Is cereal a soup?

Please reply with logic not emotion.

No, stop being a fag

Sure

>the basis of the shitpost is the failure to define soup
ok

Maybe

is a glass of water with ice soup? no, shut the fuck up

Yes, it is. It's a type of cold porridge, and porridge is grain soup.
No, ice water is a drink.

since milk is not a broth of any kind cereal is not a soup.

By that logic, gazspacho is not a soup since tomato juice is not a broth.

Porridge is not soup

Dude, just stop. Cereal is a type of pasta, everyone knows that. Have you not eaten a sweet pasta?

How is it not? You have food ingredients in a liquid. That's soup to me, bub.

If you eat it primarily for breakfast then it isn’t soup. Soup is a lunch and dinner dish

You're aware that many cultures eat soup for breakfast, right?

Yes and many people eat pancakes for lunch but that doesn’t make them a sandwich

If you put your bacon between two pancakes, then it is a sandwich.

the japanese soup in the mornings......

That’s just intentionally stretching the definition

It's literally a sandwich in the same way that an ice cream sandwich is a sandwich.
Sandwich.

t. brainlet
There's a whole world of soup and sandwiches out there that you're cutting yourself off from.

Because I don’t call anything in a bowl soup or anything between two other items a sandwich? Ok buddy

If you have food in a liquid, it's soup. If you have food between two pastries or bread, it's a sandwich.

>Is cereal a soup?
By itself? No.

Served in a bowl of milk or similar? Logically, it must be. Even though nobody would refer to it as soup in a casual conversation it certainly seems to meet the logical requirements for "soup".

No. The definition of a soup is...

>A liquid dish, typically made by boiling meat, fish, or vegetables, etc., in stock or water.

Ceviche is a soup. Gazpacho, bouillabaisse, and gumbo are all soups. Cereal is not a soup. I guess porridge is a soup, there's plenty of recipes for chicken porridge soup and whatnot. I guess the real question is, "is oatmeal soup?" If you boil oatmeal in water then it should be right?

You don't boil gazpacho. And yes, oatmeal is a soup. It's grain soup.

That's why the definition doesn't say "soup is always boiled" you silly. That's how it works.

Then where's the distinction? Grains are included in "etc". So are fruits. Pic related, fruit soup.

Stop

Not an argument.

No, it's cereal

So if I eat pancakes for supper they aren't pancakes anymore? After all they're a typical breakfast food.

>typically made by
>typically

No you mong, they retain their pancake distinction BECAUSE they are a typical breakfast food. It's categorized based on when people typically eat it

>what defines food is not the ingredients but rather the time of day you eat it

Soup:

a liquid dish, typically made by boiling meat, fish, or vegetables, etc., in stock or water.

He’s right and you are wrong

>Please reply with logic not emotion.
thats sexist

>Breakfast cereal (or just cereal) is a soup made from processed cereal grains that is often eaten as the first meal of the day.
That settles it