What's the best e-reader for someone who just wants to mostly read pirated .pdf files...

What's the best e-reader for someone who just wants to mostly read pirated .pdf files? It doesn't even have to be backlit, but it needs to not fuck up .pdf documents.

>He actually reads books.

I-I'm s-sorry...

I like the paperwhite BTW. It's very good.

Why pdf necessary?
Get a Kindle, download epubs and convert them to .mobi

Don't read .pdf.

Why pirate when you could download basically anything from Project Gutenberg for free in a specific Kindle format?

IPad is best for pdf

If he's doing like academic reading, he'll need to read PDF's, especially if he has to cite the books he's reading.

If you want to read books published in other languages, it is very easy to get them in a crappy pdf version. Getting them in other formats as epub or .mobi is simply impossible.

It is impossible to find epubs of some books. And Project Gutenberg isn't any good if you want modern books/translations.

>modern books
>translations
I'm surrounded by plebs.
Also, Gutenberg has everything in English. The only weak point is translations into other languages.

Not the Kindle. Try an iPad or something.

Gutenberg has a fair selection of the most famous works in French, Spanish, and German. Not sure about other languages though

Kobo Aura One with koreader installed is the absolute best option. Cropping options and scrolling and page turning, it really is amazing. Paperwhite isn't that bad in landscape mode. There's a free program called briss that crops pdfs and makes them nicer to read. It's also smart enough to split pages in two if they scanned two pages at a time.

there was a website, libgen or something, which has a shitton of modern books. If you only wqnt pdfs, then an iPad or tablet is probably better.

Uh only if it's in the Creative Commons. Also, a lot of their .mobi files have bad formatting.

>le I only listen to classic rock

Faggot. You're never gonna make it.

t. postmodernist who makes pseudointellectual criticisms of classics on booktube channels

Uh uh mr polyglot FUCK YOU
I haven't had that problem when looking for epubs of books written in english, spanish, french or portuguese, what other languages are you looking for?

I agree. I use adobe for pdfs (lame, but works) and shubook for epubs (good stuff)

It's easy enough to get epubs. I use a combination of libgen and the #bookz channel on the undernet irc server.