How can you be a true christian without attempting to convert everyone you meet...

How can you be a true christian without attempting to convert everyone you meet? If Christians truly believe in Heaven and Hell, then how come there are so many Christians who just let their friends and family live their lives as atheists, for fear of being rude or intrusive, or politically incorrect? If you truly believe that they are going to burn in hell for all of eternity, then aren't you being a bad person by not attempting to convert them constantly?

You can't. They're doing it wrong. If you acknowledge the Pope as your leader you're also doing it wrong, since nothing in the Bible supports his existence, and religious leaders are in fact expected to have a wife and children.

Hassling people would drive them away, and it is not what the Apostles. Most people also know Christianity is today, so you don't have to explain. You should witness, but primarily by your life, showing how unusual and beautiful Chtistianity is (Orthodox Christianity, since it is the only beautiful kind), which will provoke questions. You can also invite them to Church

But I guess thinking that everyone who doesn't accept your arbitrary personal beliefs as the one objective truth should burn in Hell for eternity makes you a good person?

Frankly I'd try to convert people, but they had access to revelation, it's on them.

Like Christ and Paul (who both endorsed celibacy)?

I don't believe priests should have to be celibate, but requiring them to be married is equally stupid.

I believe a magician made this argument once. Read Concluding Unscientific Posctscript by Kierkegaard! I suggest it at least. It has a lot to do with this

Hell is God. We are all burning in hell already

The thing is there are different beliefs within christianity itself, so it becomes a matter of which faith you subscribe to versus which faith is the one that gets you into heaven.
you belong

As someone who has grown up around many different types of American Christians their whole lives, I can tell you that most of them just don't even think that much about it. I know plenty of Christians who have houses stacked with all kinds of material possessions, just ridiculous teeming masses of stuff, and they don't think twice about it. (These are Protestants and Catholics btw. Don't know too many Orthodox.)

wrong

This
My aunt is "catholic" but only ever goes with me to mass on easter, and even tries to slip away halfway through the service.

Being Christian requires faith, not empirical evidence, so what would give you this faith? A stranger coming to you and pestering about the Bible likely wouldn't convert you. People are more inclined to convert if they see good works, like helping the needy, or good artworks. Buddhism was popular in the US partly because of the pacifism and mystical literature in the religion.

It's really sad that so many Christians are just religious pretenders these days, and use things like Catholicism for an identity. My ex is like that, and it infutiated me to no end. Also, whenever I think about religious pretenders I think of the short story "A Good Man is Hard to Find." That was such a powerful story.

liberals are secular christians, anyways, everyone who doesn't accept their arbitrary personal beliefs as the one objective truth is branded as a bad person, there's no way to send them to hell, though. Therein lies the weakness of liberalism, the only thing they have going for them is the aspiration to a hollowed out ideal of middle class 'decency'. Justin Trudeau is their Christ-Analogue.

If baptism cleanses a person from sin, and mortal life is unimportant compared to the life to come, surely the most Christian thing to do would be to murder infants immediately after baptism, sending them directly to heaven and avoiding the sufferings of this world.

But murder is a sin, you say? So you would be taking on sins and dooming yourself to suffering and death in order to save others. What could be more Christlike?

>How can you be a true christian without attempting to convert everyone you meet?
Read Augustine

That's not an aphorism, it's just the Orthodox teaching that the fire of hell is God's sustaining energies

epic digits brah, major props and respect

Is everyone constantly suffering and without happiness? No. Suffering isn't even inherently terrible and could be argued as necessary for great things to occur, like in art, knowledge, evolution. And Jesus didn't kill any infants last I checked.

kek really is a false god

If suffering is so great, then hell is the place to be. Heaven, a place without suffering, must then be stifling and boring, right?

Christianity is slave morality. The superior man does not worship God, he kneels before nobody, the superior man rises to the heavens through sheer force of will and dethrones God Himself. Even in Genesis, the old dullard in the sky was already aware his creations were destined to surpass him.

>And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

1 Timothy 3:2
A bishop must then be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3:4-5
One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
(For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
3:11-12
Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.
Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.

Titus 1:5-7
For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee:
If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.
For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;

Wrong.

It is interesting. Who of the theologians talked about this?

>since nothing in the Bible supports his existence
Not even the Bible is enough tu support its own claim. Typical christian bullshit, evidence doesn't matter except when it actually does.

You can't, but Vatican II with its ecumenism and modernism makes catholicism "liberal" - in the doctrinal sense - by the day, making religion a private matter and embracing secularism.

I don't understand why Calvinists try to convert people. According to them you're part of the elect or you're not and it's totally up to God.

>rock

Take your shitty, bargain brand Gnositicism somewhere else

I take my heresy nice and crypto