love him, as they are all outside the Church

>That guy's a heretic
The absolute irony.

You don't know what that word means

I'm an Orthodox Christian, not a gnostic

Basically the same thing

He kind of is tho desu

Polar opposites. Icons are so big in Orthodoxy based on the importance of affirming the holiness of the material that comes with God's incarnation. Gregory Palamas went so far as to say bodies are pure, only souls sin, noting that dead bodies don't lust or attack people

yeah but "muh mystical experience" tho

The Bible is full of that

>Icons

You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Yeah but hate to break it to you but not everyone and there grandma can be a prophet

>hey guys don't draw things

Was he serious?

>don't draw things AND WORSHIP THEM

fixed

Icons aren't forms (graven image is a translation of "form" not "image"). Protestants however who visualize forms in their heads during prayer and venerate them, instead of using icons, are breaking this commandment. Those who take these fantasie as Jesus Himself, and worship them, are engaging in idolatry.

Yeah but he clearly also says dont draw them in the first place.

A prophet is an official spokesman for God. Being a prophet is not for everyone, but mystical encounter of God is.

people who have mystical encounters with God are called to be prophets. The rest of us just have to slum it with a some humble faith and a measure of elbow grease

Like the bronze serpent? Or the depictions of angels in the temple and on the ark?

Bullshit.

>or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above
>commanded to put cherubim on the ark of the covenant

Would it be fair to suggest that -- based on all the archeological evidence available to us -- Chemosh is a stronger god than Yahweh?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemosh
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesha_Stele

etc.

He also made exceptions when it came to killing. The phrase "You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth." is pretty unambiguous