What Christian literature has the most compelling argument/ reasoning that supports the likeliness of God's existence?

What Christian literature has the most compelling argument/ reasoning that supports the likeliness of God's existence?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Diary-Saint-Maria-Faustina-Kowalska/dp/1596142936/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1500425464&sr=8-2&keywords=saint faustina
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>God's existence
what did he mean by this?

Brothers Karamazov
Silence
Les Miserables
The Bible
Summa Theologica
Confessions
City of God

>city of god
Just watched that film last night, incredible flick desu.

>likeliness of God's existence
As retarded a question "where does the universe end".

Anything that involves a promise of an afterlife.

Heaven is the ultimate goal, and the Christian must only believe in Jesus, the Son of Man. It's such a simple goal and is very attainable. St. Peter would welcome you with open arms if you died confessing all your sins to Priest.

>Brothers Karamazov
No. And most of those other works don't have anything to do with God's existence. God is not possible to calculate the probability of, and believing in God based on probability is not love anyway

Heaven is right here, heaven is wherever God is, though God is also beyond it

>s Karamazov
>No. And most of those other works don't have anything to do with God's existence
Not in the sense of probability anyway

Read the Evidences by Addison

I cant believe people are taking seriously a book which has hardcore jewish nationalism inside it.

hardly any of those even have to do with defending God's existence. The bible itself presupposes God for the most part. You just listed off a bunch of classics

Honestly OP just watch some lectures on YouTube by William Lane Craig and Gary Habermas. The former for God, the latter for Christianity

>If you want compelling arguments for the existence of God, watch these YouTube videos instead of reading Aquinas and Augustine

Are the youth today beyond redemption?

Yeah, well I'm not 100% sold on that

so what do Augustine and Aquinas teach specifically that can't be taught in a few hours of lectures, you pseud?
>spending money on 500 page books instead of watching an hour long lecture of essentially the same information

Are you the same guy as ?

>so what do Augustine and Aquinas teach specifically that can't be taught in a few hours of lectures, you pseud?
You think the Summa Theologiae can be taught in a few hours of videos? You have any idea about any of the books Aquinas and Augustine wrote? Do you even understand or know Aquinas' Five Ways?

>Are the youth today beyond redemption?

How many youth genuinely come to Christ based on reading medieval Aristotelianism? Next time you are at mass ask around.

are you going to be specific or continue being a pretentious passive aggressive pseud

If you're in a literature board, surrounded by people who read several books and expects people to recommend trivial and worthless things instead of serious philosophical and intellectual works, then you're in the wrong place.

>If you're in a literature board, surrounded by people who read several books and expects people to recommend trivial and worthless things instead of serious philosophical and intellectual works, then you're in the wrong place.

I was questioning the Aristotelianism not the other works/ importance of serious philosophical works.

I got you senpai

amazon.com/Diary-Saint-Maria-Faustina-Kowalska/dp/1596142936/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1500425464&sr=8-2&keywords=saint faustina

Aquinas is an absolute nonce. Augustine is definitely worth reading (except for his excessively Platonic stuff), but not without first reading the Cappadocian Fathers

Obviously, if it can't be taught in a few hours of lecture I can't type it up for you in a single post.

But, to take your bait and give an example, Augustine's theory of Grace and free will would not fit into an hour or two or ten of YouTube lectures. He wrote several books on the subject precisely because he wanted people like you to understand that "both exist" is both the right answer and only the very beginning of understanding what that answer means. For you, a YouTube video that elaborates for an hour on this subject is plenty. Other people spend their entire lives trying to understand that answer through a process of reasoning, intense study of scripture, and honest to God real living life. Crack open Calvin, for instance, and you'll find that half of Institutes is about understanding and interpreting Augustine's theory of Grace.

I wonder if the youth today is beyond redemption because people like you seem to honestly believe that Augustine was just wasting all those pages... I don't even know--being redundant, obscure, boring?

>But, to take your bait and give an example, Augustine's theory of Grace and free will would not fit into an hour or two or ten of YouTube lectures.
that is not what OP asked for

If you really think that grace and free will are not relevant to the existence of God, then you're totally proving the point that your YouTube lectures aren't enough.

why do you keep acting so passive aggressive instead of just making your point clear and simple

The whole point is that the subject is not clear or simple.

I don't think he was being passive agressive at all, he made his point very clear in a very respectable way despite some ironies - which were deserved.

theres no argument, God is beyond that

okay so explain to me how the Christian doctrine of grace and free will is in itself an argument for God's existence

>9775088
>Augustine's theory of Grace and free will

Is totally wrong and at odds with the other fathers. If you're not already Christian it can easily turn you away, that is why you should read the Cappadocian Fathers before Augustine

Then come to an Orthodox service.

>questioning god's existence
>not taking that for granted and questioning his benevolence/the authority of the various churches
what, are you, 12?

There is only one Church, for there is only one Holy Spirit of Truth. The Church is in fact God Himself, as Paul says. And while She says, "Come!" you can only come to Her as a fool and a child.

redpill me on the mormons? if i convert to them they'll give me a job and a wife and i won't even have to chop off anyones head, why shouldn't i join?

they are polytheists

and but so?

Attempting to make an argument for God's existence in a way that would satisfy a reductionist atheist is the domain of apologetics today. But if the belief is not there, it is simply not there. A religious belief simply does not function as a set of positive assertions which one can argue for or against. You can bring yourself to accept that, perhaps, Jesus was nailed on the cross and then reborn, or perhaps someone can convince you that there really was an Ark, but this is only a rational acceptance, not a belief.

that is opposed to fundamental Christian doctrine

That's very true. Their jobs pay for shit, but their women are excellent. They're also very kind people, if a little bit judgy at times (what is most Christians?), but not for me.
We have a smart one here.

well if i convert to them then fundamental christian doctrine doesn't matter much does it

it does if you want to be intellectually consistent

what makes you think i'm a christian now

Mormonism is one of the most intellectual consistent beliefs out there. They have a pretty good explanation of where people and God came from. Not many people do. I don't like their whole Afterlife beliefs as much though.

>Mormonism is one of the most intellectual consistent beliefs out there.

i want my identity to be consistent, and so being a part of religion where the founder and his holy city is based in the united states seems like something to support, why follow some priest-king in rome? i'm not italian, i've never been to europe never mind rome, why the fuck should rome be the center of my faith?

>why the fuck should rome be the center of my faith?
it shouldnt? I'm not catholic

Oh shit that's actually pretty funny. Not a Mormon, but I know I'm shilling.

i think the united states has contributed enough to the world compared the middle east and asia, and we're starting to surpass even europe which will be islamic in a few years anyways, so it makes sense to grow an early stage american religious startup