What are uses for white miso other than miso soup and miso noodles?

What are uses for white miso other than miso soup and miso noodles?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KiBoTo1aZYE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

More miso soup.

Yes but what if I'm out of water and can't make any broth/soup?

Miso dressing and sauces. I like to marinade strips of tempeh in miso/rice wine vinegar dressing and fry, as a salad add-in or in a wrap.

I also use it to make a butter bean sauce that I use in place of butter and mayo because I have a genetic thing that makes my cholesterol really high:

1. Rinse/drain cooked butter beans
2. Blanch beans and rinse/drain again (to make taste more neutral)
3. Mix beans with milk and puree while simmering until very smooth, add in a little high omega 3 fat like cold-pressed canola oil (beans act as emulsifier)
4. Take off heat and puree in white miso paste, fresh lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and a little salt

soy
o o
yos

It's great for adding a little flavor to veggies. Just toss a little miso in the pan and toss them.

You can also spread it on meat or fish before you grill it. Just use it like you would a spice rub. I also had a god-tier "hot pot" dish made with miso in Japan. They smeared the miso on the inside wall of the hot-pot bowl and roasted it with a torch before the broth and other ingredients went it. As you ate from the hot pot the miso would gradually dissolve making the broth stronger as the meal went on. Super awesome.

If you're out of water you have a bigger problem on your hands.

You will never eat better salmon than this. It crushes every other recipe

youtube.com/watch?v=KiBoTo1aZYE

Turning good christian republican men into liberal atheists Bernie-voting soyboys

. . . .S
. . . .O
B O Y

My recipe

Take miso
Throw it in the trash
Toss in some more trash to fill the bag
Shake well
Take it out side
Deposit it in the garbage can

Just say no to estrogen

fermented soy doesn't turn you into a soyboy because it breaks down the boy in soy, stupid, you don't know shit about food and cooking, go learn more about fermentation and what it does before you come here shitposting and spreading your ignorance faggot

Then why is japan nothing but limp wristed wimps who swear off sex and marry anime pillows?

Anywhere in lieu of soy sauce. Baking. Marinades and sauces. I find it brings a deeper, richer flavour to the table -- providing you don't go overboard. Also, combined (amongst others) with molasses, it makes for a killer bbq sauce.

soy, boy

Culture

They've been eating a shit ton of soy for hundreds of years, but look at the way they were before WW2

Its not culture. If you take any country and make them eat a diet rich in soy, theyre gonna turn into a bunch of effeminate wimps down the road. Generation after generation eating estrogen...

Back then soy phytoestrogen exposure wasn't exacerbated by xenoestrogens from processed food, plastics and the municipal water supply faggoit

back to /pol/ you fucking retards

sounds neat, but I have no idea where to find butter beans where I live

wouldn't adding miso to the pan before cooking burn it?

make a simple stew with miso dashi and mirin / sake. add carrots potatoes fish whatever. i like lots of cabbage, piece of kombu, yukon golds, random odds and ends. simmer until ready, serve with karashi as dip.

honey miso glaze for salmon

I don't recall: is it white or red miso used for braising things? Cuz my aunt used to braise aubergines with miso and other stuff as a side dish. Was good.

`

Make it into a dip for chips.

best answer