Don't forget to pick up a pint of delicious Egg Nog on your next shopping trip for the holidays Veeky Forums!

Don't forget to pick up a pint of delicious Egg Nog on your next shopping trip for the holidays Veeky Forums!

Other urls found in this thread:

epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/puerto-rican-coconut-eggnog-em-coquito-em-51203620
youtube.com/watch?v=Xbqv1SuQJ0s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that og shit

hey does anyone remember this stuff? I dunno if it's still out there now but it's fucking delicious.

Tastes just like a super sweet sugar cookie but with the consistency off egg nog. Magic liquid, man.

I made this instead

epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/puerto-rican-coconut-eggnog-em-coquito-em-51203620

is homemade eggnog better than storebought? also why do all of them have a buttload of sugar in each serving?

I tried the Costco brand once. I found it too sweet and minty, is that what egg nog is about? What's a good one to try

>also why do all of them have a buttload of sugar in each serving?
It's a dessert drink for most people, but I don't like how much is put into the store-bought stuff. You could probably halve the amount of sugar and it would still be plenty sweet. Was thinking of trying to dilute it with half & half but not sure how well that would work.

Yes. Most pre-made eggnogs have way too much sugar added, probably to mask the mediocre flavor and to appeal to people with no sens of taste except for salt or sugar.

Making it yourself is way better, plus you can add some rum or bourbon or brandy.

Eggnog is gross.

>minty

Eggnog is a creamy brandy/rum cocktail spiced with nutmeg

It should taste like Christmas, not toothpaste

>Was thinking of trying to dilute it with half & half
Use Brandy instead.

What rum goes best with the nog?

fuck that, do bourbon

Dark.

is there a risk from the raw egg?

Those fucking digits. God damn.

D
I
G
I
T
S

i was waiting for this.
Also one of the ivy league schools in the statee did an experiment where they doused alchoholic eggnog with salmonella, it was sterile within a week.also everyone should be making gheir own nog its easy to do and leagues ahead of store bought same goes for roasted chestnuts. eastern european grociers sell em come fall.

kek one of the worst gets I've seen

that's pretty cool. what about non-alcoholic though?

it was common to leave egg nog out for weeks before refrigeration so you tell me.

it generally has some sort of preservative and is pasteurized othereise it would last about as long as quiche. i wouldnt doubt its skme sort of nitrate. really though a fourth cup pf rum in a gallon of home made is still less than a beer. itd be like trying to get deunk off watered down bailleys

I have never heard of someone making homemade non-alcoholic eggnog. Why even bother?

I've been buying eggnog since October 1st.

in the US yes, in europe generally not. has to do with the refrigeration of eggs in the US at various points throughout the transportation/storage process and different QA measures to ensure safety of eggs

youtube.com/watch?v=Xbqv1SuQJ0s

EAT PROCESSED FOOD AND TRANS FATS

Witnessed

>being Australian and drinking eggnog in the 35C Summer weather

No, they killed all of the chickens that carried salmonella. Years ago I've read that one in every 10,000th egg carries salmonella. That number might be greater, now.

Still satisfying as fuck.
Usually take some eggnog out when we go camping for new years and mix it with rum or burboun.

food poisoning was also common before refrigeration

>it was common to leave egg nog out for weeks before refrigeration

What

The entire point off eggnog was the fresh cream, eggs and spices made it expensive as fuck before refrigeration.
It's a holiday extravagance that is made fresh and drank fresh.

wew

They sell Eierlikör at the Christmas markets here in Germany. How different is it to egg nog, if at all?

They're pretty similar, eierlikör or Dutch advocaat might be a bit thicker than the usual egg nog, though

Leave and never return

nice

thank you